Evolution happening in 6,000 years!:

Evolution happening in 6,000 years!:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Jul 12

http://phys.org/news/2012-07-superfast-evolution-sea-stars.html

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 12

Will scientists create cells in the laboratory?

http://phys.org/news/2012-07-mechanisms-embryonic-stem-cells-cell.html

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
http://phys.org/news/2012-07-superfast-evolution-sea-stars.html
Stem cells can be a cause of disease.

http://phys.org/news/2012-07-dna.html

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Jul 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Stem cells can be a cause of disease.

http://phys.org/news/2012-07-dna.html
What does the pathology of stem cells have to do with the evolution of sea stars?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 12
2 edits

What does the pathology of stem cells have to do with the evolution of sea stars?
They are all learning how the DNA in the cells work and can be changed. 😏

P.S. It is not really evolution at all.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Jul 12

They are all learning how the DNA in the cells work and can be changed. 😏

P.S. It is not really evolution at all.
Did you actually read the piece I posted?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 12
1 edit

Did you actually read the piece I posted?
Yes. Here is the main point.

"The researchers looked at the diversity in DNA sequences from sea stars of both species and estimated the length of time since the species diverged. The results show that the species separated about 6,000 to 22,000 years ago. That rules out some ways new species could evolve. For example, they clearly did not diverge slowly with genetic changes over a long period of time, but were isolated quickly."

So this is clearly not evolution, because the theory of evolution requires slow genetic changes over a long period of time.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jul 12

Yes. Here is the main point.

"[b]The researchers looked at the diversity in DNA sequences from sea stars of both species and estimated the length of time since the species diverged. The results show that the species separated about 6,000 to 22,000 years ago. That rules out some ways new species could evolve. For example, they clearly did not diverge sl ...[text shortened]... ion, because the theory of evolution requires slow genetic changes over a long period of time.
Evolution does not REQUIRE long time frames. It just happens that way more often than not.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 12

Evolution does not REQUIRE long time frames. It just happens that way more often than not.
There was only a little over 6,000 years for it to happen. That means it has to of happened in a few days or it never did happen. I vote for it never did happen.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jul 12

There was only a little over 6,000 years for it to happen. That means it has to of happened in a few days or it never did happen. [b]I vote for it never did happen.[/b]
So you think your god was looking at the sea star and deciding I think it needs to split into two species, wave of metaphorical hand and boing, new species?

That doesn't seem a tiny bit odd?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
25 Jul 12

There was only a little over 6,000 years for it to happen. That means it has to of happened in a few days or it never did happen. [b]I vote for it never did happen.[/b]
fortunately, your vote doesn't determine reality.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 12
1 edit

So you think your god was looking at the sea star and deciding I think it needs to split into two species, wave of metaphorical hand and boing, new species?

That doesn't seem a tiny bit odd?
No, God decided to make woman from a rib of a man. What could be odder than that?
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
25 Jul 12

Wow, so the YECs are right aftert all!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jul 12

No, God decided to make woman from a rib of a man. What could be odder than that?
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
So your god is so detail minded it can decide to split the sea star species into two separate species, a pretty fine detail in the overall life situation on Earth so your god cares enough to do those nitty gritty details so is involved with Earth on an intimate basis.

If that is so, then your god could care less about the fate of mankind since it is so nitty gritty with each life form, it could care less how many billions die in wars, famines, earthquakes, tornadoes, robberies, political pogroms and the like.

Some god you have there. How can you worship such a god that doesn't give a rats asss about the fate of humans? Look at the plague a thousand years ago where 1/3 of the population of Europe died or more. Where was your god then? I guess too busy determining the fate of sea stars.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 12
3 edits

So your god is so detail minded it can decide to split the sea star species into two separate species, a pretty fine detail in the overall life situation on Earth so your god cares enough to do those nitty gritty details so is involved with Earth on an intimate basis.

If that is so, then your god could care less about the fate of mankind since it is so n rope died or more. Where was your god then? I guess too busy determining the fate of sea stars.
God's idea of what humans are and your idea seem different. Look at it this way. If your house was burning down, wouldn't you be more interested in saving your families lives than the house? You would probably want to save your family for you know the house can be rebuilt to replace it. But how easy would it be to replace your family?

Our bodies to God are like house that our person lives in. Our person is referred to as our soul in the Holy Bible. Of course, you can also say our person is the combination of our immaterial mind and our material body. Many people believe, as you do, that when the material body dies that the immmaterial mind dies with it. So in that belief, our person dies with the body. However, the Holy Bible teaches that the body dies first and that is called the first death. Then there is a judgment time after this for the person (soul) as to what the person did while in the body. God can make a new house (body) for the person (soul) to live in and this is called the ressurection of the body. If it is judged that the person (soul) should be thrown into the lake of fire, that is called the second death.

You value salvation of the body more than a house. God sees things differently and values salvation of the person (soul) more than the body.