1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 09:15
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I'm a little distracted at the moment with the leprosy.

Unforgiven grudges much.

Next time, just admit that you just cannot bring yourself to accept an apology. Its more honest.
    Insincere/meaningless apologies much sonship? Do you now need Ghost of a Duke to apologise to you for his ironic sense of humour?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 09:472 edits
    @FMF

Insincere/meaningless apologies much sonship? Do you now need Ghost of a Duke to apologise to you for his ironic sense of humour?

Nope.

But when someone says " I was over the top and apologize" it is more honest (if he really forgives) to just take the time to forgive and forget.

But after saying one accepts the apology, or some equivalent, to constantly remind them "Remember what you did to me? Remember? Remember?" again and again is not healthy. And that even if it gets a few laughs.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 10:25
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Nope.

But when someone says " I was over the top and apologize" it is more honest (if he really forgives) to just take the time to forgive and forget.

But after saying one accepts the apology, or some equiva ...[text shortened]... d to me? Remember? Remember?" again and again is not healthy. And that even if it gets a few laughs.
    You are a humorless and bitter little rancorous man. I reckon it's your religion that makes you like that. All the most visceral insults that are ever uttered here come from you. And your vanity-nastiness is cyclical and often cites the Bible in the most tawdry way.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 11:40
    @sonship said
    But after saying one accepts the apology, or some equivalent, to constantly remind them "Remember what you did to me? Remember? Remember?" again and again is not healthy.
    It's far "healthier" than the way you treat people when your true self swings into action here.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 12:19
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I'm a little distracted at the moment with the leprosy.

Unforgiven grudges much.

Next time, just admit that you just cannot bring yourself to accept an apology. Its more honest.
    Your 'apology' contained a 'probably.'

Can you bring yourself to apologise without negating it with 'probably?'
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 12:22
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Nope.

But after saying one accepts the apology, or some equiva ...[text shortened]... d to me? Remember? Remember?" again and again is not healthy. And that even if it gets a few laughs.
    You are being dishonest in saying you posted, 'I was over the top and apologize."

Why have you omitted your use of 'probably?'
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 14:162 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Your 'apology' contained a 'probably.'

Can you bring yourself to apologise without negating it with 'probably?'

I agree that I used the word probably.
    So I guess I should take your acceptance of apology as "probably" also.

Shall we revisit the thread and see what led up to my words ?

Let's go back and examine what PROVOKED such statements as I made.

You see the problem with you guys is you're only aware of instances when hurtful words come YOUR way. Coming FROM you TO others ... You're oblivious.

Ya feel it when it comes back to you. You don't feel anything when you spew your provocations out to others.

Go find the thread and I will demonstrate that to you.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 14:28
    @sonship said
    You see the problem with you guys is you're only aware of instances when hurtful words come YOUR way. Coming FROM you TO others ... You're oblivious.
    The things you say to people when you get angry are hands down the most vicious things anyone has said to anyone else in all my years here.

Nobody ~ absolutely nobody ~ says things to you that are as raw and as unhinged as the things you say when your ruffled feathers get too much for you.

Ghost of a Duke, for instance, has never said anything even remotely as caustic or as demented as calling you a 'stinking leper'. Never.

You think it's six of one, half a doxen of the other here? Wrong. Nobody here, for example, has condemned your ideas as "faeces" or "germs". Never. Not ever.

You should take a look at yourself. You should reflect. You should reflect - specifically - on your threadbare excuse, trotted out, time after time, that you were "provoked". Because no one, absolutely no one, here comes out with the kind of vile personal insults that you muster when you are pricked or cornered or caught in a lie.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 14:521 edit
    wot
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 14:55
    @sonship said
    Go find the thread and I will demonstrate that to you.
    Did he "provoke" you by calling you something like a "stinking leper" or did he provoke you by saying your ideas were "faeces"?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:145 edits
    @FMF

I said the Apostle Paul counted all the things he was previously so proud of as refuse, dog-food, feces, dung in comparison to Christ.

" But what things were gains to me, these I have counted as loss on account of Christ.

But moreover I also count all things to be loss on account of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, on account of whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as REFUSE that I may gain Christ." (Philippian 3:7,8)

Feaces or dung could be understood there in the Greek word translated REFUSE in the RcV.

And I did not go out of my way to say you eat feces. When you put DOWN Jesus Christ continually and uplift other things I used that passage to say in comparison to Jesus Christ, what you were boasting in and brandishing as superior was dung, feces, dog food, refuse.

And I do not apologize for the comparison because you have been insulting to believers here who exalt Christ.

Now the body odor disease matter was said to anyone who fancies that they are so smart the Christians always avoid talking to them. "You guys run away from SO SMART ME!"

I made the analogy (unflattering as it was) that MAYBE people avoid others because of unpleasant or unhygienic spiritual things of a contagious nature and not because of their intellectual superiority.

I said probably that was too much. And I apologized to Ghost.
    And I moved on.

Tell me though. Is this complaint now the new hot chains and space aliens thing which will run its course for a couple more years?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:29
    You see folks FMF wants to draw attention to me saying something about him eating feces.

But of COURSE it is OK for him to speak of my teaching of the word of God as "regurgitating" implying that lovers of the Bible are eating vomit.

Was my word picture so much worse than his own ?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:32
    @sonship said
    @FMF

I said the Apostle Paul counted all the things he was previously so proud of as refuse, dog-food, feces, dung in comparison to Christ.

[quote] " But what things were gains to me, these I have counted as loss on account of Christ.

But moreover I also count all things to be loss on account of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, on account of ...[text shortened]... nt now the new hot chains and space aliens thing which will run its course for a couple more years?
    It just goes to show that your vicious "holy" vitriol ~ when "provoked" ~ is on far uglier scale and swoops to grottier depths than anything that has ever been said to you. By anyone. For any reason. Ever.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:341 edit
    @FMF

FMF -

Obsessed with regurgitating the screeds of some idol of yours,

So my teaching of the Bible my is eating regurgitated vomit.
    So his idolizing his atheist reasonings and man-made concepts other then God is his eating feces in comparison to Christ.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 15:34
    @sonship said
    You see folks FMF wants to draw attention to me saying something about him eating feces.

But of COURSE it is OK for him to speak of my teaching of the word of God as "regurgitating" implying that lovers of the Bible are eating vomit.

Was my word picture so much worse than his own ?
    Regurgitating is a synonym for reciting [memorized or rote-learned] things. I have never used the word "vomit" when talking to you. Never.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree