Evidence For A Young Earth

Evidence For A Young Earth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I have never killed young boys or taken a bunch of girls hostage like Boko Haram. Why can't you just disagree with me without making ad hominem attacks? You could also say I am like Hitler, but that does not make what I say any less true.
You have never started any threads about highly organized extremist Christian violence in east Africa, for example, or about Christian female genital mutilation.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
10 Jun 14

I have never killed young boys or taken a bunch of girls hostage like Boko Haram. Why can't you just disagree with me without making ad hominem attacks? You could also say I am like Hitler, but that does not make what I say any less true.
You could also say I am like Hitler, but that does not make what I say any less true.
No, you are right in this post. What you say is not true on its own merits, or rather lack of merit.

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

I guess there is no wisdom I can give to you. A fool doesn't learn wisdom.
No, I know. You cannot give any wisdom to anyone. We know that from before.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
You have never started any threads about highly organized extremist Christian violence in east Africa, for example, or about Christian female genital mutilation.
I did not start the thread about Boko Haram either. Maybe that was Dasa or some other so-called Muslim hater.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
You could also say I am like Hitler, but that does not make what I say any less true.
No, you are right in this post. What you say is not true on its own merits, or rather lack of merit.
Well, at least you can now see that some of the things I say are true. I don't claim to know it all, just more than most of you young people that should have learned to respect your elders.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
10 Jun 14
1 edit

Well, at least you can now see that some of the things I say are true. I don't claim to know it all, just more than most of you young people that should have learned to respect your elders.
RJ, we don't automatically respect our elders. You sometimes make statements that are true, and when you do I'll happily concede that they are. But you cannot expect me to leave statements you make unchallenged if I disagree with them solely on the basis of your age.

Edit: Besides I'm 42 which sadly no longer really counts as young.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
10 Jun 14
1 edit

OK, I will bite again, much against my better judgement.....

It looks like you cannot distinguish PRINCIPLE from DETAIL.

There are many people I disagree with, and amicably so. I give everybody the right to their opinion, and when I engage them, we do so out of mutual respect, in order to learn from each other.

What I disagree with with you, is NOT merely your interpretation of the Bible, and the fact that you take Gen 1 literally, (which is indeed something one could debate), but the fact that you claim for yourself that YOU ALONE HAVE THE TRUTH, and that YOUR VERY SPECIFIC INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE IS THE ONLY CORRECT ONE.

That, in a word, is Fundamentalism. I AM RIGHT, and if you don't agree with me, then YOU ARE WRONG.

And THAT is what distinguishes Boko Haram from legitimate Islamism.

THAT is what I am accusing you off, not of your specific viewpoint, but of your attitude.

You love to refer to yourself (in the various names that you chose from time to time) as some clever person, a leader of Men, an Inspirational Teacher. Yet most (if not all) truly wise persons acknowledge freely that they know very little, and are constantly learning.

Edit: one more thing - several people here (googlefudge, FabianF and others) have patiently spent time to write very detailed, logical arguments, which at least merited some kind of reasoned response from you, but you either bluntly ignore it, or reply that: "this is what it says in the Bible, so there!" So there is not much point in taking you up on specifics either.

For a moment, just imagine that I were a Muslim, and I argued with you that such and such is the TRUTH, because it says so in the QORAN. Would you accept that as a valid reason? Of course not, you say, because you do not accept the Qoran as the Infallible Word Of God! So the basis of any useful discussion should be some common ground. Your detractors appeal to logic and science as possible common ground. If you cannot meet them on that terrain, you should excuse yourself.

CJ

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
RJ, we don't automatically respect our elders. You sometimes make statements that are true, and when you do I'll happily concede that they are. But you cannot expect me to leave statements you make unchallenged if I disagree with them solely on the basis of your age.

Edit: Besides I'm 42 which sadly no longer really counts as young.
Sure you can challenge what I say anytime and still show some respect. The reason I post is to teach, learn, and debate. I don't post with the intent to insult or call people names, but sometimes I do because their response makes me angry.

I admit it is hard to teach an old dog, like me, new tricks. But let me tell you something about your age. At 42 you are only old if you are a professional athlete. Don't start thinking of yourself as old until you get to at least 65 for most everything else, and you will most likely live a more youthful life.

Moves
10 Jun 14

Sure you can challenge what I say anytime and still show some respect. The reason I post is to teach, learn, and debate. I don't post with the intent to insult or call people names, but sometimes I do because their response makes me angry.

I admit it is hard to teach an old dog, like me, new tricks. But let me tell you something about your age. At 42 ...[text shortened]... get to at least 65 for most everything else, and you will most likely live a more youthful life.
The reason I post is to teach, learn, and debate.

posting youtube clips is not debating. repeating the same mistakes is not learning and spreading misinformation is not teaching.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by CalJust
OK, I will bite again, much against my better judgement.....

It looks like you cannot distinguish PRINCIPLE from DETAIL.

There are many people I disagree with, and amicably so. I give everybody the right to their opinion, and when I engage them, we do so out of mutual respect, in order to learn from each other.

What I disagree with with you, is NOT ...[text shortened]... ssible common ground. If you cannot meet them on that terrain, you should excuse yourself.

CJ
Most of the people in the Science Forum do not want to meet me on common ground. Everything I try to present on the science side, they refuse to consider, if it has any hint of creation or intelligent design as a source, or if the scientist has changed his views to creation or intelligent design from evolutionism. To most of them, if a scientist has become to believe in God, then that person is no longer a legitimate scientist.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
[b]The reason I post is to teach, learn, and debate.

posting youtube clips is not debating. repeating the same mistakes is not learning and spreading misinformation is not teaching.[/b]
The Youtube videos serve as a teaching aid. It also presents the material in a visual manner to make it easier for most people to understand. Then we can still debate the ideas from the video. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Moves
10 Jun 14

The Youtube videos serve as a teaching aid. It also presents the material in a visual manner to make it easier for most people to understand. Then we can still debate the ideas from the video. I don't see anything wrong with that.
you dont debate ideas from videos, you just post videos.

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

Most of the people in the Science Forum do not want to meet me on common ground. Everything I try to present on the science side, they refuse to consider, if it has any hint of creation or intelligent design as a source, or if the scientist has changed his views to creation or intelligent design from evolutionism. To most of them, if a scientist has become to believe in God, then that person is no longer a legitimate scientist.
Because you know so little and you believe so much. What's the fun with discussing things with you?

You don't listen, and you blabber. You are like a crocodile with big mouth with no ears.

You never learn anything. You repeat your ignorance again and again, even when we give you the science behind. But no, you repeat your ignorance again and again.

So there is no common grounds. when you are willing to listen and learn, then it might be quite fun, but until then? Will pigs fly?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
10 Jun 14

I, and many others, have presented to you scientific evidence proving evolution, including from leading Christians such as Francis Collins, and YOU blindly refused to even consider or discuss their findings!

Methinks the shoe is on the other foot.

Just for the record, would you concede that there is an ever so slight possibility that some of your opinions could be wrong? Or are you more infallible than the Pope?

Just wondering...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
you dont debate ideas from videos, you just post videos.
I would debate them, if you would look at them and make coments on what you think is wrong with the information.