1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 22:35
    Originally posted by OdBod
    And there is nothing wrong with trying to understand the universe.
    I see no instruction from God commanding us not to try to understand the universe.

In fact I think we are sometimes HELPED by God to understand the universe for His own timing and purpose.

But there is also God manifesting Himself to us to reveal the central WHY of the universe. And to really understand the universe we have to look away to the Son of God - Jesus Christ.

Here we have the central matter of the meaning of the universe - that God and man would be united as one.

If you really want to understand the WHY of the universe you have to exercise your spirit to be united with its Creator Who has come to us in the Person of Jesus Christ.

Regardless of how much we learn about the mechanics of how the cosmos work, we will not know WHY there is this creation and WHY we are here.

The prophet Zechariah says it nicely -

"The burden of the word of Jehovah concerning Israel. Thus declares Jehovah, who stretches forth the heavens and lays the foundation of the earth and forms the spirit of man within him." (Zech. 12:1)

The HEAVENS are for the EARTH.
    EARTH is for MAN.
    And MAN has the spirit formed in him so that MAN may contact God.

So the universe is for the earth.
    The earth is for man.
    And Man has a human spirit within him so that he may contact and contain God.

God stretched forth the universe.
    God laid the foundation of the earth.
    God formed the human spirit within man for a God to man, man to God fellowship, communion, and even life union.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree