1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 18:39
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's easy to take a beating when you are a sock puppet.
    It also helps if you are telling the truth. 😏
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 18:471 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It also helps if you are telling the truth. (idiot smugface removed)
    Is the concept of irony as unfamiliar to you as integrity evidently is?
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 19:28
    Science is meant to discover the truth no matter what field of study may cross
    over into it. If there is another field of study that conflicts with science, then
    it should be the duty of science to search out these conflicts and discover where
    the truth lies even if it concerns a belief that is considered religious. It has
    been done in the past. Why s ...[text shortened]... the discussion of the
    theory of evolution should be eliminated too, for it is only opinion. 😏
    “...Why should it stop now just because evolution is
    being called into question? ...”

evolution is not being called into question by anyone other than morons like yourself that shamelessly continually demonstrate total ignorance of evolution and of science in general.
    In this modern age of reason and science, only the most stupid and ignorant people in the world call evolution into question.
    Evolution is a proven scientific fact with a vast mountain of physical evidence proving it and all your stupid claims have been repeatedly debunked on these forums.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 12:10
    Originally posted by humy
    “...Why should it stop now just because evolution is
    being called into question? ...”

evolution is not being called into question by anyone other than morons like yourself that shamelessly continually demonstrate total ignorance of evolution and of science in general.
    In this modern age of reason and science, only the most stupid and ignorant people in th ...[text shortened]... al evidence proving it and all your stupid claims have been repeatedly debunked on these forums.
    I haven't seen one proof of evolution from a common ancestor. The scientists
    can't even decide on the common ancestor. Some even say it has probably
    gone extinct and we will never know. My guess is it never existeded in the first
    place to go extinct. 😏
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 12:43
    Some even say it has probably gone extinct and we will never know.
    This shows how ignorant you are of the very basic concepts. A life form goes extinct, when all its descendants are wiped out. Therefore, either there is no life on earth, or the common ancestor did not go extinct.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 14:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    This shows how ignorant you are of the very basic concepts. A life form goes extinct, when all its descendants are wiped out. Therefore, either there is no life on earth, or the common ancestor did not go extinct.
    Oh I have to disagree with this.

We talk of extinction in terms of species (you don't refer to the death of a member of a species as
    an extinction event, but to the entire species ceasing to exist)

Now an extinction of a species is when there are no longer any extant members of that species.

This might occur because the members of that species die off, Or because the entire population evolves into
    ancestor or daughter species leaving no remaining living members of the original species. (more likely a
    combination of both)

For example, dolphins and whales are descended from a dog like animal.

This dog like animal would have been a different species from that of any whales or dolphins.
    And is almost certainly a different species from any extant dog species around today.

Thus this dog like creature is extinct. And yet the whales and dolphins that descended from it still exist.

Similarly the species of ape that is the common ancestor of chimpanzees and humans no longer exists
    today, and is thus extinct. Yet we still exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 17:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I'll let you and googlefudge hash this out for I don't believe in evolution anyway. 😏
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 21:201 edit
    I haven't seen one proof of evolution from a common ancestor. The scientists
    can't even decide on the common ancestor. Some even say it has probably
    gone extinct and we will never know. My guess is it never existeded in the first
    place to go extinct. 😏
    “...I haven't seen one proof of evolution from a common ancestor. ...”

that could only be true if you are deaf and blind as well as stupid:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_descent

"….Cynognathus, a Eucynodont, one of a grouping of Therapsids ("mammal-like reptiles" ) that is ancestral to all modern mammals. ...”

“...The scientists can't even decide on the common ancestor. ...” -see above. -so that debunks that claim of yours for they all agree on that.

“...Some even say it has probably gone extinct and we will never know. ..”

it has gone extinct and we know (except those that don't want to know).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynognathus

“...My guess is it never existeded in the first place to go extinct ...”

your “guesses” are irrelevant. Science facts are what they are irrespective of your opinions.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 00:42
    “...I haven't seen one proof of evolution from a common ancestor. ...”

that could only be true if you are deaf and blind as well as stupid:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_descent

"….Cynognathus, a Eucynodont, one of a grouping of Therapsids ("mammal-like reptiles" ) that is ancestral to all modern mammals. ...”

“...The scientists ca ...[text shortened]... r “guesses” are irrelevant. Science facts are what they are irrespective of your opinions.
    After reading your links, I still see no proof of a common ancestor from which
    all life forms evolved. These articles are only pointing out certain data that
    may support their opinions (opinion is not science) on evolution. YECs can do
    that too.

http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-2-chapter-6-argument-common-design-points-to-common-ancestry

http://www.allaboutcreation.org/evidence-against-evolution-faq.htm
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 05:48
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Now an extinction of a species is when there are no longer any extant members of that species.

This might occur because the members of that species die off, Or because the entire population evolves into
    ancestor or daughter species leaving no remaining living members of the original species. (more likely a
    combination of both)
    I disagree. Wikipedia is actually not very clear on the point. But generally extinction suggests the dying out of a species, and does not include a species evolving into something else.
  11. Illinois
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 07:47
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Oh I have to disagree with this.

We talk of extinction in terms of species (you don't refer to the death of a member of a species as
    an extinction event, but to the entire species ceasing to exist)

This might occur because the members of that speci ...[text shortened]...
    today, and is thus extinct. Yet we still exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction
    I think twhitehead makes a good point. Every branch on the tree of life is a direct descendant of the common ancestor, regardless of speciation and extinction. All that life is and ever was, is now. Which means, in a certain sense, the common ancestor never went extinct.
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 17:55
    After reading your links, I still see no proof of a common ancestor from which
    all life forms evolved. These articles are only pointing out certain data that
    may support their opinions (opinion is not science) on evolution. YECs can do
    that too.

http://creation.com/refuting-evolution-2-chapter-6-argument-common-design-points-to-common-ancestry

http://www.allaboutcreation.org/evidence-against-evolution-faq.htm
    “...After reading your links, I still see no proof of a common ancestor from which
    all life forms evolved. ...”

they point to the evidence.

“...These articles are only pointing out certain data ...”

“certain data” = “evidence” in this case.

“...that may support their opinions ...”

an “opinion” that is supported by powerful evidence is not just an “opinion”. In this case, their “opinions” are that the facts that are plain to see are the facts.

As for your stupid religious propaganda links -they are never worth reading because, I know from experience, they are always full of crap.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 18:07
    “...After reading your links, I still see no proof of a common ancestor from which
    all life forms evolved. ...”

they point to the evidence.

“...These articles are only pointing out certain data ...”

“certain data” = “evidence” in this case.

“...that may support their opinions ...”

an “opinion” that is supported by powerful evidence is not just ...[text shortened]... nks -they are never worth reading because, I know from experience, they are always full of crap.
    If you claim to be a scientist, you must be one of those pseudo-scientists. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree