1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 16:31
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/living/jesus-debate-man-versus-myth/index.html
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 16:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sorry to say, but no, that article contains no actual evidence that Jesus never existed. It has the claim by some person that because some of the stories attributed to Jesus may have had earlier origins (hardly something new) then that is evidence that Jesus never existed. I say its a terrible argument with no underlying logic.

I do think there are good arguments that Jesus may have never existed, but this is not one of them.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 18:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Sorry to say, but no, that article contains no actual evidence that Jesus never existed. It has the claim by some person that because some of the stories attributed to Jesus may have had earlier origins (hardly something new) then that is evidence that Jesus never existed. I say its a terrible argument with no underlying logic.

I do think there are good arguments that Jesus may have never existed, but this is not one of them.
    I think there are some pretty good reasons that Samantha Breckenridge never existed.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 19:18
    Originally posted by sonship
    I think there are some pretty good reasons that Samantha Breckenridge never existed.
    Well the fact that I have never heard of her isn't evidence either way.
    So what are those reasons? Care to discuss them? Or are you just taking the piss because you didn't like what I said but can't challenge it directly?
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 19:33
    The thread title is kinda dumb. sloow doown buuddy
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 20:11
    I made the name up.

My taking a piss is not that much more annoying then your grandstanding and waiting for people to get info from you like pulling teeth.

What are your two topmost good arguments that Jesus of Nazareth "may" never have existed?

This question above is based on my reading of this sentence from you -

7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 21:22
    Google search that name and see if anyone shows up.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 01:30
    Originally posted by apathist
    The thread title is kinda dumb. sloow doown buuddy
    I dunno man. It could have merit.
    I think its kinda dumb to dismiss the influence of Jesus,real or fictional. Would it make any difference to you (and you too sonhouse) if you knew for sure either way?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 09:53
    My taking a piss is not that much more annoying then your grandstanding and waiting for people to get info from you like pulling teeth.
    Next time, just consider asking.
    You are as bad as apathist.
    I make a passing comment and you are upset that it wasn't a 5000 word book on the subject so you take the piss rather than simply ask. What is even more disingenuous of you is the fact that we have discussed it in detail in the past, so you are either very forgetful or you know full well what my opinions on the matter are.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 09:54
    What are your two topmost good arguments that Jesus of Nazareth "may" never have existed?
    Sorry, but given your behavior so far I have little interest in discussing it further with you.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 14:181 edit
    Sorry, but given your behavior so far I have little interest in discussing it further with you.
    I thought that might be the case.
    Ad hom and duck.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 14:58
    I thought that might be the case.
    Ad hom and duck.
    I got bored of lengthy discussions with you a while back. Your dishonesty knows no bounds and it gets boring after a while.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 17:571 edit
    I got bored of lengthy discussions with you a while back. Your dishonesty knows no bounds and it gets boring after a while.
    What's boring is you changing the subject.

Now you DO want to talk or you DON'T?
    Tell someone else here if you wish.

Your two strongest arguments that Jesus MAY never have existed are ? ?
    Tell sonhouse.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 16:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Let two NT scholars debate - (its a good one)

Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? Richard Carrier debates William Lane Craig

YouTube&t=1903s
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 18:131 edit
    Though their working on a new generation of people entusiastic about Destination Moon (just in case they realize we've never really been there) I doubt we'll ever get sane human beings to take a trip to Mars.

We're probably not going to Mars.
    Sorry. SciFi books and movies will have to do.
    Re-runs of Star Trek and Star Wars will have to suffice.

NASA`s Mars Mission and WHY we can NOT go to MARS
    YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree