1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '12 07:381 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Not trying, already tried and done.

One of the things I know from personal experience about Phd's:

I have a son in law who has the same Phd as that scientist in Jerusalem, which is described as a 'bio physicist'. The real name for that branch of science is Statistical Physics.

Not that that name change means anything but I thought I would point t o fit his hypothesis.

That is the difference between a real scientist and a charlatan.
    The wikipedia artice on Gentry says he entered the doctoral programme at Georgia Institute of Technology, but left when he was refused permission to work on the age of the Earth for his dissertation.

This and other statements give me the impression that he was being discrimminated against because he was going against the establisment. This has been the common reaction against any scientist who expresses any doubt about the evolutionary theory. They don't want it questioned and that is why they fight hard to prevent any alternate ideas or doubts being taught to students. There seems to me no freedom in science to do research on anything contrary to evolution.

Bill Gates dropped out of college but has done better than all those that graduated in his class.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '12 10:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The wikipedia artice on Gentry says he entered the doctoral programme at Georgia Institute of Technology, but left when he was refused permission to work on the age of the Earth for his dissertation.

This and other statements give me the impression that he was being discrimminated against because he was going against the establisment. This has been the c ...[text shortened]... ll Gates dropped out of college but has done better than all those that graduated in his class.
    Not when you start out with an agenda. Pick and choose what data you want, ignore science protocol, arrive at the conclusion you knew in advance you were going to arrive at. That is not discrimination, that is being found out at the academic level, where he probably professed a belief the Earth was a few thousand years old and he was going to, by god, prove it. No matter what it took. Sloppy science, deliberate agenda. No wonder they wouldn't let him in a real university.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '12 01:33
    Not when you start out with an agenda. Pick and choose what data you want, ignore science protocol, arrive at the conclusion you knew in advance you were going to arrive at. That is not discrimination, that is being found out at the academic level, where he probably professed a belief the Earth was a few thousand years old and he was going to, by god, prove ...[text shortened]... took. Sloppy science, deliberate agenda. No wonder they wouldn't let him in a real university.
    They could have let him continue then give him a failing grade like they sometimes do with others who buck against the established theory of evolution.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 May '12 08:251 edit
    They could have let him continue then give him a failing grade like they sometimes do with others who buck against the established theory of evolution.
    Sloppy science is just that, sloppy science. You come in with an agenda, right off the top that is not science, that is just being political. You want to prove a point no matter the cost to your reputation. He has no reputation now, having been shown to be the charlatan he is.

If he had been more vigorous in his science, he would have figured out long ago his line of 'reasoning' was no good. But instead, he continues to cling desperately to his long ago refuted assertions.

Did you read about my recent experience with the two Phd's I work with on a daily basis? I know from where I speak about due diligence, Keith covers all the bases, does not have an agenda going in and we are developing a new technological process by NOT doing sloppy science.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '12 14:28
    Sloppy science is just that, sloppy science. You come in with an agenda, right off the top that is not science, that is just being political. You want to prove a point no matter the cost to your reputation. He has no reputation now, having been shown to be the charlatan he is.

If he had been more vigorous in his science, he would have figured out long ag ...[text shortened]... genda going in and we are developing a new technological process by NOT doing sloppy science.
    Sloppy and deceitful science is stock in trade of the evolutionary scientists.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '12 00:15
    Sloppy and deceitful science is stock in trade of the evolutionary scientists.
    So it's a vast conspiracy then. Thousands of scientists, geologists, anthropologists, mathematicians, all in a secret cabal, all atheists, in a secret war on christianity.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    23 May '12 02:42
    So it's a vast conspiracy then. Thousands of scientists, geologists, anthropologists, mathematicians, all in a secret cabal, all atheists, in a secret war on christianity.
    yeah, and all the medicinal advances we made based on evolutionary theory in practice were actually prayers being answered by bog.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 May '12 07:30
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    yeah, and all the medicinal advances we made based on evolutionary theory in practice were actually prayers being answered by bog.
    I thing you meant “god” and not “bog”?
    Although prayers being 'answered' by bog would be just as effective.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '12 17:05
    Originally posted by humy
    I thing you meant “god” and not “bog”?
    Although prayers being 'answered' by bog would be just as effective.
    No he meant "bog" who he worships above all others.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    23 May '12 17:56
    No he meant "bog" who he worships above all others.
    bog bless you.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '12 18:04
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    bog bless you.
    Did you hear the dyslexic's dilemma?

Is there a dog?
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 May '12 19:242 edits
    Did you hear the dyslexic's dilemma?

Is there a dog?
    Of course there is no bog! 😠 -stupid superstition.

I may be dyslexic but my Englidelicious is perfect!
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '12 20:21
    Originally posted by humy
    Of course there is no bog! 😠 -stupid superstition.

I may be dyslexic but my Englidelicious is perfect!
    Dyslexic's Untie!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree