1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 14:01
    Faith in GOD is a gift, some have it some do not. Please don't try to use logic, mathematics, science or some other source of reasoning in our finite little existence here on planet earth to try to prove or disprove it, it won't work.

If you want to jump into anaylsis, try working on your endgames, or grab an old Informant and play through some lines of your chosen opening. 🙂
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 14:09
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Faith in GOD is a gift, some have it some do not. Please don't try to use logic, mathematics, science or some other source of reasoning in our finite little existence here on planet earth to try to prove or disprove it, it won't work.

If you want to jump into anaylsis, try working on your endgames, or grab an old Informant and play through some lines of your chosen opening. 🙂
    The question is who you have faith in. False teachings abound pretending to be the truth.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 14:09
    So we just have to take your word for it?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 14:13
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    So we just have to take your word for it?
    You can take Jesus' word for it.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 14:20
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You can take Jesus' word for it.
    I have no believe in the existence of Jesus or God :/
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 14:27
    I have no believe in the existence of Jesus or God :/
    No problem. I was just explaining why it wasn't just my word on it.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 14:49
    No problem. I was just explaining why it wasn't just my word on it.
    Well, see, it is a bit of a problem. How can I have faith (in Jesus) by "taking his word for it" if I have no believe he ever existed?

You must see the difficulty here, no?

For mchill, what do you mean when you say "faith"?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 14:55
    Well, see, it is a bit of a problem. How can I have faith (in Jesus) by "taking his word for it" if I have no believe he ever existed?

You must see the difficulty here, no?

For mchill, what do you mean when you say "faith"?
    Your problem is with math.

You asked why you should believe one person.

I simply pointed out that two people make the claim.

I was not saying you should believe either of us.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 15:151 edit
    Your problem is with math.

You asked why you should believe one person.

I simply pointed out that two people make the claim.

I was not saying you should believe either of us.
    Wut?

My problem is with math? Honestly don't know what you are trying to say here.

First you tell me I can take Jesus' word for it, then you explain that what you meant by that is that I shouldn't take YOUR for word it, then you tell me it has something to do with math (thereby contradicting mchill).

What even are you saying, Eladar? Are you being vague on purpose because you actually have no clue what you're trying to communicate?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 15:18
    Wut?

My problem is with math? Honestly don't know what you are trying to say here.

First you tell me I can take Jesus' word for it, then you explain that what you meant by that is that I shouldn't take YOUR for word it, then you tell me it has something to do with math (thereby contradicting mchill).

What even are you saying, Eladar? Are you being vague on purpose because you actually have no clue what you're trying to communicate?
    You said you could not just take my word for it. I gave you another option.

Sorry if you made the faulty assumption that I claimed you needed to believe Jesus.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 15:29
    You said you could not just take my word for it. I gave you another option.

Sorry if you made the faulty assumption that I claimed you needed to believe Jesus.
    Actually, I responded to mchill, but as I posted my question your post had appeared.

My confusion remains though. How can on "take Jesus' word for it" if one doesn't believe Jesus ever existed?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 15:32
    Actually, I responded to mchill, but as I posted my question your post had appeared.

My confusion remains though. How can on "take Jesus' word for it" if one doesn't believe Jesus ever existed?
    Does your belief of existence determine if a person did exist?
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 15:45
    Does your belief of existence determine if a person did exist?
    Kindly don't answer a question with a question.

My question was straight forward. If you don't know the answer, just say so.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 15:59
    Kindly don't answer a question with a question.

My question was straight forward. If you don't know the answer, just say so.
    As I said, your question is based on a faulty assumption.

So your question is invalid if you are following up on my statement. I have clarified what I meant, I have no desire to follow the rabbit trail based on a faulty assumption.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 16:09
    The question is who you have faith in. False teachings abound pretending to be the truth.
    You can only have faith in yourself. Humans telling you about god, forget it, since they know zero about gods and whatever gods there are are keeping mum so you are on your own.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree