1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 17:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    There is a very big difference between believing that the universe hinges on my existence and believing that there is a God in who's existence is necessary for the existence of the universe and who just so happens to value my existence. The mere fact that God values my existence gives me value. Otherwise, in the grande scheme of things I am nothing.
    That is just crazy.

Answer the question: why would a 3 O God "value" the existence of such inferior beings? What does he get out of it? Does he value amoebas too because he created them?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 18:231 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That is just crazy.

Answer the question: why would a 3 O God "value" the existence of such inferior beings? What does he get out of it? Does he value amoebas too because he created them?
    Why is this crazy? I once had a pet dog who died and whom I loved very much. However, the dog had no real relavence as to the greater scheme of things in my life. After all, it was just a dog. It was inferior to me, or at least intellectually. However, this did not prevent this incident from turning my world upside down when it happened. Is love logical?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 19:222 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why is this crazy? I once had a pet dog who died and whom I loved very much. However, the dog had no real relavence as to the greater scheme of things in my life. After all, it was just a dog. It was inferior to me, or at least intellectually. However, this did not prevent this incident from turning my world upside down when it happened. Is love logical?
    So God isn't logical?

Are amoebas in heaven, too? He created them and must love them also.

EDIT: And you still haven't answered the question.

EDIT2: Of course, a dog is much closer to a human being in its attributes than a human being is to God. In fact, an amoeba is closer to a human being in its attributes than a 3 O God is. So why does he care what we think?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 17:30
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So God isn't logical?

Are amoebas in heaven, too? He created them and must love them also.

EDIT: And you still haven't answered the question.

EDIT2: Of course, a dog is much closer to a human being in its attributes than a human being is to God. In fact, an amoeba is closer to a human being in its attributes than a 3 O God is. So why does he care what we think?
    God loves us because he has said so and because he has demonstrated such love. No man has love greater than this and that is to lay down his life for his friends. So I suppose if he does the same for amoebas then we would have to conclude the same thing for them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree