1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 15:37
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him.
    Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes." -Pro. 26:4-5
    I like those too.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 15:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    I use the King James because it is the only inerrant English version.
    What?
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 23:202 edits
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    OMG. You have GOT to be kidding, right?

Nemesio
    I only use the KJV to annoy those who are annoyed by it. 😛
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 15:47
    Proverbs 3 "My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments. For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee; bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart. So shall you find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge him, and he WILL direct your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your navel, and marrow to your bones. Honour the Lord with you substance, and with the firstfruits of all your increase. So will your barns be filled with plenty, and your presses will burst out with new wine. My son despise not the chastening of the Lord, neither be weary of his corrections. For whom the Lord loves he corrects."
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 16:32
    Who ever said it was flawless?

Who ever said any translation was flawless?
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 19:041 edit
    O man, ... what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Mic 7:8

i also like Song of Solomon 7:3 -- Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle.🙂
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 20:451 edit
    Exodus

7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
    7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.
    7:3 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.
    7:4 But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
    7:5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

Gotta love a God who controls people while proclaiming that everyone has free will. He also declares people gods while demanding that no one shall have any god before him. Does this make Moses a demigod?
  8. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 20:55
    you are an 'inerrantist'?

the translation was perfect?
  9. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 01:19
    Originally posted by PureRWandB
    I just wanted to post some of my favorites.
    Please post some of yours as well. God Bless.
    (These were from the Authorized King James Version.)

2 Tim 3:16
    "All scriptures is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

Joshua 24:15
    "...but as for me and my house, we ...[text shortened]... hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
    "The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world" (Psalm 19:1-4).
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 04:13
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    you are an 'inerrantist'?

the translation was perfect?
    How do you define a perfect translation since you can translate things
    in a variety of ways and come up with different words to describe what
    was written, yet be true to the style of translation being used.
    Kelly
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 06:37
    Let he who has 2 coats give one to to one who has none.
    Love your enemy, do good to those who harm you.
    Love one another as I have loved you, so people will see your works and know my teachings. (this one is actually a commandment)

I would venture a guess that few christians follow these teachings of Jesus.
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 06:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How do you define a perfect translation since you can translate things
    in a variety of ways and come up with different words to describe what
    was written, yet be true to the style of translation being used.
    Kelly
    My pastor says that no translation is perfect; thus the truest form is the original language. And everything else, by definition, is imperfect. Not useless---far from it! Just not perfect.
  13. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 07:41
    "Be still and know that i am God"
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 13:35
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    My pastor says that no translation is perfect; thus the truest form is the original language. And everything else, by definition, is imperfect. Not useless---far from it! Just not perfect.
    I agree with your pastor.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    09 Oct '07
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 08:50
    It says in the bible that the 4 angels stood at the 4 corners of the earth??? So....the earth is flat and has 4 corners???

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree