1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:51
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Your lack of a response on who it is means that you don't. Tell you what, prove your genius - respond before one of the athiests do. I know there's a few out there that know what I'm talking about. I know there's a few athiests that know the Bible better than you. But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt beforehand.
    Nobody in this forum knows the Bible better than me. 🙄

Actually, jaywill did a good job. Too bad you don't have a clue.

Hey, I have an idea. Let's just spend the evening tossing insults back and forth.

I bet I know how to do that better than anyone here. 🙄
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 00:01
    He he he ... I just know one of the athiests will beat you and your lack of Biblical knowledge... *snickers*
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 00:12
    He he he ... I just know one of the athiests will beat you and your lack of Biblical knowledge... *snickers*
    Man! I'm gettin' real scared now.

Who would have thought that an atheist would know the Bible better than a Christian?

How do you think it can be proven? What sort of test would it be?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '09 15:412 edits
    Well, gollee, you're wrong again. I would have thought that such a renowned Bible scholar such as yourself would have realized your error before you hit the Post button.
    =======================================
    Well, gollee, you're wrong again. I would have thought that such a renowned Bible scholar such as yourself would have realized your error before you hit the Post button.
    ===================================

I am not a renowned Bible scholar. But I do know that God is 100% satisfied with Jesus Christ. That does not mean that the will of God has been completed. It does mean that the man Jesus has fully met the need of God so as to satisfy God.

Why do you think all authority in heaven and in earth is given into the hands of this Jesus ?

"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All authroity hgas been given to nme in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and disciple all nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 28:18,19)

There is a MAN ... a MAN in Whom all the authority in the UNIVERSE has been invested. This is why it is a good idea to get on the side of this Jesus.

Here again. In the next portion of Scripture I want you to pay special attention to the word THEREFORE" . I want you to be impressed with what the word THEREFORE is there for.

" ... Christ Jesus, Who existing in the form of God did not cpnsider being equal with God a trasure to be grasped,
    But emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, becomming in the likeness of men;
    And being found in fashion as a man,
    He humbled Himself,
    becomming obedient even unto death,
    and that the death of a cross.
    THEREFORE .... also God highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him a name which is above every name,
    That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    of those who are in heaven anbd on earth and under the earth,
    And every tongue should openly confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father." (Phil 2:5-11)

Because Christ underwent these steps of humility and obedience - Not grasping His divinity, becoming in the form of man, becomming a slave, becomming an obedient slave, becomming obedient even unto death, becomming obedient unto a cruel abominable death on a cross --- on that bases - THEREFORE God has highly exalted Him. He has given Him a name above every name not only in this age but in the age to come.

Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess Jesus Christ is Lord. Compare this to what God says concerning Himself in Isa. 45:23

It is identical.

"I have sworn by Myself; a word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness and will not return,

That every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall swear ..."

There is a MAN on the throne of this entire universe who has pleased God to the uttermost. We cannot exalt Him too highly.

"And behold, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is My Son, the Beloved, in whom I have found My delight." (Matt. 3:17)

God has found His satisfaction and delight in this man - Jesus. Now I would like all of you skeptics to look at your knees. Look down now at your KNEES.

Feel your knees. Your knees are one day going to kneel and your tongue is going to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. In this I have absolutely no doubt because all will know that in this MAN God has found His uttermost delight.

Why should I wait. I want to bow the knees and confess Jesus is Lord to the Father's glory today.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 01:06
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==============================
    Barstudd wrote:"God is divine truth,everything is ok with God."
    Anyone agree with this simple assertion?
    ================================

There is one matter, one Person that is 100% OK with God. That is Jesus Christ.

Christ has met His requirement. Christ has fulfilled His purpose. Christ has express ...[text shortened]... at is because we are in the "place" with which God is totally satisfied - in Christ His Son.[/b]
    (golly gosh , where is Barstudd?)

So is Jesus supposed to be dwelling within us or Christ conciosness?
    (Cause I'v e no more room in here,sorry)
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 02:39
    Ok, I'll answer. Jaywill said that one was ok with God (Jesus) and I submitted that there was another that was ok with God - 100% ok with God, in fact. It's clear that the Christians have been stumped so I suppose some remidial Bible study is in order.

The other person ok with God? That would be Enoch. Refer to Genesis 5.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 03:13
    Ok, I'll answer. Jaywill said that one was ok with God (Jesus) and I submitted that there was another that was ok with God - 100% ok with God, in fact. It's clear that the Christians have been stumped so I suppose some remidial Bible study is in order.

===============================
    ====================================

You have a good point. And I do not disagree that Enoch's testimony was well pleasing to God. But a couple of observations:

1.) Enoch's sins had to be washed in the blood of Jesus just like every other descendent of Adam who was a born sinner.

The Old Testament patriarchs also had to be redeemed by "the Lamb of God who was slain from the foundation of the world" (Revelation 13:8)

Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and other Old Testament saints all eventually benefitted from the redemption of Christ, in which they were in need just as anyone else.

"Christ ... Who God set forth as a propitation place through faith in His blood, for the demonstration of His righteousness, in that in His forbearance God passed over the sins that had previously occured. " (Rom. 3:24,25)

Before Christ came, He was prefigured by both the propitiation cover in the ark, and prior to that the offering offered by Abel. Retroactively, the Old Testament saints of faith were all also benefitiaries of Christ's death for the sins of all the world in every age.

So while I do agree that Enoch was well pleasing to God, Enoch ALSO needed and received salvation in Christ. God overlooked the sins of the patriarchs until Christ came, died, and cleansed them of the transgressions which no descendent of Adam can escape making.

2.) Enoch is really a type of Christ for the ascension of Christ and of Elijah were shadows of the truest ascension of the Son of God.

All of the positive figures in the Bible are pointers and types of Christ. They prefigured Him in various ways.

"God, having spoken of old in many portions and in many ways to the fathers in the prophets, has at the last of these days spoken to us in the Son, whom He appointed Heir of all things, thrugh whom also He made the universe." (Hebrews 1:1)

Enoch's testimony was one of the "many ways" in which Christ the Son of God was prefigured and foreshadowed.

In the gospels we also see that Christ is the reality of Jonah, Christ is the reality of Solomon, Christ is the reality of the temple of God.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 03:221 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    (golly gosh , where is Barstudd?)

(Cause I'v e no more room in here,sorry)
    =========================
    ==============================

Jesus Christ has to be RECEIVED. He has to be invited into the heart. He must be received into the innermost spirit by the one who asks Him to come in.

"As many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name, who were begotten ..." (John 1:12,13)

The promise of being begotten a son of God is to those who "received" Christ, who believe into His name. It is not to those who reject Him, refuse Him, and will not believe into His name.

But certainly those who receive Him will be "begotten" ... a spiritual birth which puts them in the divine family of God. Then they can quite naturally and normally call God Father ... even Daddy, Abba. And it feels so comfortable and sweet.

So no one is born naturally with Christ within them. All are born again when they "receive" Christ by faith. We learn about Him and we receive Him. Those who will not believe in Him will not receive Him. And these will perish forever because they rejected Him and would not believe in Him or receive Him.

I am not talking about ignorance of Him. I am talking about receiving Him or rejecting Him.

The case of ignrance is not as clear to me. I can offer my opinion but it is only that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree