Faith vs Blind Faith

Faith vs Blind Faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 May 05

1.There are a group of people hiking in the Alps. Suddenly a grey mist envelopes them. They are trapped in the mountains sure to die. The one guy says well, seeing we are going to die, let me jump down a cliff. There might be a way out for me if I don't die.

2.There are a group of people hiking in the Alps. Suddenly a grey mist envelopes them. They are trapped in the mountains sure to die. Suddenly one guy hears a voice calling out to him, saying "Jump down the cliff it is only a short drop. There is a cave down here in which you can keep warm. Trust me I did it." The guy decides to jump down the cliff because there seems to be a way out for him.

Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
05 May 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
1.There are a group of people hiking in the Alps. Suddenly a grey mist envelopes them. They are trapped in the mountains sure to die. The one guy says well, seeing we are going to die, let me jump down a cliff. There might be a way out for me if I don't die.

2.There are a group of people hiking in the Alps. Suddenly a grey mist envelopes them. They are ...[text shortened]...
Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Which is faith and which is blind faith?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
05 May 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Neither.

Moves
05 May 05

1= blind faith

2=faith

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
05 May 05

1= blind faith

2=faith
1. Reason

2. Reason

Not faith or blind faith.

Moves
05 May 05

Originally posted by telerion
1. Reason

2. Reason

Not faith or blind faith.
1 = Faith without reason = blind faith

2 = Faith based on reason = faith

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
05 May 05

Where does a faith that is incompatible with reason fit in? Is it blind faith or something else?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
05 May 05

Like I said, both of your examples are reason. No faith involved.

Moves
05 May 05

Well that just shows that your definition of faith differs from mine.

Moves
05 May 05

Where does a faith that is incompatible with reason fit in? Is it blind faith or something else?
Faith without reason is blind faith.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
05 May 05

There is not such thing. Reason is a necessary condition of faith. You can not believe in something if you think it is unreasonable.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
05 May 05

Your idea of faith also differs from almost all Christians and most dictionaries.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
05 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Coletti
Reason is a necessary condition of faith. You can not believe in something if you think it is unreasonable.
Do you think the existence of talking snakes is reasonable?
How about the loading of a pair of each of the world's billions of species onto a boat and keeping them alive together for weeks by a staff of a handful of humans?

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
05 May 05

How about the loading of a pair of each of the world's billions of species onto a boat and keeping them alive together for weeks by a staff of a handful of humans?
Is it reasonable to assume that there is no supernatural. If you assume God is an illusion, it would be unreasonable for you to believe anything related to God, or the Bible. I do not make that assumption.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
05 May 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Is it reasonable to assume that there is no supernatural. If you assume God is an illusion, it would be unreasonable for you to believe anything related to God, or the Bible. I do not make that assumption.