1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 05:17
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Acvording to Jesus, his truth os rejected by most.
    How many Christians are there is the world?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 05:19
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Very well, then why not write:

Atheists put their complete trust and confidence in science. Do you agree or disagree?
    Yes which would mean exactly the same as 'Atheists put their faith in science'. Agree?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 05:46
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Yes which would mean exactly the same as 'Atheists put their faith in science'. Agree?
    I stated earlier in the thread what I thought faith was, why are you asking me again.

So will you rewrite your question to me using your chosen definition of faith or not?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 05:481 edit
    I stated earlier in the thread what I thought faith was, why are you asking me again.

So will you rewrite your question to me using your chosen definition of faith or not?
    I clarified what I meant by 'faith' by giving you a dictionary definition. Do you reject the definition I gave you? If not what is still unclear about the question?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 05:561 edit
    I clarified what I meant by 'faith' by giving you a dictionary definition. Do you reject the definition I gave you? If not what is still unclear about the question?
    So you won’t rewrite your question to me using your chosen definition of “faith”.

Now why would that be I wonder...
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:001 edit
    So you won’t rewrite your question to me using your chosen definition of “faith”.

Now why would that be I wonder...
    Because I have already clarified which definition of faith I am referring to. So the word 'faith' is correctly used in the sentence even if you won't admit that it is.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:081 edit
    Because I have already clarified which definition of faith I am referring to. So the word 'faith' is correctly used in the sentence even if you won't admit that it is.
    No it isn’t correctly used. Faith is a spiritual phenomenon and you are conflating it’s meaning in order to attempt to make a silly point, you’ve been called out over this by other posters in this thread already. Your dishonesty in this matter is evidenced by your reluctance to rewrite your question to me using your own definition. It is this dishonesty which I find interesting not your crappy thread btw.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:24
    No it isn’t correctly used. Faith is a spiritual phenomenon and you are conflating it’s meaning in order to attempt to make a silly point, you’ve been called out over this by other posters in this thread already. Your dishonesty in this matter is evidenced by your reluctance to rewrite your question to me using your own definition. It is this dishonesty which I find interesting not your crappy thread btw.
    Faith also means complete trust or confidence in someone or something. It is in the dictionary. Look it up and educate yourself.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:38
    Faith also means complete trust or confidence in someone or something. It is in the dictionary. Look it up and educate yourself.
    If you truly believe that then wil you rewrite your question to me using that definition?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 07:41
    If you truly believe that then wil you rewrite your question to me using that definition?
    I have clarified what I mean with the specific use of the word 'faith'. The fact that you aren't willing to accept that the word 'faith' can be used in the context that I did, based upon the dictionary definition that I have already clarified, is neither here nor there.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 07:511 edit
    I have clarified what I mean with the specific use of the word 'faith'. The fact that you aren't willing to accept that the word 'faith' can be used in the context that I did, based upon the dictionary definition that I have already clarified, is neither here nor there.
    I will be willing to accept that you believe that the word faith can be interpreted as “having complete trust or confidence in someone or something” when you incorporate it into the question you put to me.

That you won’t do this reveals your disingenuousness in this topic.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 07:56
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Acvording to Jesus, his truth os rejected by most. Since your beliefs are in line with the majority, enjoy them while you can.
    Faith is worthless without application.

Talking the talk means nothing. One has to walk the walk.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 08:02
    I will be willing to accept that you believe that the word faith can be interpreted as “having complete trust or confidence in someone or something” when you incorporate it into the question you put to me.

That you won’t do this reveals your disingenuousness in this topic.
    Just because you are too proud to admit that my use of word 'faith' could in fact be used in the context that I did. You said faith only applies to spiritual beliefs and you are too proud to admit that you were wrong.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 08:06
    Just because you are too proud to admit that my use of word 'faith' could in fact be used in the context that I did. You said faith only applies to spiritual beliefs and you are too proud to admit that you were wrong.
    To me faith applies only to spiritual matters.
    I accept that other people interpret it differently.
    I will accept that you truly interpret it differently when you use that interpretation in the question you made to me.
    Until then I will hold you in contempt as the lying weasel that I think you are.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 08:49
    To me faith applies only to spiritual matters.
    I accept that other people interpret it differently.
    I will accept that you truly interpret it differently when you use that interpretation in the question you made to me.
    Until then I will hold you in contempt as the lying weasel that I think you are.
    If you want to ignore the dictionary definition I gave you, and still insist that your use of the word faith is the only correct use be my guest.

Do you have 'faith' in your own judgement? Is this 'faith' only spiritual? Surely you can see how absurd your position is?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree