1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 00:51
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Hmmm. Last I looked he is not in the science forum, this is spirituality. Why not address your concerns there rather than here?
    I did.

This thread was posted by RJHinds in science.

I alerted the mods.

They moved it here.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 00:53
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    [b]LOL That's like standing in someones house and telling him to get out of your house.

I've actually known people who would say things like that... but not for very long. I usually move slowly (and deliberately) away from them until they can't see me, and then I'll run like my life depends on it. If you move too fast they might reali ...[text shortened]... at.

But seriously, you couldn't wait until he showed up at your house with that?[/b]
    Hi.

Learn more about how the forums work and you'll look less ... well like yourself frankly.

This thread started off in science. Hence my objection.

Seriously, learn to think before you post... Or you know... At all.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 03:30
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Hi.

Learn more about how the forums work and you'll look less ... well like yourself frankly.

Information Theory is part of Computer Science and you consider evolution Science and the study of DNA is in the Science of Biology. There was nothing that I listed that said anything about religion while this was in the Science Forum. The only reason you objected is becasue it did not go along completely with your fairy tale myth of evolution. It appears that if other scientists and engineers look at your fairy tale myth of evolution with skepticism, then you throw a tantrum and demand censorship. Apparently, this RHP site has moderators that don't understand what science is all about and don't understand freedom of thought and speech.

The Instructor
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 09:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Information Theory is part of Computer Science and you consider evolution Science and the study of DNA is in the Science of Biology. There was nothing that I listed that said anything about religion while this was in the Science Forum. The only reason you objected is becasue it did not go along completely with your fairy tale myth of evolution. It appears ...[text shortened]... hat science is all about and don't understand freedom of thought and speech.

The Instructor
    You thread is not censored.

Its here for all to see.

It's just not in the science forums...

Which is a pretty perfect metaphor for creationists attempts to get creationism taught
    in science classes and getting kicked out of those.

You are not being censored.

Just not taught in science classes.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 09:37
    You thread is not censored.

Its here for all to see.

It's just not in the science forums...

Which is a pretty perfect metaphor for creationists attempts to get creationism taught
    in science classes and getting kicked out of those.

You are not being censored.

Just not taught in science classes.
    Like I said before, everything I had posted concerned science and the subject was science and not religion. I never mentioned religion, creationism, or God before you made your objection. I am not sure what you said to the moderator, but apparently it was a lie.

The Instructor
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 09:47
    Like I said before, everything I had posted concerned science and the subject was science and not religion. I never mentioned religion, creationism, or God before you made your objection. I am not sure what you said to the moderator, but apparently it was a lie.

The Instructor
    Yes and you were lying before...

Either that or you are so deluded that you really can't tell the difference between
    science and your religion.

Either way, you do nothing in the science forum but spam links to other nuts and cranks
    like you that hate and try to suppress science. Particularly evolution.

The fact that you insist on calling evilution...

So no, nothing you posted has anything to do with science, and has everything to do with
    your ongoing efforts to turn everything into another pointless and unscientific creationism
    vs evolution debate.

If you want to do that then fine, do it in spirituality.

Although I doubt that your constant anti-evolution spam is any more welcome here than
    it is in science.

Just give it a rest already.
    We get you don't believe in evolution.
    But you have as much chance of convincing us its wrong as you have of convincing us the
    world is flat.

Ie none.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 17:131 edit
    Yes and you were lying before...

Either that or you are so deluded that you really can't tell the difference between
    science and your religion.

Either way, you do nothing in the science forum but spam links to other nuts and cranks
    like you that hate and try to suppress science. Particularly evolution.

The fact that you insist on calling e hance of convincing us its wrong as you have of convincing us the
    world is flat.

Ie none.
    I did not know that you were the spokesman for the Science Forum to decide what is science and what is something else. There are many definitions for evolution, so I use evilution to clarify the definiton I am referring to.

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 19:53
    Hi.

Uh huh. Well thanks for the clarification. So it starts off in your house, you alert the authorities and have him removed to his house, then you show up at his house to demand he stay of out of your house. I've occasionaly had neighbors like that... to know them is to avoid them.

By the way, your attitude about this a bit confusing... in this scenario was I supposed to be the nosey neighbor who gets into everyones business? I thought that was your thing.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 20:011 edit
    Uh huh. Well thanks for the clarification. So it starts off in your house, you alert the authorities and have him removed to his house, then you show up at his house to demand he stay of out of your house. I've occasionaly had neighbors like that... to know them is to avoid them.

By the way, your attitude about this a bit confusing... in this sc ...[text shortened]... posed to be the nosey neighbor who gets into everyones business? I thought that was your thing.
    It's more like someone started kicking a soccer ball around on a basketball court. Everyone is welcome to play either game, but they need to play in the right area.
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 20:09

By the way, your attitude about this a bit confusing... in this sc ...[text shortened]... posed to be the nosey neighbor who gets into everyones business? I thought that was your thing.
    The whole thread was moved here, including googlefudge's post saying that it ought to be here (which he posted when it was still in the Science Forum).

