1. Maryland
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 16:00
    Knowledge means knowing facts that are provable and reproducible. Faith means you hope something is true but you can't prove it because if you could, it would be knowledge and faith would not be required. Why should I believe anything on faith alone? One religious faith is just as likely to be true as any other, and since none of them has been proven, all of them are likely to be false. Also, I notice that many people of faith get touchy if their faith is questioned, and would rather their faith not be questioned. This is an anti knowledge position. Science is always questioning itself.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 16:10
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Knowledge means knowing facts that are provable and reproducible. Faith means you hope something is true but you can't prove it because if you could, it would be knowledge and faith would not be required. Why should I believe anything on faith alone? One religious faith is just as likely to be true as any other, and since none of them has been proven, al ...[text shortened]... th not be questioned. This is an anti knowledge position. Science is always questioning itself.
    I agree with your definition of knowable.

Perhaps you can reproduce evolution for me. I've never actually seen it done. Can you please evolve a new species for me?
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 17:37
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I agree with your definition of knowable.

Perhaps you can reproduce evolution for me. I've never actually seen it done. Can you please evolve a new species for me?
    You get evolution takes a while to happen, right?

Fortunately substantial evidence exists that catalogues evolution at work. Can you say the same for creation?

In your own time...
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 17:472 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

Fortunately substantial evidence exists that catalogues evolution at work. Can you say the same for creation?

In your own time...
    But how do you know for sure that the 'transitional fossils' weren't originally created to be exactly the way that they were found and that they aren't in fact evidence of 'evolution'?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 17:58

In your own time...
    I guess you can't hold to evolution and knowledge at the same time according to the op.
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 18:11
    I guess you can't hold to evolution and knowledge at the same time according to the op.
    I never really followed the Debates Forum. Were you as nonsensical in that forum as well?

😛
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 18:13
    I never really followed the Debates Forum. Were you as nonsensical in that forum as well?

😛
    The original post in this thread is in the debate forum?
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 18:13
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    But how do you know for sure that the 'transitional fossils' weren't originally created to be exactly the way that they were found and that they aren't in fact evidence of 'evolution'?
    A chap once told me that dinosaurs didn't exist, and that God had put the bones in rocks to confuse mankind.

The two of you would have got along splendidly.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 18:16
    The original post in this thread is in the debate forum?
    No.

I was asking if you were as nonsensical when you were posting in the debates forum.
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 18:28
    Charles Darwin pretty much proved evolution with his scientific observations especially when the HMS Beagle visited the isolated Galapagos Islands. If god created immutable humans starting with Adam and Eve, how did we end up with Negros, Caucasians, and Orientals? If these 3 groups staid isolated long enough, features would continue to evolve to the point that they would become 3 different species.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 20:08
    No.

I was asking if you were as nonsensical when you were posting in the debates forum.
    Not at all. I was talking about making assumptions.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 20:10
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Charles Darwin pretty much proved evolution with his scientific observations especially when the HMS Beagle visited the isolated Galapagos Islands. If god created immutable humans starting with Adam and Eve, how did we end up with Negros, Caucasians, and Orientals? If these 3 groups staid isolated long enough, features would continue to evolve to the point that they would become 3 different species.
    He proved it based on repeatable observation?

Are you going to hold to your original statement or are you a hypocrites?
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 20:18
    Not at all. I was talking about making assumptions.
    Oh, you make plenty of those.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 20:21
    Oh, you make plenty of those.
    We all do, it is just that some of us demand that others accept their assumptions are fact.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 20:23
    We all do, it is just that some of us demand that others accept their assumptions are fact.
    Are you saying evolution is an assumption?

If so, are you interested in buying London Bridge?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree