1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 14:401 edit
    This is thread I should have written six years ago. I probably should have not waited to long to write this.

There is a part of our being that we can exercise in order to touch God and substantiate God. It is our "praying organ". It is a part of our being which is innermost.

Our human spirit can be reach out and touch God the Spirit and the two spirits can even become one -

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

Some readers will think I I will not be able to argue and argue about the existence of the human spirit.

Others will assume that by human spirit I must mean a human soul.

Others will be quick to say all kinds of religions say similar things and they are not all Christians.

These are three of the pushbacks I immediately expect will come. And I would not say that such objections do not have a point. However, just because they have a point doesn't mean we're not onto something true and real.

So we have something deeper than the mind, deeper than the emotion, deeper than the will. This (for lack of a better word) is our spiritual muscle or capacity to substantiate spiritual reality.

There is one other objection I expect. That is that man has no human spirit until the man is regenerated. Maybe it will not be necessary to be sidetracked into that debate.

I say everyone has a "praying organ" a nucleus or innermost kernel of his being - a human spirit. This human spirit is more subjective then the human soul with its mind, emotion and will.

We have to our spirit healed, regenerated, even brought back to life from its comatose and used condition. And we have to learn to exercise our spirit again and again to contact God the Spirit.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 15:101 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    This is thread I should have written six years ago. I probably should have not waited to long to write this.

There is a part of our being that we can exercise in order to touch God and substantiate God. It is our "praying organ". It is a part of our being which is innermost.

Our human spirit can be reach out and touch God the Spirit and the two ...[text shortened]... ondition. And we have to learn to exercise our spirit again and again to contact God the Spirit.
    more mysticism. You are a kick in the bum away from becoming a shaman, Jaywill.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 15:572 edits
    To begin this Hymn is for the Christians who have already experienced their spirit being born of the Holy Spirit (John 3:6) This is a song on exercising the regenerated human spirit for service and worship and fellowship.

Exercise the spirit
    ============

Exercise the spirit!
    All the forms forsake;
    Share with one another,
    Each of Christ partake.

Exercise the spirit!
    Natural sense renounce;
    Serve with one another,
    Christ the Lord announce.

Exercise the spirit!
    Soulish life deny;
    Helping one another,
    On the Lord rely.

Freed within the spirit
    From self-righteousness,
    From self-condemnation
    And self-consciousness.

Freed within the spirit
    From self will and pride,
    From self love and glory,
    All to override.

Exercise the spirit
    Victory to claim
    By the blood which cleanses
    And the mighty Name.

Exercise the spirit
    Thus to touch the Lord
    Ever by the spirit
    Take Him thru His Word.

It is by the spirit
    Christ is testified;
    It is by the spirit
    Man is satisfied.

Exercise the spirit!
    This is what we need!
    Exercise the spirit!
    May the Lord so lead!

[Hymn 866, Living Stream Ministry, Hymns]
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 15:591 edit
    To begin this Hymn is for the Christians who have already experienced their spirit being born of the Holy Spirit [b](John 3:6)

Exercise the spirit
    ============

Exercise the spirit!
    All the forms forsake"
    Share with one another,
    Each of Christ partake.

Exercise the spirit!
    Natural sense renounce;
    Serve with one another,
    C ...[text shortened]... ise the spirit!
    May the Lord so lead!

[b] [Hymn 866, Living Stream Ministry, Hymns]
    [/b]
    its like a Hindu mantra!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 16:18
    Man is created by God with three parts - the spirit, the soul, and the body.

First Thessalonians 5:23 - "And the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ."

God created man with a human spirit.
    God created man with a human soul.
    God created man with a human body.

The three parts of man were designed to contact three realms of existence
    The human spirit was created to touch spiritual reality.
    The human soul was created to contact psychological reality.
    The human body was created to contact physical reality.

Paul says at the second coming of Jesus Christ it is desirable that the Christian be preserved and "wholly" sanctified in ALL three components of her or his being.

"May the God of peace Himself sanctify you WHOLLY ... spirit and soul and body ..."

Robbie the resident Jehovah's Witness to play the part of the natural religious man who mocks spiritual things as Jude indicated:

" ... In the last days there will be mockers, going on according to their own lusts for ungodliness. These are those who make divisions, soulish, having no spirit." (Jude 18,19)

Men who have not expienced their regenerated human spirit are often those who "mock" these truths. When the Bible says they are soulish, having no spirit, it does not mean they do not have a human spirit. It means it is not being used or exercised in any practical way.

They might as well be without a human spirit because they live and act as "having no spirit".
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 16:321 edit
    Man is created by God with three parts - the spirit, the soul, and the body.

[b]First Thessalonians 5:23 - "And the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ."

God created man with a human spirit.
    God created man with a human sou ...[text shortened]... might as well be without a human spirit because they live and act as "having no spirit".[/b]
    yup, out comes the tambourine, the incense and the magic bells. Jaywill the mystic, shaman and Christian guru . . . .just repeat after me. God in me! God in me! God in me!
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 19:293 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yup, out comes the tambourine, the incense and the magic bells. Jaywill the mystic, shaman and Christian guru . . . .just repeat after me. God in me! God in me! God in me!
    Ha ha ... ha ha .... ha ha.

Nice ridicule. NOW let's bring you back to the Word of God.

Why should I NOT proclaim "God in me, God in me" ?

No one has beheld God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us and His love is perfected in us.

In this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, that He has given to us of His Spirit." (1 John 4:12,13)

Now put on you clown suite and "yuk, yuk" your way to ridicule this. The Apostle John speaks of those in whom God abides.

C'mon - "yuk, yuk. Hindu Mantra! Yuk, Yuk."

" ... And in this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He gave to us." (1 John 3:24)

Hinduism huh ?

Now WHERE does God abide in me ? He abides with my human spirit - "The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (2 Timothy 4:22)

Now THAT is interesting. THAT is, in fact, wonderful. The Lord is with my spirit. I'm sorry if the Lord is not with YOUR spirit robbie.

So Yuk it up now with as much jolly ridicule as you can. C'mon. Second Timothy 4:22 tells us Christians that the Lord is with our spirit.

If the Lord is not with your spirit or you don't even know that you have a spirit, then I understand why you mock us. You have no experience of such a matter.

Not only is God abiding in me as the Lord who is with my spirit. We corporately are a "dwelling place of God in spirit" (Eph. 2:22)

This is not Hinduism Robbie Jehovah's door knocker. This is the New Testament . God is seeking a corporate, collective, aggregate habitation of God in spirit.

"Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone.

In whom all the building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord.

In whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit." (Eph. 2:20-22)

We have God abiding in us who believe into Christ.
    And God's plan is to build us up into a living temple.
    You know what the temple of God is for?
    It is for GOD to be inside the temple.
    And we are being built up into a habitation of God (dwelling place) in spirit. That is in our regenerated human spirit.

They apparently didn't teach you this down at the Kingdom Hall.
    They were too busy trying to convince you that Christ is the angel Michael.
    And you want to yuk it up and tease me?
    Better look in your mirror and yuk it up.

Jehovah lives in us who have believed into Christ.

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We [Father and Son by means of the Holy Spirit] will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

The Triune God has come to make an abode in me. So says the Bible.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 19:33
    Ha ha ... ha ha .... ha ha.

Nice ridicule. NOW let's bring you back to the Word of God.

Why should I NOT proclaim "God in me, God in me" ?
    [quote]
    [b]No one has beheld God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us and His love is perfected in us.

In this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, that He has given to us of His Sp ...[text shortened]... h him." (John 14:23)

The Triune God has come to make an abode in me. So says the Bible.[/b]
    Hey Jay, waz up? wanna beer?
  9. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 19:40
    Talking of booze, any kind of spirit excise is a bad thing! 😵
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 19:47
    "Lord Jesus, show me if I have a human spirit. Lord Jesus show me if I need to exercise my spirit."

That would be a good prayer for anyone wanting to know about their spirit.

In fact this would be good also - "Lord Jesus, Come into my spirit. Lord Jesus my spirit. Lord my spirit thirsts for God. My innermost being thirsts for God. Lord come to my spirit. Lord I PRESENT my spirit to you."

Oh, how crucial the human spirit is to the enjoyment of God.

To the man born of God, the grace of the Lord is where? It is with his spirit -

" The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spiritr, brothers. Amen." (Galatians 6:18)

Those are not just pretty sounding words. We should CRY OUT - "Lord Jesus I want Your grace, Lord, to be with my spirit !!

That would be a good exercised prayer of the human spirit.

Where now is the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ in the believer? The grace is where the Lord is too - with his spirit.

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Phil. 4:23)

"Lord Jesus. Jehovah God, Jehovah Lord. I want YOUR GRACE to be with MY SPIRIT."

Grace, generally defined, is God ENJOYED. Grace is God being TO us for our enjoyment. His grace and He Himself want to be WITH the innermost human spirit of the God seeker. Then the Lord be with your spirit and the grace of the Lord is with your spirit.

Amen.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 19:50
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Talking of booze, any kind of spirit excise is a bad thing! 😵
    OdBod,

Your spirit is thirsting for God. I know it is.
    Why don't you close the door in privacy and cry out -

"Lord Jesus, Lord MY SPIRIT. MY SPIRIT THIRSTS FOR THE LIVING GOD. Lord Jesus COME INTO MY SPIRIT LORD."
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '15 21:52
    "Lord Jesus, show me if I have a human spirit. Lord Jesus show me if I need to exercise my spirit."

That would be a good prayer for anyone wanting to know about their spirit.

In fact this would be good also - [b]"Lord Jesus, Come into my spirit. Lord Jesus my spirit. Lord my spirit thirsts for God. My innermost being thirsts for God. Lord come to my ...[text shortened]... ker. Then the Lord be with your spirit and the grace of the Lord is with your spirit.

Amen.
    Perhaps its better if you don't have a beer Jay.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 03:13
    The way the saved person initially received Jesus Christ is related to the way in which that person should CONTINUE to walk in that reality.

“As therefore you have received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, walk in Him” (Col. 2:6).

You can receiving the available Christ the Spirit with faith and the exercise of your human spirit through prayer. These words are reliable and trustworthy.

Confession from deep within and reaching out in honest prayer and calling on the name of the Lord Jesus, the human spirit is exercised to touch God. Then we have to continue, continue in the same way to "walk in Him".

We are no use to living by exercising the innermost human spirit. So the saved person needs to continue to practice. This is like a Salmon learning to swim upstream. That is because the entire world culture is strong current down and away from God.

To live by exercising the spirit is definitely an upstream swimming against the current of the whole world. But Christ within is strong. And He has assured us to fear not because He has overcome the world.

"These things I have spoken to you that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have affliction, but take courage, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

And when we receive Christ - the "life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45) into our human spirit, Christ is in us. And the word of God assures us that the One within us is greater than the world and the world's ruler Satan.

"You are of God, little children; and you have overcome them because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world." (1 John 4:4)
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 03:271 edit
    Being born again in the human spirit is a very wonderful experience.
    The small s human spirit is born again or resurrected from its damaged and comatose state by the big S Holy Spirit.

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit" (John 3:6)

When the big "S" Spirit comes into the small "s" human spirit, a second birth takes place. A new dimension is added to the human being. And from then on the big "S" Spirit bears witness with the small "s" human spirit that an organic relationship with God has been accomplished forever.

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God." (Romans 8:16)

But this first bearing witness that God is not our Daddy, our Father and we God's child is only the beginning. This is a foretaste of the riches of Jesus Christ in store for us for our whole life. This is an appetizer of an enjoyment which will deepen and last for all eternity.

It will eventually SWALLOW the saved believer up entirely - spirit and soul and body, in the divine eternal life.

" ... that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life." ( 2 Cor. 5:4b)

Whenever we exercise our spirit with the Holy Spirit within it, this swallowing up is minutely progressing from within. From the center to the circumference we can cooperate with the life giving Spirit - Christ in resurrection, spreading into our being.

Many Christians desire to experience all that Christ is and live by Him in all things. We have to learn the key to experiencing Christ to walk step by step in Him - our human spirit where Christ comes to be one with the Christian -

"He who is JOINED to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

"The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (2 Tim. 4:22)

If we learn to exercise our regenerated spirit we can embark on Paul's experience leading him to teach --- “Christ our life” (Col. 3:4).
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 03:451 edit
    We can exercise our spirit by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus.

"O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus I LOVE You."

Whether you are saved yet or about to be saved, to call on the name of the Lord Jesus with the sincere heart's intention to touch Jesus Christ is "swimming against the current" of this entire world culture.

You are exercising a part of your being that the world never taught you or encouraged you to exercise.

If you call out loudly "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus. Lord I TURN to You" your are reversing your direction. The direction you have gone your whole life is downstream with the torrent of the fallen world away from God.

Now you call "O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus wash me in Your precious blood from all my sins." For sure you exercise faith. And God responds with His FAITHFULNESS .

If God is not faithful then all our faith means nothing. Our faith means something because God is FAITHFUL . And He is RICH to all who call upon Him.

"For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him;

For 'whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved' ". (Romans 10:12,13)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree