1. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    03 Mar '20 20:18
    ( noit christian, but i might give an insight )

the idea of a god with three ways.

there is the ocean. it is made of ocean water.

the wave breaks out of the sea. this is the christ breaking out of the god ocean, now seperate but not
    different than the sea.

the tide rolls into the beach.

the tide is the holy spirit. not seperate in nature but seperate in method.

ocean, wave and tide.

simple.

but not true.

there is a creative force in the world but it is not the small god that humans have thought of.

there is no allah, there is no god, there is no sky spirit...there is but that which exist in the far country to which we humans are unable to vision or to visit in human form.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '20 21:24
    @mister-moggy said

the wave breaks out of the sea. this is the christ breaking out of the god ocean, now seperate but not
    different than the sea.

the tide is the holy spirit. not seperate in nature but sepera ...[text shortened]... at which exist in the far country to which we humans are unable to vision or to visit in human form.
    This is a terrible explanation of a flawed doctrine.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Mar '20 21:45
    @mister-moggy said

different than the sea.

the tide is the holy spirit. not seperate in nature but sepera ...[text shortened]... at which exist in the far country to which we humans are unable to vision or to visit in human form.
    Wait, am I a pebble or a starfish?

I'm so confused.
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    04 Mar '20 09:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

I'm so confused.
    Yet maybe it is through confusion that a starfish can be a pebble.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Mar '20 10:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

I'm so confused.
    Your're a shark!
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Mar '20 23:45
    How Is the Trinity Explained?

THE Roman Catholic Church states: “The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of the Christian religion . . . Thus, in the words of the Athanasian Creed: ‘the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God.’ In this Trinity . . . the Persons are co-eternal and co-equal: all alike are uncreated and omnipotent.”—The Catholic Encyclopedia.

Nearly all other churches in Christendom agree. For example, the Greek Orthodox Church also calls the Trinity “the fundamental doctrine of Christianity,” even saying: “Christians are those who accept Christ as God.” In the book Our Orthodox Christian Faith, the same church declares: “God is triune. . . . The Father is totally God. The Son is totally God. The Holy Spirit is totally God.”

Thus, the Trinity is considered to be “one God in three Persons.” Each is said to be without beginning, having existed for eternity. Each is said to be almighty, with each neither greater nor lesser than the others.

Is such reasoning hard to follow? Many sincere believers have found it to be confusing, contrary to normal reason, unlike anything in their experience. How, they ask, could the Father be God, Jesus be God, and the holy spirit be God, yet there be not three Gods but only one God?

“Beyond the Grasp of Human Reason”

This confusion is widespread. The Encyclopedia Americana notes that the doctrine of the Trinity is considered to be “beyond the grasp of human reason.”

Many who accept the Trinity view it that same way. Monsignor Eugene Clark says: “God is one, and God is three. Since there is nothing like this in creation, we cannot understand it, but only accept it.” Cardinal John O’Connor states: “We know that it is a very profound mystery, which we don’t begin to understand.” And Pope John Paul II speaks of “the inscrutable mystery of God the Trinity.”

Thus, A Dictionary of Religious Knowledge says: “Precisely what that doctrine is, or rather precisely how it is to be explained, Trinitarians are not agreed among themselves.”
    We can understand, then, why the New Catholic Encyclopedia observes: “There are few teachers of Trinitarian theology in Roman Catholic seminaries who have not been badgered at one time or another by the question, ‘But how does one preach the Trinity?’ And if the question is symptomatic of confusion on the part of the students, perhaps it is no less symptomatic of similar confusion on the part of their professors.”

The truth of that observation can be verified by going to a library and examining books that support the Trinity. Countless pages have been written attempting to explain it. Yet, after struggling through the labyrinth of confusing theological terms and explanations, investigators still come away unsatisfied.

In this regard, Jesuit Joseph Bracken observes in his book What Are They Saying About the Trinity?: “Priests who with considerable effort learned . . . the Trinity during their seminary years naturally hesitated to present it to their people from the pulpit, even on Trinity Sunday. . . . Why should one bore people with something that in the end they wouldn’t properly understand anyway?” He also says: “The Trinity is a matter of formal belief, but it has little or no [effect] in day-to-day Christian life and worship.” Yet, it is “the central doctrine” of the churches!

Catholic theologian Hans Küng observes in his book Christianity and the World Religions that the Trinity is one reason why the churches have been unable to make any significant headway with non-Christian peoples. He states: “Even well-informed Muslims simply cannot follow, as the Jews thus far have likewise failed to grasp, the idea of the Trinity. . . . The distinctions made by the doctrine of the Trinity between one God and three hypostases do not satisfy Muslims, who are confused, rather than enlightened, by theological terms derived from Syriac, Greek, and Latin. Muslims find it all a word game. . . . Why should anyone want to add anything to the notion of God’s oneness and uniqueness that can only dilute or nullify that oneness and uniqueness?”

“Not a God of Confusion”

How could such a confusing doctrine originate? The Catholic Encyclopedia claims: “A dogma so mysterious presupposes a Divine revelation.” Catholic scholars Karl Rahner and Herbert Vorgrimler state in their Theological Dictionary: “The Trinity is a mystery . . . in the strict sense . . . , which could not be known without revelation, and even after revelation cannot become wholly intelligible.”

However, contending that since the Trinity is such a confusing mystery, it must have come from divine revelation creates another major problem. Why? Because divine revelation itself does not allow for such a view of God: “God is not a God of confusion.”—1 Corinthians 14:33, Revised Standard Version (RS).

In view of that statement, would God be responsible for a doctrine about himself that is so confusing that even Hebrew, Greek, and Latin scholars cannot really explain it?

Furthermore, do people have to be theologians ‘to know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent’? (John 17:3, JB) If that were the case, why did so few of the educated Jewish religious leaders recognize Jesus as the Messiah? His faithful disciples were, instead, humble farmers, fishermen, tax collectors, housewives. Those common people were so certain of what Jesus taught about God that they could teach it to others and were even willing to die for their belief.—Matthew 15:1-9; 21:23-32, 43; 23:13-36; John 7:45-49; Acts 4:13. WTS

Satan uses confusion to the extreme. He knows that most humans can't be lied to outright and tricked. But he is the master of confusion and so many have been confused by this trinity dogma that they can't even explain it themselves but for reasons unknown still hang onto this belief.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '20 00:22
    Plagiarized?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Mar '20 01:032 edits
    @fmf said
    Plagiarized?
    Only the last paragraph is mine if you'd pay attention... Perhaps you could contribute to the thread?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '20 01:191 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Only the last paragraph is mine if you'd pay attention.
    So only the last paragraph ISN'T plagiarized, that's what you are saying?

Plagiarism is an issue of integrity.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '20 11:27
    @galveston75 said
    Only the last paragraph is mine if you'd pay attention... Perhaps you could contribute to the thread?
    Your habit of copy pasting the intellectual work of other writers without crediting them or the source, does you and your religion no favours.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Mar '20 07:21
    @divegeester said
    Your habit of copy pasting the intellectual work of other writers without crediting them or the source, does you and your religion no favours.
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( WTS )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Plain and clear at the end of the post of what I quoted.
    Now are you going to say you don't know who the WTS is?
    You and FMF are spiritual idiots with no real interest on anything here that has real spiritual importance or truth.
  12. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    06 Mar '20 07:41
    the simple metaphor i posted was lost on those with an agenda.

pythagoras taught with a curtain between himself and his students.

between myself and you, there is a brick wall.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Mar '20 08:29
    @mister-moggy said

between myself and you, there is a brick wall.
    That's reassuring to hear.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '20 09:03
    @galveston75 said
    Now are you going to say you don't know who the WTS is?
    If you don't attribute what you post properly, then you are effectively passing off writing as your own, and passing writing off as your own is plagiarism, and plagiarizing - something you've been doing over and over and over again here for years and years, despite being called out for it repeatedly - is low-integrity.
  15. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    06 Mar '20 09:59
    WTF is WTS?

Seriously

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree