1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 May '12 11:141 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    no sir. the disdain is that you post the videos without showing that you have understood the material presented within and weather or not you are prepared to defend arguments brought up.
    I understood the video. And if I feel like it I will post other videos.
    If you don't want to watch them that's your business.

I not only understood Alvin Plantinga's talk there, I think he is correct in his argument.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '12 20:11
    Originally posted by jaywill

I not only understood Alvin Plantinga's talk there, I think he is correct in his argument.
    Good for you. I watched those videos and I liked them. HalleluYah !!!
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '12 20:28

j you have such an interesting, strong, opinionated take on your religion, i dont think you need these crappy videos you put up. i think they downgrade what you have to offer this site. id much rather hear your opinion than some dudes off youtube.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 May '12 14:18
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Well, when you put it that way, yeah. But is it really so hard to imagine how gradual improvement in the craftsmanship ability of humans could lead to something like the wheel?
    I believe the wheel was a quick invention out of need.

Manny
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 May '12 15:14
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    How long do you think it took from idea to implementation?
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 May '12 15:20
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    How long do you think it took from idea to implementation?
    How do you define wheel?

Is rolling your heavy load on logs class as a use of a wheel?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 May '12 15:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why not?
    Are you saying the Holy Bible is wrong just like the Atheists do?
    Do you no longer believe it is inspired of God?
    No it's not wrong or contradicting itself. Just read what it says, use your brain and figure it out. If you can't and stick to this wrong idea then your saying the Bible is wrong, not me.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '12 19:31
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    I believe the wheel was a play thing for the children at first and then other uses for it was discovered.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '12 19:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No it's not wrong or contradicting itself. Just read what it says, use your brain and figure it out. If you can't and stick to this wrong idea then your saying the Bible is wrong, not me.
    Okay, I understand. You decided to use the more complicated understanding of what day meant and not the obvious straight forward interpretaion of the word that most people see it to be.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 May '12 00:071 edit
    Okay, I understand. You decided to use the more complicated understanding of what day meant and not the obvious straight forward interpretaion of the word that most people see it to be.
    Do you not understand that the word "day" can have different meanings and can cover a longer period of time then 24 hours?

I'll post this here from your other thread in case you missed it.

A point that you are still missing and it's a really big one is what I quoted earlier on what Paul said and that is "we are still in the 7th day" which is God's rest day. (Heb 4:1-11)

Adam and Eve's creation was at the end of the 6th creative day. The 7th started right as that 6th day ended.
    Also, were Adam and Eve only on the earth for 24 hours after God created them? No of course not as the Bible clearly says Adam was by himself for an extended period of time to do many things, such as naming all the animals before Eve was ever created. Could Adam do that tremendous work in just a few hours??????
    So...if one were to really think this out logically, there is no way none of the creative days would be a 24 hour period. If that were true God's rest day would have been over more then 6 thousand years ago, but according to Paul, we are still in that 7th day.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    08 May '12 00:14

not discussing them is your prerogative. until i observe otherwise, i'll just have to conclude that you did not understand the material nor that you are qualified to represent the arguments.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 May '12 02:032 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    How do you define wheel?

Is rolling your heavy load on logs class as a use of a wheel?
    wheel
    noun
    1. a circular frame or disk arranged to revolve on an axis, as on or in vehicles or machinery.
    2. any machine, apparatus, instrument, etc., shaped like this or having a circular frame, disk, or revolving drum as an essential feature: a potter's wheel; roulette wheel; spinning wheel.
    So no, rolling stuff on logs is not using a wheel.

Edit: Maybe you could claim that the logs are some sort of revolving drum apparatus. But it still seems like a stretch. 😵
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 May '12 02:04
    Do you not understand that the word "day" can have different meanings and can cover a longer period of time then 24 hours?

I'll post this here from your other thread in case you missed it.

A point that you are still missing and it's a really big one is what I quoted earlier on what Paul said and that is "we are still in the 7th day" which is God's ...[text shortened]... er more then 6 thousand years ago, but according to Paul, we are still in that 7th day.
    I already answered this on another thread but I will copy and paste my answer here.

I do not see anywhere that it says we are still in the 7th day after creation. He is speaking of another day and not the actual 1st Sabbath rest day. He goes on to say the following:

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.

(Hebrews 4:8-9 NKJV)

There is another day in the future that the people of God will enter into rest with God. Don't forget what Christ said, after He was said to have not kept the Sabbath because He healed a sick man:

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”

(John 5:16-17 NKJV)
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 May '12 02:16
    I already answered this on another thread but I will copy and paste my answer here.

I do not see anywhere that it says we are still in the 7th day after creation. He is speaking of another day and not the actual 1st Sabbath rest day. He goes on to say the following:

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another ...[text shortened]... them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”

(John 5:16-17 NKJV)
    Well it's there even thogh I knew you wouldn't understand it.
    Anyway what about my other comment in that post that you seem to have convienently avoided or does that just not make sense either?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 May '12 02:39
    Well it's there even thogh I knew you wouldn't understand it.
    Anyway what about my other comment in that post that you seem to have convienently avoided or does that just not make sense either?
    That makes sense and is a good question that has been asked many times before. See if you like the following answer.

http://www.creationtips.com/adaminal.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree