1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 01:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If I remember correctly the JWs have their fair share of Child Abuse and Homosexuality within their ranks .. we did have a long discussion on it some years ago. But its all kept hush-hush..
    Any group over a certain size is pretty much statistically guaranteed to include homosexuals.
    Particularly a group where people indoctrinate their children into it.

Also, once you get over a certain size of group (much larger though I would hope) you are also
    pretty much guaranteed to include people who abuse kids, the question is how does the group
    react when they get caught.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 01:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your difficulties in understanding or using the word "cult" is a matter for you.
    My point was it isn't a term that has a rigourus definition that allows you to say
    'right here is a list of criteria and if you meet them then you are a cult'.

It's more along the lines of 'I can't quite tell you, but I know it if I see it'.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 01:28
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Any group over a certain size is pretty much statistically guaranteed to include homosexuals.
    Particularly a group where people indoctrinate their children into it.

Also, once you get over a certain size of group (much larger though I would hope) you are also
    pretty much guaranteed to include people who abuse kids, the question is how does the group
    react when they get caught.
    I agree but the JWs on this site doubted that it was so.
    I found such information on the internet somewhere and they doubted its reliability.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 01:29
    My point was it isn't a term that has a rigourus definition that allows you to say

It's more along the lines of 'I can't quite tell you, but I know it if I see it'.
    No. I disagree. If you feel unable to understand what me and other posters here are referring to when we use the word "cult", perhaps you should not address us directly with pseudo-semantics but see if instead you can generate some genuine point of discussion that addresses itself to the OP.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 01:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't care in the slightest whether you believe me or not. I am not trying to convince you that your organization has characteristics that could plausibly be described as being those of a cult, I am simply letting you know why I myself believe that it may well be so.
    You can believe what you want and that's fine.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 01:30
    I agree but the JWs on this site doubted that it was so.
    I found such information on the internet somewhere and they doubted its reliability.
    Heh, well in fairness, while there is a lot of good information on the internet their is also an awful lot of bad.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 01:31
    If I remember correctly the JWs have their fair share of Child Abuse and Homosexuality within their ranks .. we did have a long discussion on it some years ago. But its all kept hush-hush..
    Yes that was discussed and it was pointless to convience you of anything.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 01:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You can believe what you want and that's fine.
    I believe that you have not addressed the OP and that your spamming and ad hominems have not and cannot disguise this fact. I do not need you to agree nor to give your consent to me to believe this. 🙂
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 01:33

There are some studies which have actually made a defining list of cult charactistics, so its pretty clear what is meant by the word 'cult'. Check it out.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 01:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I disagree. If you feel unable to understand what me and other posters here are referring to when we use the word "cult", perhaps you should not address us directly with pseudo-semantics but see if instead you can generate some genuine point of discussion that addresses itself to the OP.
    Ahem, would you like to reconsider telling me how to contribute to the discussion?
    Because I am pretty sure I get to decide that.

You are reading cranky this evening.

I don't necessarily disagree that JW's might be justifiably termed a cult.

I disagree that cult has a hard and fast definition that can be applied in a rigourus and indisputable manner.

I generally steer clear of the term because it is so vague and imprecise.

I prefer to simply state the specifics of what I think an organisation is doing that is wrong.
    Like covering up child abuse, or brainwashing people or whatever.
    Calling them a cult generally just leads to arguments over what you mean by the word cult.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 02:041 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I believe that you have not addressed the OP and that your spamming and ad hominems have not and cannot disguise this fact. I do not need you to agree nor to give your consent to me to believe this. 🙂
    I think I've addressed it clearly. My only responce is your welcome to visiit any Kingdom Hall in the world and see for yourself first hand instead of from some who did wrong and were no longer qualified to be there spiritually.
    The doors are always open with nothing to hide, then you will have the correct facts.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 02:22
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I think I've addressed it clearly. My only responce is your welcome to visiit any Kingdom Hall in the world and see for yourself first hand instead of from some who did wrong and were no longer qualified to be there spiritually.
    The doors are always open with nothing to hide, then you will have the facts correct.
    How does FMF visiting a Kingdom Hall show him that 30,000 are excommunicated every year, or help explain why JWs call those excomm 'mentally diseased'.

This thread was started becuase you people always claim to show love, in fact you claim to be the ONLY ONES TO SHOW LOVE, and nobody else apparently are capable of doing that.

Showing love to your 'brothers' in the JW faith ONLY is not the teaching of Christ.

Luke 6:32-37 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Very little of your faith is Christ-like. People make mistakes and you boot them out. I guarantee you, its the ones doing the booting out will have to answer to Christ. Those like you and Robbie who just condemn and blow your own trumpet all day long on this site how you are so good and so right and so loving and sooo everything.

I suspect its the JWs who have NOT been booted out are the ones with the mental disease ...
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 02:27
    How does FMF visiting a Kingdom Hall show him that 30,000 are excommunicated every year, or help explain why JWs call those excomm 'mentally diseased'.

This thread was started becuase you people always claim to show love, in fact you claim to be the ONLY ONES TO SHOW LOVE, and nobody else apparently are capable of doing that.

Showing love to your 'brot ...[text shortened]...
    I suspect its the JWs who have NOT been booted out are the ones with the mental disease ...
    Yawn........
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 02:28

Showing love to your 'brot ...[text shortened]...
    "I suspect its the JWs who have NOT been booted out are the ones with the mental disease ..."

ROFLMAO
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 02:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"I suspect its the JWs who have NOT been booted out are the ones with the mental disease ..."

ROFLMAO[/b]
    Yes I'm a real sicko so you'd better run for the hills.... 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree