1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '15 13:40
    Originally posted by Dasa
    That is such an mature thing to say.

It is the fabricated religion called Christianity that defends and partakes in animal cruelty and animal slaughter and animal eating // and with a 6000 yr old cosmos the people only have one life .........BUT ALL the inhabitants on earth are certainly not equal in terms of birth and intelligence and circumstances.......ye ...[text shortened]... burn in hell.

This absurd falsity found in Christianity is for foolish and dishonest people.
    Thanks for the compliment.
    Now go tell it all to divegeester. He will probably be glad to hear your propaganda. I am not interest in what you said in the last two paragraphs.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '15 05:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Thanks for the compliment.
    Now go tell it all to divegeester. He will probably be glad to hear your propaganda. I am not interest in what you said in the last two paragraphs.
    Are you aware that while you reject the Vedas ................you worship the game of chess which has its origin in the Vedas.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '15 06:581 edit
    Are you aware that while you reject the Vedas ................you worship the game of chess which has its origin in the Vedas.
    I do not worship chess, it is only a game that I use as a form of entertainment. And anyway the way we play chess today is somewhat different from ancient times.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    15 May '15 17:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not worship chess, it is only a game that I use as a form of entertainment. And anyway the way we play chess today is somewhat different from ancient times.
    Yeah, they didn't have computers back then.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 May '15 17:34
    Do you have any references to support that claim?
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '15 01:211 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Do you have any references to support that claim?
    Any references I submit come from the authority...............being the only authority on matters of spirituality in existence on this earth.

So unless you accept the Vedas as spiritual authority then references are useless to you and with respect I shall not waste my time.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '15 03:43
    Any references I submit come from the authority...............being the only authority on matters of spirituality in existence on this earth.

So unless you accept the Vedas as spiritual authority then references are useless to you and with respect I shall not waste my time.
    Interpretation:
    Dasa has no references from the vedas that support such a claim.

😏
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '15 09:021 edit

So, I take it you have nothing, since your response is nothing but dishonest evasion. I would not have to accept the Vedas as a spiritual authority for you to be able to present a reference, and the question I asked wasn't a 'spiritual matter' at all. You claimed chess has its origin in the Vedas. All you need to do is quote a relevant verse from the Vedas that mentions chess or its ancestor.

Did you understand my answers to your evolution questions in the OP? Do you have any further questions?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 May '15 03:42
    So, I take it you have nothing, since your response is nothing but dishonest evasion. I would not have to accept the Vedas as a spiritual authority for you to be able to present a reference, and the question I asked wasn't a 'spiritual matter' at all. You claimed chess has its origin in the Vedas. All you need to do is quote a relevant verse from the Veda ...[text shortened]... understand my answers to your evolution questions in the OP? Do you have any further questions?
    Why can't the following be true?
    For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

(Exodus 20:11 NASB)
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '15 08:21
    So, I take it you have nothing, since your response is nothing but dishonest evasion. I would not have to accept the Vedas as a spiritual authority for you to be able to present a reference, and the question I asked wasn't a 'spiritual matter' at all. You claimed chess has its origin in the Vedas. All you need to do is quote a relevant verse from the Veda ...[text shortened]... understand my answers to your evolution questions in the OP? Do you have any further questions?
    Imagine I had a dictionary and you did not..................

So you ring me up and ask me how to spell hippopotamus..........

But I only have a Websters Dictionary and ask you if you accept the authority of that dictionary.

You say YES..

So then I Spend my time to find the word in the dictionary and I then tell you the spelling .......confidante that you will accept the spelling without question.

Now.............I need you to accept the authority of the Vedas before I waste my time in finding the reference including verse and sentence and page number etc,................which is not an easy thing to do since I do not have the specific literature in my possession.

Make Note: I know that you do not accept Vedic Authority.........and that you never will.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 May '15 09:40
    Now.............I need you to accept the authority of the Vedas before I waste my time in finding the reference including verse and sentence and page number etc,................which is not an easy thing to do since I do not have the specific literature in my possession.

Make Note: I know that you do not accept Vedic Authority.........and that you never will.
    So, basically you've got nothing.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 May '15 15:48
    Imagine I had a dictionary and you did not..................

So you ring me up and ask me how to spell hippopotamus..........

But I only have a Websters Dictionary and ask you if you accept the authority of that dictionary.

You say YES..

So then I Spend my time to find the word in the dictionary and I then tell you the spelling .......confidante tha ...[text shortened]... on.

Why can't the following be true?
    For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

(Exodus 20:11 NASB)
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '15 20:13
    Evolution happens in the presence of life - by definition. Evolution would actually have started before what we typically call 'life' today. All evolution requires is self replication and variation - which happens in chemical structures smaller than what we define as 'life'. Today, we can see genes and virus' evolving even though we do not typically call ...[text shortened]... or desires. Your question is like asking: how does gravity know to keep your feet on the ground?
    So evolution is an UN-intelligent process that is responsible for Super intelligent creations.

Remember you are digging your own grave here...............by your speculations and fabrications.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 May '15 20:391 edit
    So evolution is an UN-intelligent process that is responsible for Super intelligent creations.
    Yes.

Remember you are digging your own grave here...............by your speculations and fabrications.
    No, I am not digging my own grave. And no, I am neither speculating nor fabricating. Evolution is science not religion and you can actually learn about it and understand it for yourself if you wish. You do not need to depend on anyone else's authority, nor will anyone demand that you believe in their authority before they tell you anything. The same applies to dictionaries. You can look up a word in a dictionary for yourself. You do not need to believe in its authority in order to look it up.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '15 02:544 edits
    Yes.

[b]Remember you are digging your own grave here...............by your speculations and fabrications.

No, I am not digging my own grave. And no, I am neither speculating nor fabricating. Evolution is science not religion and you can actually learn about it and understand it for yourself if you wish. You do not need to depend on anyone else's a ...[text shortened]... n a dictionary for yourself. You do not need to believe in its authority in order to look it up.[/b]
    I suppose, as a computer programmer and a cultured individual, that you have heard of the estimate of how many monkeys randomly typing on typewriters it would take to type out the Complete Works of Shakespeare in his lifetime.

Can you program a computer to calculate how many monkeys randomly typing one letter per second on typewriters it would take to type out the DNA instruction code for every different kind of animal and plant known to man given the monkeys have a million years to do it? Provide us with the answer then present your program to us here, so we can verify it.

Here is a reference to get you started:

http://www.blogos.org/thinkabout/infinite-monkey-theorem.html

Once that is done it should be simple to show that the program could be produced without your intelligence or the monkeys. This should make the atheists very happy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree