1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    24 Jul '12 13:26
    http://phys.org/news/2012-07-superfast-evolution-sea-stars.html
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    24 Jul '12 15:21
    Will scientists create cells in the laboratory?

    http://phys.org/news/2012-07-mechanisms-embryonic-stem-cells-cell.html
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    24 Jul '12 15:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2012-07-superfast-evolution-sea-stars.html
    Stem cells can be a cause of disease.

    http://phys.org/news/2012-07-dna.html
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    24 Jul '12 20:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Stem cells can be a cause of disease.

    http://phys.org/news/2012-07-dna.html
    What does the pathology of stem cells have to do with the evolution of sea stars?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    24 Jul '12 21:002 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What does the pathology of stem cells have to do with the evolution of sea stars?
    They are all learning how the DNA in the cells work and can be changed. 😏

    P.S. It is not really evolution at all.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    24 Jul '12 21:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They are all learning how the DNA in the cells work and can be changed. 😏

    P.S. It is not really evolution at all.
    Did you actually read the piece I posted?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    25 Jul '12 01:071 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Did you actually read the piece I posted?
    Yes. Here is the main point.

    "The researchers looked at the diversity in DNA sequences from sea stars of both species and estimated the length of time since the species diverged. The results show that the species separated about 6,000 to 22,000 years ago. That rules out some ways new species could evolve. For example, they clearly did not diverge slowly with genetic changes over a long period of time, but were isolated quickly."

    So this is clearly not evolution, because the theory of evolution requires slow genetic changes over a long period of time.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    25 Jul '12 01:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes. Here is the main point.

    "[b]The researchers looked at the diversity in DNA sequences from sea stars of both species and estimated the length of time since the species diverged. The results show that the species separated about 6,000 to 22,000 years ago. That rules out some ways new species could evolve. For example, they clearly did not diverge sl ...[text shortened]... ion, because the theory of evolution requires slow genetic changes over a long period of time.
    Evolution does not REQUIRE long time frames. It just happens that way more often than not.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    25 Jul '12 01:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Evolution does not REQUIRE long time frames. It just happens that way more often than not.
    There was only a little over 6,000 years for it to happen. That means it has to of happened in a few days or it never did happen. I vote for it never did happen.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    25 Jul '12 02:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There was only a little over 6,000 years for it to happen. That means it has to of happened in a few days or it never did happen. [b]I vote for it never did happen.[/b]
    So you think your god was looking at the sea star and deciding I think it needs to split into two species, wave of metaphorical hand and boing, new species?

    That doesn't seem a tiny bit odd?
  11. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    25 Jul '12 03:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There was only a little over 6,000 years for it to happen. That means it has to of happened in a few days or it never did happen. [b]I vote for it never did happen.[/b]
    fortunately, your vote doesn't determine reality.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    25 Jul '12 04:171 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you think your god was looking at the sea star and deciding I think it needs to split into two species, wave of metaphorical hand and boing, new species?

    That doesn't seem a tiny bit odd?
    No, God decided to make woman from a rib of a man. What could be odder than that?
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  13. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    25 Jul '12 05:53
    Wow, so the YECs are right aftert all!
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    25 Jul '12 10:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No, God decided to make woman from a rib of a man. What could be odder than that?
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    So your god is so detail minded it can decide to split the sea star species into two separate species, a pretty fine detail in the overall life situation on Earth so your god cares enough to do those nitty gritty details so is involved with Earth on an intimate basis.

    If that is so, then your god could care less about the fate of mankind since it is so nitty gritty with each life form, it could care less how many billions die in wars, famines, earthquakes, tornadoes, robberies, political pogroms and the like.

    Some god you have there. How can you worship such a god that doesn't give a rats asss about the fate of humans? Look at the plague a thousand years ago where 1/3 of the population of Europe died or more. Where was your god then? I guess too busy determining the fate of sea stars.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    25 Jul '12 11:233 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So your god is so detail minded it can decide to split the sea star species into two separate species, a pretty fine detail in the overall life situation on Earth so your god cares enough to do those nitty gritty details so is involved with Earth on an intimate basis.

    If that is so, then your god could care less about the fate of mankind since it is so n rope died or more. Where was your god then? I guess too busy determining the fate of sea stars.
    God's idea of what humans are and your idea seem different. Look at it this way. If your house was burning down, wouldn't you be more interested in saving your families lives than the house? You would probably want to save your family for you know the house can be rebuilt to replace it. But how easy would it be to replace your family?

    Our bodies to God are like house that our person lives in. Our person is referred to as our soul in the Holy Bible. Of course, you can also say our person is the combination of our immaterial mind and our material body. Many people believe, as you do, that when the material body dies that the immmaterial mind dies with it. So in that belief, our person dies with the body. However, the Holy Bible teaches that the body dies first and that is called the first death. Then there is a judgment time after this for the person (soul) as to what the person did while in the body. God can make a new house (body) for the person (soul) to live in and this is called the ressurection of the body. If it is judged that the person (soul) should be thrown into the lake of fire, that is called the second death.

    You value salvation of the body more than a house. God sees things differently and values salvation of the person (soul) more than the body.
Back to Top