Everyone

Everyone "Cherry Picks" and that's OK

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by Eladar
God is the Creator. We are the created. God gets to make the rules.
A mother is the creator, the unborn child is the created. Does the mother get to make the rules?

E

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
A mother is the creator, the unborn child is the created. Does the mother get to make the rules?
Mother is created. Child is created. God creates both.

If you see that the second hand moves the minute hand, did the second hand do the work or the clock maker?

w

Moves
15 Feb 17
2 edits

Originally posted by Great King Rat
You haven't responded to a single point I've made. You've not responded to god's disgusting treatment of Abe's son, you've not responded to Abe's willingness to murder his son because god said so, you've not responded to Abe's need to still make a blood sacrifice for his god, you've not responded to Abe receiving blessings even though he would've murd ...[text shortened]... er since your parents started to inject all the biblical nonsense into your impressionable mind.
I see, so when we let God be God children like Isaac survive, but when we let you be god then children die by the millions.

I'll stick with my God instead of your twisted and demented notion of right and wrong 😉

As for your charge that Abraham was greedy, according to the Bible he was a very generous man, so your assertion is a lie.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Feb 17

If and when your mother told you to do something, did you as a child?

Infidel

Moves
15 Feb 17

God is the Creator. We are the created. God gets to make the rules.
... said the mindless, religiously indoctrinated drone.

Infidel

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by whodey
I see, so when we let God be God children like Isaac survive, but when we let you be god then children die by the millions.

I'll stick with my God instead of your twisted and demented notion of right and wrong 😉

As for your charge that Abraham was greedy, according to the Bible he was a very generous man, so your assertion is a lie.
You're still not responding to any of my points.

Similar to how you will start blathering "Yeah, but remember that time Obama..." whenever Trump's idiotic move of the day gets discussed, you simply refuse to acknowledge the vileness of the god you love so dearly and the disturbing actions of his followers and instead start blathering "Yeah, but abortion...".

Sheep.

You too would murder and maim if your god instructed you to. Because you follow your Leader.

And I never asserted Abraham was greedy. That you can't read is not my problem nor my fault. I simply told you he was awarded prosperity for being obedient to the point of being ready to kill his child for his god. Your god awarded Abe "the root of all evil" for being obedient.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
If and when your mother told you to do something, did you as a child?
It varied. You?

E

Moves
15 Feb 17

... said the mindless, religiously indoctrinated drone.
Who is the brainless one, the one who controls his behavior or the person who acts on desire?

Infidel

Moves
15 Feb 17

Who is the brainless one, the one who controls his behavior or the person who acts on desire?
The one who believes in supernatural beings.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Feb 17

It varied. You?
Same, she did make my rules, I just didn't always follow them.

w

Moves
16 Feb 17
4 edits

You're still not responding to any of my points.

Similar to how you will start blathering "Yeah, but remember that time Obama..." whenever Trump's idiotic move of the day gets discussed, you simply refuse to acknowledge the vileness of the god you love so dearly and the disturbing actions of his followers and instead start blathering "Yeah, but abo ...[text shortened]... y to kill his child for his god. Your god awarded Abe "the root of all evil" for being obedient.
We are all sheep. Trump and Obama are prime examples of what I'm talking about here. We are wired to want a leader, someone to guide them, someone to trust.

I trust neither man, the only one I trust is Christ. However, you are forced to tie your donkey to someone who will promise you your collective salvation, someone like Obama. They are a dime a dozen.

You seem to view Trump as the disease as where I view him as a symptom of a much broader disease process, probably in the death throws.

All I can say is, choose your shepherd wisely. I have no need of either shepherd because I already have chosen one.

As for Abraham, you say he is not greedy but chose to serve God for prosperity? That does not make much sense.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Feb 17

We are all sheep. Trump and Obama....... ummmmm, >SNIP<

As for Abraham, you say he is not greedy but chose to serve God for prosperity? That does not make much sense.
"And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God." -- Genesis 17:1-8, KJV

Prosperity is in the eye of the beholder.

F

Moves
17 Feb 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Same, [my mother] did make my rules, I just didn't always follow them.
Did she ever threaten to throw you in a furnace and keep you there, burning alive, forever?

w

Moves
17 Feb 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
"And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and t ...[text shortened]... n; and I will be their God." -- Genesis 17:1-8, KJV

Prosperity is in the eye of the beholder.
Abraham's devotion was obviously toward God and not the things of this world. In fact, the one thing Abraham wanted most of all in this world was a son, not money. God then asked him for it.

The point here was not to take his son, the point was to show that Abraham's most prized possession was the Lord who gave him his son and all that he has. That is what it means to be a person of faith. In short, what do we love the most? As Christ said, if you love anything more than God, you fall short because all that you have and are is from God.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Feb 17

Abraham's devotion was obviously toward God and not the things of this world. In fact, the one thing Abraham wanted most of all in this world was a son, not money. God then asked him for it.

The point here was not to take his son, the point was to show that Abraham's most prized possession was the Lord who gave him his son and all that he has. That is w ...[text shortened]... f you love anything more than God, you fall short because all that you have and are is from God.
From the outside looking in, you seem to be portraying a God who is needy, petty and jealous.

It's like a father seeing his daughter's love for a puppy and being jealous of that love. He then tells the daughter to sacrifice the puppy to him, but because he actually wants to kill the puppy but just as a reminder to the daughter that she should love him more than the puppy.

And you worship this dude?