1. Germany
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 16:29
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    For 'evolution' to occur you need pre-existing creatures with a pre-existing DNA code. Well at least according to the 'verifiable evidence' that you supposedly have. So that does not exclude the possibility of creation happening first.
    The thing is that divine intervention is not bound or restricted by anything, so we can never "exclude" it. We can merely conclude we don't need it to describe the world around us.
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 17:10
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The thing is that divine intervention is not bound or restricted by anything, so we can never "exclude" it. We can merely conclude we don't need it to describe the world around us.
    Maybe if we are content with inadequate explanations.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 18:45
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Maybe if we are content with inadequate explanations.
    Alas, we are but humans, and we must choose to be content either with "inadequate" explanations or baseless assertions. In my opinion it is a worthy goal to seek to make our explanations ever more adequate, and I make my very small contribution towards this goal.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 20:07
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Evolution occurs over a considerable time period. To dismiss it because you can't set up a camera and observe it in operation is plain ridiculous and in the same ball park as the chap who insists the world is flat because he can't see the curvature with his own eyes.

Is creation something you can repeat for us, here and now?
    If it can't be repeated, then it isn't knowledge as defined by the original post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree