1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 04:11
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    The thing that frightens me most about creationism is that it is among a set of irrational beliefs that appear to be becoming embedded into the American psyche and into the political establishment. Is the most powerful nation on earth really going to regress interllectually back into the Mediaeval? It beggers belief
    Yeah, well there's a substantial fraction of us clawing at anything to slow the tide. What can you do when a lot of people think like dj2. They have no curiosity for truth. No humble respect for empirics. Their religious indoctrination has produced in them an arrogant apathy to knowledge of the world around us. It's really a crime what his parents did to him. I've been there. So have many others here. Unfortunately, few of us come out of that deep slumber, and while for me it was a wonderful transformation, there is a bit of regret that I wasted so many of education-forming years, closed off to the wonders of nature.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 04:19
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    You said there is no evidence of God. Im just saying that there is evidence to afterlife and God, whether you believe it or not, thats up to you
    What would you accept as evidence for God?
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 04:25
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Evolution is a theory proven by scientific experiments and observations. ... 667joe🙄
    If it is, in fact, a theory, then that means it has NOT been proven.

If it's proven, wouldn't it be the case that it is no longer a theory? Don't you mean "Evolution is a LAW...etc etc"

just asking...

4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 04:40
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    If it is, in fact, a theory, then that means it has NOT been proven.

If it's proven, wouldn't it be the case that it is no longer a theory? Don't you mean "Evolution is a LAW...etc etc"

just asking...

Even Laws haven't been proven. For example, Newton's Laws of Motion are incorrect at high velocities and in very small systems; and technically incorrect at all times, though the error is so small as to be undetectable under most conditions humans encounter.

Actually, nothing can be absolutely proven.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 04:54
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Even Laws haven't been proven. For example, Newton's Laws of Motion are incorrect at high velocities and in very small systems; and technically incorrect at all times, though the error is so small as to be undetectable under most conditions humans encounter.

Some things just take a little longer to see, as in billions of years. 🙂
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 07:24
    Originally posted by telerion
    Yeah, well there's a substantial fraction of us clawing at anything to slow the tide. What can you do when a lot of people think like dj2. They have no curiosity for truth. No humble respect for empirics. Their religious indoctrination has produced in them an arrogant apathy to knowledge of the world around us. It's really a crime what his parents did ...[text shortened]... of regret that I wasted so many of education-forming years, closed off to the wonders of nature.
    worse than the thumpers are the creationists like Morris and Bergman that are intelligent enough to get advanced degrees but have absolutely no objectivity. Their "science" starts with god being a Law ,their underlying "science" is from the bible.
  7. Meddling with things
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 09:27
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What would you accept as evidence for God?
    Kelly
    Bring it on, I have an open mind and I could do with a laugh
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 12:15
    Whats the point. You are a waste of space. You believe in nothing.
    You believe in fairy tales!
  9. Maryland
    Moves
    19 Jun '05 12:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

You clearly don't know the definition of theory as used in science. A theory is an idea supported by all known observations and experiments subject to change if new observations and experiments provide contrary information. So far, no verifiable experiments have contradicted the theory of evolution.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 00:291 edit
    You clearly don't know the definition of theory as used in science. A theory is an idea supported by all known observations and experiments subject to change if new observations and experiments provide contrary information. So far, no verifiable experiments have contradicted the theory of evolution.
    all he meant was Law in just another name for Theory. I like to think a bit differently using Law to mean a Theory that experimenter can use in their conclusions as reasons to call the hypothesis a theory.
    like in does a God-Field hypothesis reconcile with Maxwell's Equation.
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 00:56
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    worse than the thumpers are the creationists like Morris and Bergman that are intelligent enough to get advanced degrees but have absolutely no objectivity. Their "science" starts with god being a Law ,their underlying "science" is from the bible.
    True. Their mistakes are intentional. They simply got degrees for the credentials. In my book they are about as close as it comes in the Creationist movement to true liars.
  12. Meddling with things
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 01:10
    You believe in fairy tales!
    No siree! Fairies are among the things i don't belive in. Other things I disbelieve include the bogus deity the redneck god-botherers keep harping on about
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 01:351 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    True. Their mistakes are intentional. They simply got degrees for the credentials. In my book they are about as close as it comes in the Creationist movement to true liars.
    you have to read Bergman's "expose' " about Watchtower .... I read his other works and dont think he ever left it.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 03:00
    Bring it on, I have an open mind and I could do with a laugh
    Okay, how about answering my question for a start?
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '05 09:49
    Another website full of bullsh*t science. You really are incorrigible
    Shame. Back to the ol tac-tick of blabbering insluts if you cannot refute the argument... 😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree