1. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 22:17
    Originally posted by big bern
    Of the scientists and engineers in the United States, only about 5% are creationists, according to a 1991 Gallup poll (Robinson 1995, Witham 1997). However, this number includes those working in fields not related to life origins (such as computer scientists, mechanical engineers, etc.). Taking into account only those working in the relevant fields of earth ...[text shortened]... be proud of them. You, my friend, are not related to a furry figure with big teeth. Big Bern.
    So this is our standard for science now?
    The less people that believe something the more likely it is?

Lots of scientists don't support ecolution because lots of scientists support evolution.
    Lots of scientists support evolution - because, despite your compelling evidence against it (not) - it is the most reasonable explanation for speciation that we currently have.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 22:47
    Originally posted by amannion
    So this is our standard for science now?
    The less people that believe something the more likely it is?

Lots of scientists don't support ecolution because lots of scientists support evolution.
    Lots of scientists support evolution - because, despite your compelling evidence against it (not) - it is the most reasonable explanation for speciation that we currently have.
    it is the most reasonable explanation for speciation that we currently have.

What speciation?

Well, if one has no God I guess any explanation will do. 😕
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 22:591 edit
    Of the scientists and engineers in the United States, only about 5% are creationists, according to a 1991 Gallup poll (Robinson 1995, Witham 1997). However, this number includes those working in fields not related to life origins (such as computer scientists, mechanical engineers, etc.). Taking into account only those working in the relevant fields of earth be proud of them. You, my friend, are not related to a furry figure with big teeth. Big Bern.
    Hitler had quite a few scientist on his side if I'm not mistaking... It was an easy thing for them though as most scientist don't believe in a God.
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:14
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Hitler had quite a few scientist on his side if I'm not mistaking... It was an easy thing for them though as most scientist don't believe in a God.
    More fun facts from g75! This is like watching a Letterman routine.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:17
    Originally posted by Badwater
    More fun facts from g75! This is like watching a Letterman routine.
    Still facts aren't they? 🙂
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:21
    No, that was opinion.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:34
    Originally posted by galveston75
    actually this is a very serious point, well worth expanding upon. Notice how the conscience can be so utterly overcome by another ideology, so as to excuse it to such an extent atrocities can be justified by it. In the case of Dr. Josef Mengele, Nazi SS officer who perpetrated horrific acts on children, he claimed that the world would thank him for his experiments. He really believed, because his conscience had been supplanted by another ideology, despite the fact that his actions inflicted horrific pain and suffering, the world would eventually laud his experiments.
  8. Joined
    19 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually this is a very serious point, well worth expanding upon. Notice how the conscience can be so utterly overcome by another ideology, so as to excuse it to such an extent atrocities can be justified by it. In the case of Dr. Josef Mengele, Nazi SS officer who perpetrated horrific acts on children, he claimed that the world would thank him for ...[text shortened]... actions inflicted horrific pain and suffering, the world would eventually laud his experiments.
    Again, In all seriousness, Robbie, that animals name or referance to him and or his horrific acts should never be mentioned nor intimated in any past future or present conversation that any of us have during our lifetimes.
  9. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]it is the most reasonable explanation for speciation that we currently have.

What speciation?

Well, if one has no God I guess any explanation will do. 😕[/b]
    And who needs to explain anything when god can do it all?
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:48
    actually this is a very serious point, well worth expanding upon. Notice how the conscience can be so utterly overcome by another ideology, so as to excuse it to such an extent atrocities can be justified by it. In the case of Dr. Josef Mengele, Nazi SS officer who perpetrated horrific acts on children, he claimed that the world would thank him for ...[text shortened]... actions inflicted horrific pain and suffering, the world would eventually laud his experiments.
    So you're going to lump all non-believing scientists - "most" scientists according to g75, although he provides no supporting data - with Mengele? Really?

I don't think so.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:53
    Originally posted by amannion
    And who needs to explain anything when god can do it all?
    Now you're catching on. 😲🙂
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:57
    Again, In all seriousness, Robbie, that animals name or referance to him and or his horrific acts should never be mentioned nor intimated in any past future or present conversation that any of us have during our lifetimes.
    i know my friend, the reality is more horrific than the fiction!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 23:592 edits
    Originally posted by Badwater
    So you're going to lump all non-believing scientists - "most" scientists according to g75, although he provides no supporting data - with Mengele? Really?

I don't think so.
    no no, please lets be clear, it was simply to illustrate how the conscience can be overcome to such an extent so as to justify horrific acts. its not really got anything to do with the way the thread had developed, nor other scientists, nor anything really, just a rather random observation.
  14. Joined
    19 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 00:13
    no no, please lets be clear, it was simply to illustrate how the conscience can be overcome to such an extent so as to justify horrific acts. its not really got anything to do with the way the thread had developed, nor other scientists, nor anything really, just a rather random observation.
    and please... let me be clear to you ... not intended at all in the negative .
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 00:22
    Ok, but I would hope you would see how someone might connect those particular dots based on what you were saying....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree