1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 May '12 00:07
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    As has been said before man's progress is exponential. This is easily demonstrated by looking at computer advances over the last 20 years.

However although society/technology is evolving there is no reason to suppose that man is. (Although there is some interesting, inconclusive work being done in Sweden .... theres a thread in science forum I think). ...[text shortened]... control of our environment! (eg clothing, central-heating, water on tap, supermarkets for food)
    "According to Charles Darwin's famous theory, evolution happens faster in big populations.

"Harpending said the timing of the newly observed evolution acceleration coincides with explosive growth in human population, coupled with humans living in new environments and changing cultures.

"The biggest changes have come since the end of the last ice age, about 10,000 years ago, which opened up new environments for the quickly expanding human population to grow from millions to billions. "

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/071211-human-evolution_2.html
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '12 00:101 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Evolution in its classic sense teaches man evolved over millions of years. However so let's say this is true then all of a sudden in the last 5 to 7000 years we've suddenly starting building and farming and having written language and keeping track of time? Something does not add up. Why would it take millions of years to get to this point in our evolution? asking the questions is all.
    It's as if man got a kick start if evolution is true.

Manny
    maybe the aliens just left something subtler and more innocuos to guide mans evolution on this planet-maybe they just put a few magic plants here and there to aid mans evolution. lol.

Seriously though, I agree. There is something not quite "uncalculated" about mans existence on this planet.
    To suggest that some way way more powerful race may be "looking down" on us and guiding our evolution is not as out there as it would seem.

There is a reason they dont land on the white house lawn (I heard Suzianne mention this again in another thread). It takes an intelligent ('planet-concious'😉 person to realize why. Maybe in the future sometime but not yet ...
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 May '12 00:14
    Originally posted by jaywill
    All Christians will not be raptured at the same time.

The biggest shock should be to Christians who find themselves not having been taken up. And those left will be a majority.

And no, I have no guarantee that I will be taken up. I hope to be.
    wear your tin-foil hat. that will get their attention.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '12 00:151 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I am a Christian and I believe that certain aspects of evolution is true simply because it has been proven to be true. Creation [not the interpretation of creationists] and evolution are not mutually exclusive in my opinion, if creation is interpreted to broaden the timeline from 24hr periods.

In an case, the world has also developed disproportionately in the last 50 years as compared with the last 5000 years. Is there an explanation for that?
    I agree with your "not mutually exclusive" point.

I think the explanation for your question is that the last 50 years reflects mans super increased population explosion at the same time.
    All those new individuals creating a world that reflects them all perfectly.
    "We" are the answer is a shorter way of putting it, but sometimes people dont get that 🙂
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '12 00:19
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    A warning to atheist, when the raputre happens the new agers will say that aliens took the none believers, even thought the rapture is for all true Christians.
    Nope. I will know the difference.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '12 01:30
    I have a little question that I hope you think about before answering. When God said "let there be light", is it your interpretation that ... BOOM ! .. the sun appeared?

I ask because my interpretation is that it the creation of our sun by God would match the scientific explanation for the creation of suns in general all over the universe. Not sure what ...[text shortened]... opinion.

Im not debating !🙂 .. I dont like getting involved in these type of discussions.
    This is one of the most sensible posts I've ever read from you. Bravo.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '12 01:421 edit
    Evolution in its classic sense teaches man evolved over millions of years. However so let's say this is true then all of a sudden in the last 5 to 7000 years we've suddenly starting building and farming and having written language and keeping track of time? Something does not add up. Why would it take millions of years to get to this point in our evolution? asking the questions is all.
    It's as if man got a kick start if evolution is true.

Manny
    Once the brain of man evolved to bring about cohesive thought about the future and the ability to plan, our survival ability increased exponentially.

There are certain "thresholds" that, once crossed, accelerate our development manyfold.

Discovery of fire, domestication of animals, agriculture, invention of the wheel, shipbuilding, invention of gunpowder, discovery of microbes, long distance communication methods, flight including spaceflight, modern astronomy, invention of computers, development of the internet.

All of these have given an exponential boost to our development as a species, and allow our looking towards and achieving the next major milestone.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 May '12 01:481 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    wear your tin-foil hat. that will get their attention.
    a s o t l m n c b b g t a m
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '12 09:141 edit
    I have a little question that I hope you think about before answering. When God said "let there be light", is it your interpretation that ... BOOM ! .. the sun appeared?

I ask because my interpretation is that it the creation of our sun by God would match the scientific explanation for the creation of suns in general all over the universe. Not sure what ...[text shortened]... opinion.

Im not debating !🙂 .. I dont like getting involved in these type of discussions.
    When God said "let there be light", is it your interpretation that ... BOOM ! .. the sun appeared?

ANSWER: NO!

Light itself was created on the first day.

The sun, moon, and stars were not created until the fourth day.

These are sources that produce or reflect light, just like an electric light bulb. When we say turn on the light, we mean to switch the light switch to the on position so electricity can heat up the filaments wire inside so it glows with light. The light bulb is called the light, however, it is just something that produces light just like fire, a nuclear explosion, the sun, and the stars. The moon is a reflector of light, since it really does not produce light.

P.S. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord ! 😏
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '12 09:25
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Light / Creations Appear Gradually
    Moses wrote his account in Hebrew, and he wrote it from the perspective of a person standing on the surface of the earth. These two facts, combined with the knowledge that the universe existed before the beginning of the creative periods, or “days,” help to defuse much of the controversy surrounding the creation accou ...[text shortened]... e light was gradually let onto the surface of the earth to support life as it was being created.
    No. The Sun was not created until the fourth day. That is a 24 hour day and not a 1000 years or a billion years. God was not trying to deceive us, because that is the job of Satan the Devil. Even though time means little to God, it means a great deal to us. HalleluYah !!!
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 May '12 11:53
    Just asking the questions is all.
    Then why do you never listen to the answers?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 May '12 11:56
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    A warning to atheist, when the raputre happens the new agers will say that aliens took the none believers, even thought the rapture is for all true Christians.
    A warning to Christians. When the aliens come to take us atheists away the Christians will think it is the rapture!
    Hint: warnings to people who don't believe what you are warning them about are totally wasted. I suspect though that you are not actually trying to warn anyone, you just want to feel smug.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 May '12 20:562 edits
    Some people have voiced disdain at my posting links to Video.
    You Atheists should be flattered that I am seeking "back up" to such great atheist arguments you guys have by those more trained to take them on.

Prof Alvin Plantinga on says in essence - "You cannot be an Evolutionist and accept Naturalism".

Someone else entitled this video Evolution verses Atheism
    But I think it is better discribed as Evolution Verses Naturalism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=bufXyou5yhM
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 May '12 21:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Then why do you never listen to the answers?
    I do listen but some of the answers don't make sense. I honestly don't believe in aliens in the classic sense either. The answers don't add up is all. We were just plodding along for millions of years then one day some cave man scratched his head and said hummmm I think I need a wheel? Then in the last 6000 years we've exploded up to where we are today? I guess a theory on ancient man being more advanced that we think but the remains being destroyed but I just don't see it. Having children kind proves how fast we actually do advance however.

Manny

Manny
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 May '12 22:10
    Originally posted by JS357
    "According to Charles Darwin's famous theory, evolution happens faster in big populations.

"Harpending said the timing of the newly observed evolution acceleration coincides with explosive growth in human population, coupled with humans living in new environments and changing cultures.

"The biggest changes have come since the end of the last ice age, abo ...[text shortened]... illions. "

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/071211-human-evolution_2.html
    I was wrong you are right.
    The lactose tolerance gene is agood example of recent evolution.

What I was responding to was "in the last 5 to 7000 years we've suddenly starting building and farming and having written language and keeping track of time"

I dont think recent biological evolution is responsible for those developments. I dont believe we are smarter than our recent (10,000 years) ancestors.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree