1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:36
    @sonship said
    @FMF

FMF -

Obsessed with regurgitating the screeds of some idol of yours,

So my teaching of the Bible is eating vomit.
    So his idolizing everything manmade other then God is eating feces.
    I have never said you are "eating vomit" nor have I made any comment even remotely like it. Not once in ten years.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:381 edit
    @FMF

You didn't have to say "vomit." Regurgitate means just that.

You blew it. Back to the skepto drawing board.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:38
    @sonship said
    You see folks FMF wants to draw attention to me saying something about him eating feces.

But of COURSE it is OK for him to speak of my teaching of the word of God as "regurgitating" implying that lovers of the Bible are eating vomit.

Was my word picture so much worse than his own ?
    I have never suggested that Christians "eat vomit". You have introduced these words. Not me.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:40
    @sonship said
    @FMF

You didn't have to use vomit. Regurgitate means just that.

You blew it. Back to the skepto drawing board.
    To regurgitate someting means to repeat or recite something that you have memorized. It has nothing to do with "vomit".
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:421 edit
    @sonship said
    You see folks FMF wants to draw attention to me saying something about him eating feces.
    It just illustrates how unhinged your insults are when you get angry. Did Ghost of a Duke ever call you a "stinking leper" or call your ideas "faeces"? No, he didn't.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:433 edits
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/regurgitate

Includes the thought of throwing up food again - [my bolding]
    regurgitate verb
    re·​gur·​gi·​tate | \(ˌ)rē-ˈgər-jə-ˌtāt \
    regurgitated; regurgitating
    Definition of regurgitate
    intransitive verb

: to become thrown or poured back
    transitive verb

: to throw or pour back or out from or as if from a cavity
    regurgitate food

memorized facts to regurgitate on the exam
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:46
    @sonship said
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/regurgitate

Includes the thought of throwing up food again -

regurgitate verb
    re·​gur·​gi·​tate | \(ˌ)rē-ˈgər-jə-ˌtāt \
    regurgitated; regurgitating
    Definition of regurgitate
    intransitive verb

: to become thrown or poured back
    transitive verb

: to throw or pour back or out from or as if from a cavity
    regurgitate food

memorized facts to regurgitate on the exam
    "Regurgitate memorized facts".

The idea of Christians "eating vomit" or some such is yours not mine.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:501 edit
    @FMF

Your idea of how to describe my quoting the Bible a lot.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:56
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Your idea of how to describe my quoting the Bible a lot.
    I have never described your ideas or Witness Lee's ideas as "faeces" or "vomit". I have never compared you to a "leper" or likened you to a "cockroach", nor have I ever said anything like "I'd rather die than have a mind like yours". Nothing like that. I have never been angry while posting. I have never insulted you in the way you insult people. You seem to be a law unto yourself when "provoked".
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:571 edit
    And while FMF is on the subject of provoking people, who on this board works harder at subtly insulting many of you?

However he usually conceals his contempt with a question mark at the end to disguise his slights as phony objective curiosity.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 16:00
    @FMF

I have never described your ideas or Witness Lee's ideas as "faeces" or "vomit". I have never compared you to a "leper" or likened you to a "cockroach", nor have I ever said anything like "I'd rather die than have a mind like yours". Nothing like that. I have never been angry while posting. I have never insulted you in the way you insult people. You seem to be a law unto yourself when "provoked".

You're a real totally innocent guy aren't you?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 16:00
    @sonship said
    And while FMF is on the subject of provoking people, who on this board works harder at subtly insulting many of you?

However he usually conceals his contempt with a question mark at the end to disguise his slights as phony objective curiosity.
    We're talking about "faeces" and "spreading germs" and "unclean" dogs and pigs and being "diseased" and all the rest if it. What warrants or justifies all this? Your Bible? Your own self-righteousness?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 16:02
    @sonship said
    @FMF

You're a real totally innocent guy aren't you?
    What have I said that you think your vitriolic personal insults are eqivalent to?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 16:10
    @sonship said
    My curiosity about the effect that religiosity has on people's integrity and intellectual/interpersonal behaviour is purely subjective. I've never claimed it's "objective curiosity". Have you found it to be "objective"? It's subjective as far as I am concerned.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '18 07:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You are being dishonest in saying you posted, 'I was over the top and apologize."

Why have you omitted your use of 'probably?'
    Sonship seems to think that being intellectually dishonest is not being dishonest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree