1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 17:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ah yes, but i try not to harbour grudges, what's the point, for it only builds up resentment, which is destructive. You are demanding from him something which has been levelled against him, how many apologies has he received from others insulting him? Its not about Vishy, its about the points that he is stressing.
    Okay, you make your friends as you want.

But if you've read what he writes about christian people, then you have to understand that he doesn't give much respect to you, as a christian.

He cleary gave his intentions at the third posting he wrote, then one from 30 june, where he wrote:
    "Chrisianity, Islam, Judaism, and the rest, do not have or know truth about god and life. They are all ignorant of real knowledge and truth of god, but they teach their nonsense to the little children, and thus the ignorance spreads, how sad it is."
    Black on white, he thinks you are ignorant, robbie. He still does.

But it is your choice. Your creator is not the same as his creator. His creator creates better than yours, is his opinion. But, what the hell, you know what friends you make.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 17:212 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Okay, you make your friends as you want.

But if you've read what he writes about christian people, then you have to understand that he doesn't give much respect to you, as a christian.

He cleary gave his intentions at the third posting he wrote, then one from 30 june, where he wrote:
    "Chrisianity, Islam, Judaism, and the rest, do not have or know t eates better than yours, is his opinion. But, what the hell, you know what friends you make.
    ok Fabian, lets look at the statement,

Chrisianity, Islam, Judaism, and the rest, do not have or know truth about god and life. They are all ignorant of real knowledge and truth of god, but they teach their nonsense to the little children, and thus the ignorance spreads, how sad it is

i think that this indeed contains much truth, for example, there are many Islamic 'stories ', which are passed down, father to son which have no basis in reality, for example, that Mohammed split the moon. In the case of Christianity, again i think it is true, for when you press Christians on their beliefs they dont really know how or why those beliefs are formed, the world is full of nominal Christians that have not the faintest idea of why they believe the things they do, yet they are apparently Christians and as Vishy points out, its a self perpetuating system. My only real point of contention is of the term 'real knowledge', but i am prepared to state that what is real knowledge for Vishy may in fact be illusionary to me, for my worship is based on a different system, one which i think is the correct one. It does not of course diminish Vishys reality to him.

yes i like to try to make friends, what's wrong with that?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 17:48
    ok Fabian, lets look at the statement,

Chrisianity, Islam, Judaism, and the rest, do not have or know truth about god and life. They are all ignorant of real knowledge and truth of god, but they teach their nonsense to the little children, and thus the ignorance spreads, how sad it is

i think that this indeed contains much truth, for example, ...[text shortened]... minish Vishys reality to him.

yes i like to try to make friends, what's wrong with that?
    As long your chose your friends carefully...
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 18:29
    As long your chose your friends carefully...
    sure, but what do you think of Vishys statement? does it not contain some truth?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 18:53
    sure, but what do you think of Vishys statement? does it not contain some truth?
    He is plain wrong in a lot of things. But that doesn't matter much.

But his lack of humbleness bothers me. Everyone not sharing exactly his views he calls stupid and ignorant, for chosing the least insulting examples. And he starts that way, scaring people away. Or that he seeks confrontation without even knowing his target. He makes insults personal, when he rather should ask about opinions and meet them.

He is not the one I want to learn anything from. There are other religious people in this forum I rather ask and get valid answers from.

I chose my friends. I don't chose those who insults me. I am not that kind of guy.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 19:26
    He is plain wrong in a lot of things. But that doesn't matter much.

But his lack of humbleness bothers me. Everyone not sharing exactly his views he calls stupid and ignorant, for chosing the least insulting examples. And he starts that way, scaring people away. Or that he seeks confrontation without even knowing his target. He makes insults personal, ...[text shortened]... rs from.

I chose my friends. I don't chose those who insults me. I am not that kind of guy.
    sure Fabian i understand, really i do, but is it not the course of wisdom to look beyond the personality and try to understand what he is saying? if he is wrong then reason shall expose it. These other things are of a secondary nature, is it not so?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 19:33
    sure Fabian i understand, really i do, but is it not the course of wisdom to look beyond the personality and try to understand what he is saying? if he is wrong then reason shall expose it. These other things are of a secondary nature, is it not so?
    But he has no wisdom if he has to insult people, has he? If he really had wisdom, people would listen to him. So he tries with insults. Is that tactically correct? I don't think so.

If Jesus would go around and insult people, would he be so respected nowadays, do you think? I think not. Insultive people are seldom famous for their wisdom.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 19:39
    But he has no wisdom if he has to insult people, has he? If he really had wisdom, people would listen to him. So he tries with insults. Is that tactically correct? I don't think so.

If Jesus would go around and insult people, would he be so respected nowadays, do you think? I think not. Insultive people are seldom famous for their wisdom.
    i know i know, what can i say, too often it degenerates into a name calling competition. Egotism is not good, for it obscures the essence of what should be said, or even if what is said is beneficial, it can be spoilt by a poor delivery. If one has no recourse to reason, then what other appeal can be made? We would be better off talking to a wall, for at least the sound of our voice may reverberate back and we could reflect on the words 🙂
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 20:031 edit
    i know i know, what can i say, too often it degenerates into a name calling competition. Egotism is not good, for it obscures the essence of what should be said, or even if what is said is beneficial, it can be spoilt by a poor delivery. If one has no recourse to reason, then what other appeal can be made? We would be better off talking to a wall, for at least the sound of our voice may reverberate back and we could reflect on the words 🙂
    That's why the finest perfumes are packeted in designied little flasks, and not sheap plastic bottles. That's why they serve gormet food in fancy restaurants and not at a street joint.

If wisdom is presented in an insultive package, noone will listen.

If I tell you that "1+1=2, you stupid retard!" do you tell me "Bravo, you're absolutely right!" Or do you say something like "You're quite a stupid retard yourself!" I think the latter if anything is most probable.

So when you have wisdom you believe in, then you present it as a golden Truth, and not with insults.

About Mr Whiskey and his opponents, I really think he started the insult tirade. And thus showing us how hallow his wisdom really is.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 20:101 edit
    That's why the finest perfumes are packeted in designied little flasks, and not sheap plastic bottles. That's why they serve gormet food in fancy restaurants and not at a street joint.

If wisdom is presented in an insultive package, noone will listen.

If I tell you that "1+1=2, you stupid retard!" do you tell me "Bravo, you're absolutely right!" Or ink he started the insult tirade. And thus showing us how hallow his wisdom really is.
    well it depends how i am feeling, usually my insults are calculated, not that i am proud of them, in fact, i often regret them and feel remorseful afterwards, so much so that i had myself banned for three months! But you are correct, insults definitely detract! Perhaps he thought it was like a kind of war of words, where anything goes, perhaps he is simply replying in kind to what others have said to him, indeed , we all say things over the net that we may not utter to a persons face, its kind of like shouting at people for a traffic infringement from the comfort of your car 🙂
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 20:38
    well it depends how i am feeling, usually my insults are calculated, not that i am proud of them, in fact, i often regret them and feel remorseful afterwards, so much so that i had myself banned for three months! But you are correct, insults definitely detract! Perhaps he thought it was like a kind of war of words, where anything goes, perhaps he i ...[text shortened]... , its kind of like shouting at people for a traffic infringement from the comfort of your car 🙂
    I usually say that, when starting to use insults and personal attacks, then you have lost the discussion completely. On the other hand, you have won a discussion when you have learnt something.

This mean that MrWhiskey loses every discussion. He refuse to learn, and he thinks that insults is a method of making people listen. So MrWhiskey is a loser.

If he dosn't use insults, then he makes other win a discussion, by making them learn a thing or two. He can win the same discussion by learning himself of others. But, no, he doesn't do that. In his own mind he thinks: "Why learn anything from others, when I am right myself! When I have the ultimate Truth in my own pocket!"

So, MrWhiskey is a loser.
  12. Standard memberscrumpymanjack
    Albert King is God
    Mexico City
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 12:36
    Minor point, but did Dawkins really say "wet their appetite"? I don't believe that he could have made that linguistic blunder.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 22:15
    Ok, I think i should explain myself, since there is a discussion about me going on, so....

Before coming into this forum way back,I read many postings and could see that the believers where battling the non believers, and because i have had the good fortune to have studied Vedanta in my life, I thought it would be agood idea to come to the forum and sought it all out.

I could see that the atheists where putting forward false beliefs, and also the religious people where putting forward their false beliefs as well.

Since I dont subscibe to atheism or false religious teachings, I considered what i had to offer valuable.

Only problem was that people are not willing to give up their false beliefs, and after much discussion, I was left with just telling them they where foolish.

Telling a foolish person that they are foolish is not an insult, and telling a dishonest person that they are dishonest, isnt an insult either.

An insult would be if i said you where a bastard, because how would i know if you didnt have a father. (i wouldnt know) so it would be insulting to describe you, as something that you are not.

My apology was for the misunderstanding that you might have, in thinking that i am deliberatly insulting you, but I am not....what I am doing, is describing your behaviour, for instance..

If you talk nonsense ( no sence) then I will say, hey you are talking no sense, or (nonsense).....that is not insulting, its truth, and i cant keep discussing if someone talks no sense, it too difficult, and unproductive.

Now you may not know this, but I do see the suffering in the world, and I know for sure, that its because of all the false teachings in religion and science, and because i feel compassion towards every living thing, I feel I must at least try and show people, where the teachings are wrong.

And whats been happening is, that people want to hold on to their false beliefs so tightly, that they get offended when I attempt to show them where the falsity is. (they get upset) and then attack me.

Actually this is to be expected, because to change ones beliefs is very difficult, especially if there life style is under scrutiny.

Also there is someone in this forum, saying I hate christians, and this is nonsense, I have never said that, its a lie, and I hate nobody, but I do hate false teachings of any kind, from religion or science.
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 23:02
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Ok, I think i should explain myself, since there is a discussion about me going on, so....

Before coming into this forum way back,I read many postings and could see that the believers where battling the non believers, and because i have had the good fortune to have studied Vedanta in my life, I thought it would be agood idea to come to the forum and so ...[text shortened]... s a lie, and I hate nobody, but I do hate false teachings of any kind, from religion or science.
    Amen, and very well put!
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '10 16:31
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

Before coming into this forum way back,I read many postings and could see that the believers where battling the non believers, and because i have had the good fortune to have studied Vedanta in my life, I thought it would be agood idea to come to the forum and so ...[text shortened]... s a lie, and I hate nobody, but I do hate false teachings of any kind, from religion or science.
    “...Telling a foolish person that they are foolish is not an insult, ...”

In that case I can inform you that you are a fool and you would not take this as an insult (at least no insult is intended).

“...I have never said that, its a lie, and I hate nobody, ...”

You have called several of us “dumb ass”. Was this done out of love for us?
    I have occasionally called somebody an idiot but do not pretend that there is not the slightest bit of hate or anger behind that. I think calling an idiot an idiot is an insult to the idiot -I think there’s just no getting around that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree