1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '09 11:241 edit
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Do you think Mary was hot? I imagine that to get God's attention she must have been. She must have been able to walk on water in the sack.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 11:11
    I must tell Jesus. I must tell Jesus.

I cannot bear these burdens alone.

Jesus can help me. Jesus can help.

Wondeful Hymn "I Must Tell Jesus"

http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/i/m/imustell.htm
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 14:35
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I am an evangelist. And I intend to help people believe in the Gospel of Christ

You should not be quick to assume that your attitude about masturbation has not already been tried. Don't think that some Christians have never adopted that kind of attitude.

Jesus said [b]"He who commits sin is a slave to sin."
    You could substitute "He who commits ...[text shortened]... nt to labor that much just to tickle your atheistic curiosity for its own sake.
    I still don't see how maturbation is a sin, all that i have gleaned from your evangelical posturing is that some how masturbation is a habit, and is therefore it is a sin.

As i asked above, i bite the skin around my fingernails habitually, by your very defintion it is therefore a sin, or am i missing something? I also habitually exercise, which has the same physiological effect as masturbation, a release of serotonin, does that mean exercise is a sin?

What happens if i only masturbate a few times a year and not habitually, am i then not a sinner?

Your analogy between masturbation and crack cocaine was a poor one. Crack cocaine wasn't around when the scriptures were written masturbation was, therefore if it was such a big deal it surely would be mentioned in the Bible. But it isn't.

I find it amusing that God, the creator of everything, would be concerned by what me and my willy got up to in private. Utterly ridiculous.
  4. Playing with matches
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 18:15
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I'll take your lack of response for a "Yes". Just as I thought really, Mary was fierce in the sack.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 20:55
    I'll take your lack of response for a "Yes". Just as I thought really, Mary was fierce in the sack.
    Mary was not fierce at all, I don't know why or how you guys come up with these freaky ideas.
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 21:06
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Mary was not fierce at all, I don't know why or how you guys come up with these freaky ideas.
    How do you know what Mary was like? I say she was totally fierce.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 21:09
    How do you know what Mary was like? I say she was totally fierce.
    I read The Bible, you apparently have not.
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 21:10
    I read The Bible, you apparently have not.
    You'd be wrong. I've read it and reread it from childhood.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 21:15
    You'd be wrong. I've read it and reread it from childhood.
    I would be wrong or I am wrong? I repeat you apparently have not, when you "reread" the whole thing again, then you can post on this thread and THEN tell me what you think.
  10. Playing with matches
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 21:48
    I would be wrong or I am wrong? I repeat you apparently have not, when you "reread" the whole thing again, then you can post on this thread and THEN tell me what you think.
    I've read the bible many times daniel. You'll have to forgive me, but, I find this thread absolutely ridiculous and my posts should be an obvious reflection of that. I can understand why you would assume me ignorant of the bible, but, such is not the case.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 21:57
    I've read the bible many times daniel. You'll have to forgive me, but, I find this thread absolutely ridiculous and my posts should be an obvious reflection of that. I can understand why you would assume me ignorant of the bible, but, such is not the case.
    Mary was preserved from sin by a special act of God, and that because she didn't have concupiscence like the rest of us and was filled with God's grace, she was able to avoid any personal sin as well.

The Immaculate Conception means we believe when Mary was conceived, she was kept from inheriting the state of original sin by a special act of God. This is the analogy most often given to explain it (from the link below):

Basically, we believe Mary was born in the state that Eve was. We often call Jesus the new Adam for obvious reasons, he helps us out of that pit that Adam fell into in the first place, and we call Mary the New Eve, because while Eve said no to God, Mary said yes. She was really the first person to accept Christ, though in a very literal way, lol! Also, we call Mary the New Ark, because just as the Ark of the Covenant was a vessel that was considered holy, was not to be touched by impure hands, and held within it the most precious and holy of all things on earth, so too did Mary. She had within her the very body of our Lord, and how much more infinitely worthy of being kept free from contact with any vessel that has a stain of sin is He than mere objects! It seems fit that the vessel that was to carry him should be pure and untouched by any kind of sin, even original sin.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 23:382 edits
    You'll have to forgive me, but, I find this thread absolutely ridiculous
    That's a very judgmental thing to say. Nonetheless, I do forgive you.
  13. Playing with matches
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 23:42
    Mary was preserved from sin by a special act of God, and that because she didn't have concupiscence like the rest of us and was filled with God's grace, she was able to avoid any personal sin as well.

The Immaculate Conception means we believe when Mary was conceived, she was kept from inheriting the state of original sin by a special act of God. This i ...[text shortened]... ssel that was to carry him should be pure and untouched by any kind of sin, even original sin.
    I'm afraid you operate with an entirely different perception of reality than I do my friend.

Thank you though for your elaboration. At the risk of continuing this debate unnecessarily, you are calling out teachings of the Catholic Church rather than the word of the bible. The bible refer's to Mary as being full of God's grace. Does this mean she was without sin? There is no reference in the bible about her being the New Eve, this is an invention of the Catholic Church is it not? Much of this appears to be supposition rather than literal truth as written in the bible.

Anyway, you are obviously free to believe what you want, I would just challenge you to evaluate your beliefs objectively.
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 23:43
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    That's a very judgmental thing to say. Nonetheless, I do forgive you.
    Blow thyself demon.
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 00:31
    Blow thyself demon.
    http://www.dougbrittonbooks.com/onlinebiblestudies-irritationandangermanagement/showrespectevenifothersdonotdeserverespect.php

I'd encourage you to read this page with an open heart, with an eye toward answering the two closing questions:

Who is someone you have had trouble respecting?

Which of these insights will help you treat him or her with more respect ... even if he or she has not "earned" your respect?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree