1. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 08:37
    I just wanted to post some of my favorites.
    Please post some of yours as well. God Bless.
    (These were from the Authorized King James Version.)

2 Tim 3:16
    "All scriptures is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

Joshua 24:15
    "...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Proverbs 18:22
    "whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord."

Proverb 31:30
    "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised."

Proverbs 22:6
    "Train up a child in the way he[she] should go, and when he[she] is old, he[she] will not depart from it."

1 Tim 4:12
    "Let no man depise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

1Sam.16:7
    "..for the Lord seeth not as man seeth, for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."

I Cor 10:13
    "There hath no temptation taken you, but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be temtpted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

I Peter 2:24(Isaiah 53:5)
    "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live into Righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Isaiah 55:11
    "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

James 5:15
    "..the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me; seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

Proverbs 1:7
    "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

Proberbs 9:10
    "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."

James 1:5
    "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Ephesians 6:11(v.13-17)
    "Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

Isaiah 54:17
    "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord."

Romans 5:8-9
    "But God commendth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him."

Romans 12:2
    "Be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

2 Peter 3:9
    "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Romans 6:23
    "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Romans 10:9
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 10:08
    Originally posted by PureRWandB
    These were from the Authorized King James Version.
    As a matter of interest: why do you use the King James Version? Surely it is the least accurate translation available? Do you like the style of English? Why doesn't somebody do a modern (more accurate) translation but in Old English?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 14:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As a matter of interest: why do you use the King James Version? Surely it is the least accurate translation available? Do you like the style of English? Why doesn't somebody do a modern (more accurate) translation but in Old English?
    Genesis 15 (21st Century King James Version)
    Genesis 15
    1After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, "Fear not, Abram. I am thy shield and thy exceeding great reward."

My favorite verse
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 16:13
    I like KJV and NKJV because it was translated word for word.
    I like the NIV because it was translated thought for thought.

All my life I have used the NIV, but recently have been reading from the NKJV.

It's just personal preference.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 18:25
    I John 1:9
    If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For believers, that's an oft-recited one.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 19:12
    Daniel 3:16-18 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnessar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But IF NOT, be it known unto thee, O king, that we WILL NOT serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

All God asks us is to walk according to the way he tell us and let him handle the rest even if it costs us our very lives. This is what overcoming faith is all about.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 19:17
    "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him.
    Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes." -Pro. 26:4-5
  8. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 19:19
    "But the serpent said to the woman, 'You will not die. For God knows that when you eat of [the fruit] your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.'" - Genesis 3:4-5
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 19:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    Daniel 3:16-18 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnessar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But IF NOT, be it known unto thee, O king, that we WILL NOT serve thy g ...[text shortened]... andle the rest even if it costs us our very lives. This is what overcoming faith is all about.
    It is always a good idea when you are in a fix to have "a bad negro" by yo side. That's what I say. Scripture like that brings it all home.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 20:43
    Jer 9:23-24
    23 Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
    24 But let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.
    (NKJ)

Jer 33:2-3
    2 "Thus says the LORD who made it, the LORD who formed it to establish it (the LORD is His name):
    3 'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'
    (NKJ)

Ps 34:4-5
    4 I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
    5 They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed.
    (NKJ)

Ps 34:8
    8 Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
    (NKJ)
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 01:35
    The pneuma where it wishes blows,
    the sound of it you hear, but do not know
    whence it comes nor where it goes—
    for all who are born of the pneuma it is so.

The Gospel According to John 3:8
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 01:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I use the King James because it is the only inerrant English version.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 02:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    In that case, I certainly hope you will be quoting from it in the sermon competition.
  14. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 02:11
    Troll.
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 06:42
    OMG. You have GOT to be kidding, right?

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree