1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 04:10
    Exercise your spirit to pray out to Jesus Christ.
    You have thought and thought and thought.

Now is the time for you to exercise a deeper organ - your human spirit.

Exercise your human spirit to draw forward to God.
    God is FAITHFUL.

Come into His courts with thanksgiving.
    Enter into His gates with praise.
    Exercise your spirit to reach out and touch Jesus Christ with your innermost being in honesty.

Sometimes the praying one does not know what words to use. To even GROAN "ABBA FATHER. ABBA FATHER" Holy Spirit will enter in and bear witness so that you have a deep intuitive sense that you are being heard by the heavenly Father.

"Moreover, in like manner the Spirit also joins in to help us in our weakness, for we do not know for what we should pray as is fitting, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

And He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to God." (Rom. 8:26,27)

This verse is about the exercise of our human spirit to groan, not having the words to utter what our thought is. But the Holy Spirit is crying out to the Father according to God, knowing what is deep within our hearts and what is deep within God too.

"O Father. O my Father. O ABBA Father." is a kind of groaning. It can be a real exercise of the spirit.

Here again - "And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father." (Gal. 4:6)

This is so much sweeter than wandering around in the wilderness of the fallen mind wondering if God exists or not. This is drawing close to the Father - intimately in reality. Abba is like Daddy. It is an intimate term of a close relationship.

This is not just "Does God exist? What argument proves that God exists?"

This is exercising the spirit with God's corresponding FAITHULNESS to respond.

God says - Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you.

James 4:8
    English Standard Version
    Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

New American Standard Bible
    Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

The redemption of Christ qualifies us to draw near to a holy and righteous God that God may in turn draw near to us.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 04:27
    Draw near to God and God will draw near to you.

In the OT - "Therefore say to them, Thus says Jehovah of hosts, Return to Me, declares Jehovah of hosts, and I will return to you, says Jehovah of hosts." (Zechariah 1:3)

If we have been long apart from the enjoyment of God's presence we can exercise our spirit in prayer to return to God under the redeeming blood of Christ.

Again, an OT passage - "From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My statutes and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you, says Jehovah of hosts. but you say, How shall we return? " (Malachi 3:6)

We can come to God or RETURN to God by the exercise of our spirit - our innermost praying organ.

It is connected to your mouth. And your mouth, by calling "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. Abba Father. Abba Father. O Lord, AMEN. Lord Jesus, I TURN my heart to You." you can draw near to God and have the living God draw near to you.

The Psalmist said that he loved God BECAUSE HE HE HAS HEARD MY VOICE.

[b]"I love Jehovah because He hears My voice, my supplicationsm Because He inclines His ear to me;

Therefore I will call upon Him all my days." (Psalm 116:1,2)

This is my own personal testimony. After philosophizing and arguing I made the wonderful discover. The Lord God HEARS my voice. He hears me our out my heart to Him.

Therefore I will CALL upon Him ... "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus, Lord I TURN my heart towards You Lord. O Lord Jesus!" as long as I live.

The Psalmist says that SALVATION is like a DRINK. Salvation everyday is like a DRINK in a cup. He called it the cup of salvation.

"What shall I return to Jehovah for all His benefits toward me? I will take up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of the Lord." (v. 12,13)

This is DRINKING salvation by CALLING on the name of the Lord.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 04:04
    The three parts of man relate to three different worlds in the universe:

The physical requires the physical body.
    The psychological requires the soul of man.
    The spiritual requires the spirit of man.

Because man is of three different parts, he is able to contact these three different realms. And ALL three parts are important to God's loving salvation of people -

"And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thess 5:23)

God loves ALL of you - spirit and soul and body. And there is a place in His salvation for you entire being - spirit and soul and body.

The physical world requires the outermost part of our being. In the physical world, with so many material things, the five senses of our physical body: hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, and feeling are exercised.

Then there is the spiritual world. Is it possible for us to contact the spiritual world by the five senses of our body? Of course not. The spiritual world can only be contacted by our spirit. In our spirit we have the spiritual sense by which we can sense God.

Inner to our physical being is our soul which interacts with the world of other minds and other personalities. Thus is the psychological world, a world which is neither physical nor spiritual.

IE. If I give you a large sum of money and you are very happy, this happiness belongs to neither to the physical or to the spiritual world. Happiness, joy, and even sorrow belong to the psychological world.

The English word psychology comes from the Greek word psyche translated as soul in the New Testament. Sometimes it is translated life (as in soul-life). Psychology simply means “the study of the soul.” So there is the psychological or soulish world. This is the world of our mind, emotion and will. This is the world in which there is sorrow and joy.

Man has been created in three parts—the spirit (Zech. 12:1), the soul (Jer. 38:16), and the body (Gen 2:7)—in order that he might contact three different worlds—the spiritual, the psychological, and the physical.

The innermost part of man - the human spirit was originally intended to also be the highest part of man. But in the fall the spirit became comatose, deadened and sunk underneath the soul with its mind, emotion and will.

And in some cases it is even sunk under the domination of the body.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 14:44
    You have a lot of time on your hands, don't you?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:03
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    You have a lot of time on your hands, don't you?
    Take for example the above statement. It shows the SOUL in action.

The soul has three functions - mind, emotion, and will.
    If you thing about it, everything action you set out to do involves the mind emotion, and will.

Great King Rat used his emotion to feel that he didn't like what I wrote.

Then Great King Rat used his mind to think up some comment to subtly express his dislike.

Then the he used his will to choose to write the words.

You can see that with practically everything I can think of we do as an action, we use our SOUL consisting of the functions of the mind, the emotion, and the will. But the order may not always be the same.

Whether I have lots of time on my hands or little, I use TIME for the accomplishing of God's will and purposes in me. Because I have learned important truths of life I INVEST time to share them with others.

My TIME is in the hands of God. I have become very aware of how precious TIME is.

The next post will get off the side issue of my time and go back to the need to exercise the innermost kernel of our being to touch God the Spirit.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:131 edit
    As written above the soul in three parts.

1.) The emotion (Deut. 14:26; S. S. 1:7; Matt. 26:38);
    By the emotion that we love, desire, hate, and have joy or sorrow.

2.) The mind (Josh. 23:14; Psa. 139:14; Prov. 19:2).
    In the mind we have thoughts, considerations, ideas, and concepts.

3.) The will (Job 7:15; 6:7; 1 Chron. 22:19),
    Through the will we make decisions.

So man's joy or sorrow is something of the emotion. Man's considerations or reason, is through exercising the mind. And when men and women make decisions to do certain things, the will is in operation.

The mind, the will, and the emotion, then, are the three parts of the soul. By the mind we think, by the will we choose, and by the emotions we like or dislike, love or hate.

Soon I will share how the human spirit ALSO has three functions.
    And these three functions are related to experience of God the Spirit.

There is a function in the human spirit of conscience.
    There is a function in the human spirit of intuition.
    There is a function in the human spirit of fellowship (or communion).

If you live neglecting your human spirit you are short changing one third of your humanity. If you neglect to use your spirit you are like a three dimensional being who is only living on two dimensions.

Yet you was created to function on three levels.
    You short change your own humanity when you neglect your human spirit.
    You are missing an important part of being a human being if you neglect your spirit.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:14
    Originally posted by sonship

If you thing about it, everything action you set out to do involves the mind emotion, and will.

Great King Rat used his [b]emotion
    to feel that he didn't like what I wrote.

Then Great King Rat used his mind to ...[text shortened]... e and go back to the need to exercise the innermost kernel of our being to touch God the Spirit.[/b]
    Why are will and emotion not part of the mind?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:23
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Why are will and emotion not part of the mind?
    That's a good question which will require some time to look into.
    I'll try to get back to you on that.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:27

Great King Rat used his [b]emotion
    to feel that he didn't like what I wrote.

Then Great King Rat used his mind to ...[text shortened]... e and go back to the need to exercise the innermost kernel of our being to touch God the Spirit.[/b]
    Great King Rat didn't actually read what sonship wrote, therefore Great King Rat has no idea whether or not he liked it 😉

Great King Rat was especially surprised by the sheer amount of text put in bold.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:35
    This is thread I should have written six years ago. I probably should have not waited to long to write this.

There is a part of our being that we can exercise in order to touch God and substantiate God. It is our "praying organ". It is a part of our being which is innermost.

Our human spirit can be reach out and touch God the Spirit and the two ...[text shortened]... ondition. And we have to learn to exercise our spirit again and again to contact God the Spirit.
    The same power that rose Jesus from the grave lives in all Christians!
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:38
    Great King Rat didn't actually [b]read what sonship wrote, therefore Great King Rat has no idea whether or not he liked it 😉

Great King Rat was especially surprised by the sheer amount of text put in bold.[/b]
    Oh, I see. Thanks.
    That does make sense.

Watch your time and use it wisely.
    Every tick of the clock is bringing you one second closer to meeting your Maker.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:47
    Oh, I see. Thanks.
    That does make sense.

Watch your time and use it wisely.
    Every tick of the clock is bringing you one second closer to meeting your Maker.
    I understand that that is what you believe. It gives you peace of mind. This way you don’t have to deal with the reality of it all, which is that in a few years time you’ll be dead and that will be end of that. Your (understandable) fear of the inevitable and your upbringing have made it so that you continue to live in denial.

I am not mocking you. I just pity you. You remind me of a deer staring into the headlights of a truck approaching. Unable to move.

Fear is a powerful drug.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:481 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The same power that rose Jesus from the grave lives in all Christians!
    The resurrection power of divine life is the same power that operates in everyone born of God.

True. And I wish you would repeat it and elaborate as you would.

Now this POWER can also be called - GRACE.
    That's right. This POWER that raised Christ from the dead is also to us called GRACE.

Now .... WHERE .... IS .... THIS .... GRACE ?

(Forgive me, I have so much time on my hands to discuss these marvelous truths).

WHERE IS THIS GRACE, THIS POWER?

This grace is WITH OUT HUMAN SPIRIT if we are a Christian.
    Now let's get everyone all convinced -

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Phil. 4:23)

See? The power, the grace, the energy of life which raised Jesus from the dead is in us Christians with our spirit.

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen." (Gal. 6:18)

See? The grace of divine life resides with the Christian in and with his regenerated spirit. So we have to learn to discern our spirit and walk in our spirit and exercise our spirit. For there is the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philemon 25)

The power that raised Jesus from the dead is with our innermost being, with our born of the Spirit human spirit.

Finally, again, the GRACE is with our spirit because the LORD Himself is with our spirit -

"The LORD be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (2 Timothy 4:22)

Grace is with our regenerated human spirit because the LORD HIMSELF in his form as "a life giving Spirit" ( 1 Cor. 15:45) is with our spirit.

We Christians are always trying to help other people to get the Lord Jesus Christ INTO their human spirit.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 16:222 edits
    I am going to assume you have not read through any of these posts.
    I may somehow try to incorporate my responses to the subject I discuss here.

I understand that that is what you believe.

I understand that we all have a rendezvous with ultimate truth. We all have a date coming with ultimate reality. There will be no exceptions.

You, me, and everyone else present has a date, the time of which is unknown to us specifically. But in that date we will come before God.

But this is wonderful. That is if you have entered into that Love and Redemption and Salvation He purchased for us on Calvary.

This thread is about the human spirit being exercised. You see to the one born again, that one has a FORETASTE of that encounter.

To the one born of God, that one has an APPETIZER in advance of the full meal to come.

Today we can enjoy a FORETASTE of our encounter and even eternity in fellowship with God.

The words that you have just read are TRUSTWORTHY.
    What you have just read is reliable.

It gives you peace of mind. This way you don’t have to deal with the reality of it all, which is that in a few years time you’ll be dead and that will be end of that.

Who told you that stuff?

LOL!! This reminds me a little bit of the comedian Dick Gregory who wisely said - "Reality is for people who can't cope with drugs."

Well, to borrow Dick Gregory's insight I would say - Jesus Christ is for people who can't cope with LIES."

Or they have found that they are tired of coping with Satan's deception. You know that Bible says the there is a spirit that has deceived the whole inhabited earth -

Now you may be a very smart guy. You may indeed be very intelligent. But buddy, I'm telling you. You cannot outsmart this being who has deceived the whole inhabited earth.

I would suggest that ONE and only ONE man has overcome the lies, the deception of Satan. That is the Son of God Jesus Christ. You better come into Him as you would into a bomb shelter.

The "ruler of this world" has NO GROUND, has not place, has nothing in Jesus Christ. This "ruler of the world" has plenty of ground in you and me. He has plenty of a base to operate and totally deceive you and me. But in Jesus Christ he has no ground.

New American Standard Bible
    "I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;

King James Bible
    Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Your (understandable) fear of the inevitable and your upbringing have made it so that you continue to live in denial.

What is all this stuff about "upbringing" ?

1.) Just because someone has an "upringing" which includes some truth doesn't mean it is not true.

2.) I turned my life over to Jesus Christ in full adulthood. Mommy and Daddy and no one else were with me on the night I said -

"Lord Jesus. Take me home. I'm tired. I'm so tired. Take me home Lord Jesus."

Now I have to attend to some matters.

I am not mocking you. I just pity you. You remind me of a deer staring into the headlights of a truck approaching. Unable to move.

Fear is a powerful drug.

Could you please tell me what was the DRUG that caused Jesus Christ to be born in Bethlehem according to a prophecy given at least five centuries prior that the the Divine Messiah would be born there?

What was that drug that caused that to happen?

I do like your analagies - A frightened DEER in the headlight of an ongoing vehicle. That's a good one Rat! That's rich!!

A disciple of Jesus is like a DEER on a dark highway scared stiff in the light of an approaching car. That's good !!

How about an unbeliever who has been in the dark so long that he's afraid of the light ? That's how I see some guys shifting around nervously at the words of the Gospel.

Now I have to return somewhat to my subject. We have an innermost being - a human spirit. And if we neglect to exercise our spirit we have shortchanged our own humanity.

I think at some times you realize that SOMETHING is missing deep within you.

Here Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit flowing our of our innermost being as "rivers of living water."

"Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying,

If anyone thirsts, let him come unto Me and drink. He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.

But this He said concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed nto Him were about to receive; for the Spirit was not yet, because Jesus had not yet been glorified." (John 7:37-39)

That innermost being there is the human spirit - the nucleus, the kernel of our spiritual being. That's where the unbeliever is "thirsty". That's where there is the sense of emptiness and lack.

It is the sense of the deadened spirit which causes a man to wonder - "Is this ALL there is to life?"
  15. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 22:17
    I am going to assume you have not read through any of these posts.
    I may somehow try to incorporate my responses to the subject I discuss here.

I understand that that is what you believe.

I understand that we all have a rendezvous with ultimate truth. We all have a date coming with ultimate reality. There will be no exceptions.

...[text shortened]... the sense of the deadened spirit which causes a man to wonder - "Is this ALL there is to life?"
    Actually, the question "is this all there is to life" motivates the enquiring mind to try and understand the Universe! Rather than leave it to some supernatural invention, which I must admit is a nice easy solution if you are into self deception.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree