Evolution of pro-creation laws in USA:

Evolution of pro-creation laws in USA:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Dec 15

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-evolution-of-creationism-in-schools-20151217-story.html

Now we can track them scientifically, study the evolution of creationism laws!

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
18 Dec 15

Paradoxically as scientific knowledge increases it is discovering that there is nothing in the world over 4/5 thousand years old and this is fitting in with creationism.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Dec 15

Originally posted by Captain Strange
Paradoxically as scientific knowledge increases it is discovering that there is nothing in the world over 4/5 thousand years old and this is fitting in with creationism.
🙄

Cape Town

Moves
18 Dec 15

Originally posted by Captain Strange
At least be honest and say 'creationists would like it to be taught in school that science is discovering .......'.
Which school did you go to by the way?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
At least be honest and say 'creationists would like it to be taught in school that science is discovering .......'.
Which school did you go to by the way?
I was lucky to have grown up in a time when the theory of evolution was not forced on the public school system in Texas. In fact I never even heard of these nonsense theories during my 14 years of schooling in Texas.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I was lucky to have grown up in a time when the theory of evolution was not forced on the public school system in Texas. In fact I never even heard of these nonsense theories during my 14 years of schooling in Texas.
Ouch. Well that explains a lot. You do realise that your opinion that they are 'nonsense theories' is entirely due to your lack of a decent education? Sadly your state failed you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Dec 15
3 edits

Ouch. Well that explains a lot. You do realise that your opinion that they are 'nonsense theories' is entirely due to your lack of a decent education? Sadly your state failed you.
most education systems are failures, except to provide comprehensive learning in a specific field. It is rare for people to study 30 or 40 university compatible courses, just to learn about life and our place in the universe and such.

I didn't goto uni but I sat in on lectures and read heaps of books and texts varying from psychriactric nursing to geology, the major sciences and a bunch of other stuff. Not that much history,I'll admit . It took about 5 yrs. Just to educate myself.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Dec 15

They certainly did fail to propagandize us with nonsense masquerading as science. Maybe that is why I am . . .

The Near Genius 😏

Cape Town

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by karoly aczel
most education systems are failures, except to provide comprehensive learning in a specific field. It is rare for people to study 30 or 40 university compatible courses, just to learn about life and our place in the universe and such.
Evolution should be first heard about in secondary school science class and basic science should be compulsory for everyone.

I too am broadening my education now that the internet has made it easier to do so and am now learning much more in the humanities (my university education was pure sciences).

Cape Town

Moves
19 Dec 15

They certainly did fail to propagandize us with nonsense masquerading as science. Maybe that is why I am . . .

The Near Genius 😏
They failed to give you even a rudimentary education, that is why you foolishly think you are a Near Genius 😏

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Dec 15
1 edit

Evolution should be first heard about in secondary school science class and basic science should be compulsory for everyone.

I too am broadening my education now that the internet has made it easier to do so and am now learning much more in the humanities (my university education was pure sciences).
Indeed, I've heard you mention this before and I think it's a good point.
I'm only a novice when it comes to evolution, but I have no doubt to it's core validity.

Any idea why so few choose to educate themselves? You know, like cross referencing things and approaching material from a skeptical viewpoint

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Dec 15

They failed to give you even a rudimentary education, that is why you foolishly think you are a Near Genius 😏
Perhaps, that is why you foolishly think you are a programmer. 😏

Cape Town

Moves
19 Dec 15

Perhaps, that is why you foolishly think you are a programmer. 😏
Why would your failure to get a basic education cause me to think I am a programmer? I think there is more wrong with you than just a deficient education.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Indeed, I've heard you mention this before and I think it's a good point.
I'm only a novice when it comes to evolution, but I have no doubt to it's core validity.
It is not so much a question of what your beliefs on the matter are, but the fact that it is central to biology. If you are going to do biology in secondary school then evolution should be mentioned (and in fact be more than just mentioned).
In addition basic sciences should be part of every child education. (as well as the basics of most other major branches of learning.)

Any idea why so few choose to educate themselves? You know, like cross referencing things and approaching material from a skeptical viewpoint
I actually don't know what percentage of people are educating themselves now that education is free and easily accessible. I wouldn't like to judge based on forum participation as they are not representative of the general population.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Dec 15

Why would your failure to get a basic education cause me to think I am a programmer? I think there is more wrong with you than just a deficient education.
You just figuring that out?