1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 07:01
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Haha, why do you chose to be a gAytheist?!

Is that meant as an insult?
    Are you homophobic like your god?
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 07:05
    If Christians brains are the size of a mustard seed then why is my nephews IQ at 168. He is 7 this coming February and he can learn song by ear playing guitar.
    "Thank goodness in Christianity the brain the size of a mustard seed is all you need."

Your nephew obviously has the necessary requirement.

When older he will shrug off his childhood brain-washing and campaign against all religion.

btw: Why are you so interested in the IQs of your relations?
    Is it compensation for your own deficiencies?

And seriously ... where did those numbers come from?
    Internet testing?
    🙄
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 18:42
    Thank goodness in Christianity the faith the size of a mustard seed is all you need.
    It's just too bad that many, including most Christians here, do not even have that much faith.

They expound their beliefs, but then they water them down with "But only God knows for sure". No. We know also. The question is, how certain are you? How much faith do you have? How many times does God have to tell you before you believe, and I mean really, truly, believe?

Unfortunately, some never get there, despite all their "confessing with their mouths". They still do not believe ( and I mean really believe it to be true ) in their hearts.

For some, even a mustard seed is too big.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 00:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It's just too bad that many, including most Christians here, do not even have that much faith.
    Which Christians do have a degree or depth of faith that impresses you? You claim it's only a minority of the regular Christian posters here? In order to be positive rather than negative, perhaps you could name the ones with strong faith and simply omit mentioning those that "do not even have that much faith".
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 18:45

They expound their beliefs, but then they water them down with "But only God knows for sure". No. We know also. The question is, how certain are you? How much faith do you have? How many times does God have to tell you before you believe, and I mean ...[text shortened]... ly believe it to be true[/i]
    ) in their hearts.

For some, even a mustard seed is too big.[/b]
    There are some posting in this forum that call themselves Christian, but show, by their faith in what God's Word says, that they don't actually believe God.

If you will read the verses concerning the mustard seed carefully you may notice that it isn't about the size of the seed, or the faith. It's about the strength of the faith as represented by the seed. Faith is weak or it is strong. Size has nothing to do with it.

Could make for an interesting discussion.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 20:21
    Originally posted by josephw
    There are some posting in this forum that call themselves Christian, but show, by their faith in what God's Word says, that they don't actually believe God.
    So again you are the arbiter of who gets to call themselves Christian and who doesn't?

How would you feel if some Christian preacher on hee declared you were not a true Christian?

You are arrogant, pompous and offensive.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 20:21

Discussion? You?
  8. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 20:44
    Originally posted by Dasa
    A common teaching which is propagated by false religion is the requirement for strong faith.

Apparently the more faith one has the more of God one has.

However in true religion faith is not discussed much at all.

The reason for this is that persons who have committed to the spiritual way of life and follow the practices of true religion have no doubt w ...[text shortened]...
    The fact is ........the degree a person needs faith, is the degree they do not believe in God.
    that's me tom ducked I have no faith.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 21:09
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    So again you are the arbiter of who gets to call themselves Christian and who doesn't?

How would you feel if some Christian preacher on hee declared you were not a true Christian?

"So again you are the arbiter of who gets to call themselves Christian and who doesn't?"

Nonsense. I said nothing of the kind. Why didn't you ask that of Suzianne?

"How would you feel if some Christian preacher on hee declared you were not a true Christian?"

I could care less.

"You are arrogant, pompous and offensive."

You are delusional if you think I am any of that. Your are wrong, and you are allowing you biases to cloud your perceptions. Besides that you don't have a clue about what it means to be a Christian, or what faith in God is.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Dec '14 21:11
    Discussion? You?
    Obviously not with you since all you want to do is call names and belittle. Especially when the topic escapes you.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '14 01:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which Christians do have a degree or depth of faith that impresses you? You claim it's only a minority of the regular Christian posters here? In order to be positive rather than negative, perhaps you could name the ones with strong faith and simply omit mentioning those that "do not even have that much faith".
    No, sorry, I don't dance for trolls.

Look somewhere else for your entertainment.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '14 01:34

And you don't believe God at all.

I can't see how this thread could possibly offend an atheist.

So I guess you just like calling Christians arrogant, pompous and offensive and merely go looking for opportunities to do so.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Dec '14 01:46
    1. And you don't believe God at all.

2. I can't see how this thread could possibly offend an atheist.

3. So I guess you just like calling Christians arrogant, pompous and offensive and merely go looking for opportunities to do so.
    1. Correct. I can't believe someone I think is imaginary.

2. Correct. Me neither.

3. Wrong.

66.7% Congratulations Suzi. The Meds must be kicking in.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '14 01:461 edit

If you will read the verses concerning the mustard seed carefully you may notice that it isn't about the size of the seed, or the faith. It's about the strength of the faith as represented by the seed ...[text shortened]... k or it is strong. Size has nothing to do with it.

It starts off being about the size of the seed.

"Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
    Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof." -- Matthew 13:31-32, KJV

And, naturally, that size is necessary to the parable because even though the seed is small, it produces a huge herb. And thus "the faith of the mustard seed" indicates that even a small faith, if grounded in truth and knowledge becomes a huge strong faith.

My point was that a lot of posters here do not have even a small faith, and it is always accompanied by some fear that it may be grounded in nothing. Almost NO one here professes to KNOW their faith is true. This is why I said, "No. We know also." We of strong faith DO know.

Jesus knew too. And that's good enough for me.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Dec '14 01:51
    [b]"So again you are the arbiter of who gets to call themselves Christian and who doesn't?"

Nonsense. I said nothing of the kind.

.[/b]
    I think it is implicit in
    "There are some posting in this forum that call themselves Christian, but ..."

if not intended I apologise ... but it is definitely implied in that phrase.

For instance if I said to you
    "You call yourself not a paedophile but .."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree