Originally posted by AThousandYoung
[b]How on earth do you scientist types keep coming up with this claptrap.
By the process that gives scientists their name...science. You know, that thing that led to the computer you're typing on?
Where's the missing links in the fossil record?
That's a popular phrase among Creationists...but what does it mean? The question assume ...[text shortened]... d ideas that I am not aware of. What's a "link" and which of these "links" are missing?[/b]
sci·ence /ˈsaɪəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sahy-uhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences.
2. systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.
3. any of the branches of natural or physical science.
4. systematized knowledge in general.
5. knowledge, as of facts or principles; knowledge gained by systematic study.
6. a particular branch of knowledge.
7. skill, esp. reflecting a precise application of facts or principles; proficiency.
The operative word here is "facts".
All you "scientist" have here is theory and conjecture.