Evolution of pro-creation laws in USA:

Evolution of pro-creation laws in USA:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
It is not so much a question of what your beliefs on the matter are, but the fact that it is central to biology. If you are going to do biology in secondary school then evolution should be mentioned (and in fact be more than just mentioned).
In addition basic sciences should be part of every child education. (as well as the basics of most other major bra ...[text shortened]... to judge based on forum participation as they are not representative of the general population.
I would have thought that the forum parcipitators are reflective of greater (western) society from this self educatory standpoint.

And I do think it's important to correctly form a belief system.
The best way to understand anything is from your own narrative. And we all have our narrative. (I suspect you disagree on the importance of this)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Dec 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
You just figuring that out?
Even obvious proofs need documentation. 😀

Cape Town

Moves
20 Dec 15

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I would have thought that the forum parcipitators are reflective of greater (western) society from this self educatory standpoint.
I doubt it.

And I do think it's important to correctly form a belief system.
So do I, but that it irrelevant to what should be taught in school. What should be taught in science class in school should have nothing whatsoever to do with belief systems and be based solely on science. There are people on this forum (Kelly) who do not believe in relativity. But that should not stop relativity being taught in science class. Relativity is central to modern physics as is quantum mechanics which is something else that I am sure some forum participants do not believe in.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Dec 15

Why would your failure to get a basic education cause me to think I am a programmer? I think there is more wrong with you than just a deficient education.
At least I have common sense and a sense of humor. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Dec 15
1 edit

It is not so much a question of what your beliefs on the matter are, but the fact that it is central to biology. If you are going to do biology in secondary school then evolution should be mentioned (and in fact be more than just mentioned).
In addition basic sciences should be part of every child education. (as well as the basics of most other major bra ...[text shortened]... to judge based on forum participation as they are not representative of the general population.
The problem with the mentioning of evolution in science class is the fact that the theory of evolution is a belief, not real science.

I was taught Biology and disected frogs and worms and there was no need to mention the theory of evolution, which would just have been misleading and a waste of time in a Biology class. 😏

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Dec 15

I doubt it.

[b]And I do think it's important to correctly form a belief system.

So do I, but that it irrelevant to what should be taught in school. What should be taught in science class in school should have nothing whatsoever to do with belief systems and be based solely on science. There are people on this forum (Kelly) who do not believe in r ...[text shortened]... ntum mechanics which is something else that I am sure some forum participants do not believe in.[/b]
you cant be taught your own belief system, as to following others ... well its just fraught with danger.

And these chessians, numbering in their tens of thousands here at rhp would surely be close to western societial norms.
The muslims dont like to talk about their religion offline either