I suppose it would have been helped avoid any confusion if the mods had inserted a post when they moved it; I thought they used to do that, but maybe I'm wrong.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 20:171 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    It's more like someone started kicking a soccer ball around on a basketball court. Everyone is welcome to play either game, but they need to play in the right area.
    I agree. Evolution and information theory belong here in the Spirituality forum, not in the science forum. Everyone knows evolution is not a real science, it's only held up to be one to justify the spiritually corrupt non-beliefs of atheists.

Edit: This deserves clarification, because I wasn't just being a smartgluteusmaximus*. I am suggesting any controversial science such as evolution, which favors one particular religious/anti-religious aspect over another, probably has a better home here where both sides may discuss and argue over it, instead of it simply being safely ensconced in a forum where it can automatically enjoy freedom from any real (scientific) examination and criticism.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 20:391 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    The whole thread was moved here, including googlefudge's post saying that it ought to be here (which he posted when it was still in the Science Forum).

I suppose it would have been helped avoid any confusion if the mods had inserted a post when they moved it; I thought they used to do that, but maybe I'm wrong.
    The Moderator sent me a message with the subject: Thread moved to Spirituality. That's it. No comment explaining the reason. However, googlefudge told me that it was because he complained and apparently he is the judge of what is science.

The Instruuctor

P.S. Here is the message I received.

From

Forum Moderator

Date

Jul 28 2013 10:03

Subject

Thread move to Spirituality

Message has no content
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 20:482 edits
    I agree. Evolution and information theory belong here in the Spirituality forum, not in the science forum. Everyone knows evolution is not a real science, it's only held up to be one to justify the spiritually corrupt non-beliefs of atheists.

[b]Edit:
    This deserves clarification, because I wasn't just being a smartgluteusmaximus*. I am suggesting a ...[text shortened]... where it can automatically enjoy freedom from any real (scientific) examination and criticism.[/b]
    The problem with that is that evolution, including, evilution, is taught as science in the science textbooks. If it is an hypothesis or theory and not established as a scientific law, then there should be no reason that another hypothesis or theory, like Intellegent Design, should not be allowed to be taught. Neither one of these theories have been established as a scientific law that eliminates any other competing theory.

The Theory of Intelligent Design has been put forth by legitimate scientists in their field of science and not by theologians, so just because it opens the door to the possiblitity of a designer or creator which resembles that of a religious teaching does not mean that there is an attempt to teach religion in science. After all evolution, including evilution, is a scientific belief called a theory and not a law.

The Instructor
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 23:43
    The problem with that is that evolution, including, evilution, is taught as science in the science textbooks. If it is an hypothesis or theory and not established as a scientific law, then there should be no reason that another hypothesis or theory, like Intellegent Design, should not be allowed to be taught. Neither one of these theories have been estab ...[text shortened]... on, including evilution, is a scientific belief called a theory and not a law.

The Instructor
    Your Love, Intelligent design, has only a few nutter scientist behind it and practically nothing in the way of real science, only a bunch of you tube video's espousing opinions. On the other hand, there is evolution, which has almost 200 years of solid research and refutations by scientists who have had to fight tooth and nail for the results they actually found. ID has NOTHING like that.

What, a year or two of so-called ID, especially when we ALL know ID is just another word for creationism.

ID has NO science to back it up only opinions on youtube by creationist nutters like yourself.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 00:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Your Love, Intelligent design, has only a few nutter scientist behind it and practically nothing in the way of real science, only a bunch of you tube video's espousing opinions. On the other hand, there is evolution, which has almost 200 years of solid research and refutations by scientists who have had to fight tooth and nail for the results they actually ...[text shortened]...
    ID has NO science to back it up only opinions on youtube by creationist nutters like yourself.
    Creationism or Creation Science is focused on defending a particular reading of the Genesis account, usually including the creation of the earth by the Biblical God a few thousand years ago. The theory of intelligent design isn’t based on religious presuppositions but simply argues that an intelligent cause is the best explanation for certain features of the natural world.

The term “intelligent design” is more than 100 years old. Oxford scholar F.C.S. Schiller employed it in an 1897 essay, writing that “it will not be possible to rule out the supposition that the process of Evolution may be guided by an intelligent design.”

F.C. S. Schiller, “Darwinism and Design Argument,” in Schiller, Humanism: Philosophical Essays (New York: The Macmillan Co., 1903), 141. This particular essay was first published in the Contemporary Review in June 1897.

In By Design, a history of the current design controversy, journalist Larry Witham traces the roots of the contemporary intelligent design movement in biology to the 1950s and ’60s, and the movement itself to the 1970s.

Larry Witham, By Design (San Francisco: Encounter Books, 2003).

Biochemists were unraveling the secret of DNA and discovering that it was part of an elaborate information processing system that included nanotechnology of unparalleled sophistication. One of the first intellectuals to describe the significance of these discoveries was chemist and philosopher Michael Polanyi, who in 1967 argued that “machines are irreducible to physics and chemistry” and that “mechanistic structures of living beings appear to be likewise irreducible.”

Michael Polanyi, “Life transcending physics and chemistry,”Chemical and Engineering News, 45(35), 21 August 1967, pp. 54-66.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree