1. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 02:56
    Originally posted by buckky
    Do you think it's the fear of death that drives people in their spiritual pursuits ? I know that for me at around the age of fourteen I started to really focus on the fact that I would die someday, and that sounded like no fun. The idea of being snuffed out as if you had never been scared me. So I turned to religion, and spiritual writings to try and find a w ...[text shortened]... ms you can find yourself. Maybe everything is you. No seperation only Unity with the universe.
    I think similarly.
    I see, with others, the Great Awareness/Consciousness as unborn and undying. We arise from it, are it in a deep sense "It" and return to That One, and emerge again different I sense something of what was "before" comes with us.

Each life is totally unique and is an expression of a part of "God" (talking theistically) and seeking to extend it, keep it as it is this time round, is trying to stop the eternal adventure. Movement and change defines life, stillness and stagnation defines death.

Let us celebrate and live and seek to enhance and harmonise each moment as fully as possible, the rest will look after itself, I reckon. We are in "good hands", look what That was able to display from dust and gases and atoms of just one single nucleated element

Sages of varying traditions and expressions, view that which we are and come from is All Good and Complete despite the ups and downs, the dark and light of the adventures of manifestation.
    There is grief and joy always for it cannot be other, but our core is ever unborn and undying. This is a victorious view.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 04:13
    Originally posted by Taoman
    I think similarly.
    I see, with others, the Great Awareness/Consciousness as unborn and undying. We arise from it, are it in a deep sense "It" and return to That One, and emerge again different I sense something of what was "before" comes with us.

Each life is totally unique and is an expression of a part of "God" (talking theistically) and seeking to ex ...[text shortened]... it cannot be other, but our core is ever unborn and undying. This is a victorious view.
    From the implicate field, the Tao,
    all explicate forms arise.
    What are they if not that?

Te is the flash of lightning
    in (and of) the field of light, the Tao.
  3. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 09:39
    Originally posted by Taoman
    I think similarly.

Each life is totally unique and is an expression of a part of "God" (talking theistically) and seeking to ex ...[text shortened]... it cannot be other, but our core is ever unborn and undying. This is a victorious view.
    The Bhagavat Geeta equates death i.e.giving up old body(and being reborn) with the exchanging of old clothes by new. The book also says that it is certain that anyone who takes birth has to die. This being so, it says,the steadfast person does not feel any fear.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 00:43
    Originally posted by vistesd
    From the implicate field, the Tao,
    all explicate forms arise.
    What are they if not that?

Te is the flash of lightning
    in (and of) the field of light, the Tao.
    You know what it is vistesd? I mean, the difference between how we each view life?

It isn't so much that I disagree with your views and understanding, it's that I put a face on the Tao. It's not enough for me when I find myself in the moment to simply absorb the energy or essence of the experience. I lift my voice and give thanks to the one who made it all, knowing there is so much more to come.

This verse comes to mind.

Ephesians 1:10 - That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Christ is the face on all things.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 22:471 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Actually, there isn't any merit to the suggestion that Christians fear death. Christians don't fear death. The fear of death is for those who have no hope. It's a no-brainer ToO.

I have no fear of death. I'm actually looking forward to the experience. For me death is the doorway to eternity. Death was conquered by Jesus. Jesus beat death and rose from th 1:15, Colossians 1:18

You're dreaming if you think Christians are afraid of death.
    Through the ages man has been able to convince himself of a number of beliefs involving an "afterlife" despite a dearth of evidence be it belief in reincarnation, belief in the performance of certain rituals, belief in having the "correct" beliefs, etc. That they are able to convince themselves these beliefs to be true despite a dearth of evidence only serves to demonstrate their irrationality and their slavery to the "fear of death".

Like I said, "Many seem to have had the experience that Christians cannot rationally discuss their beliefs. The smart money is on a "fear of death" as the underlying cause. They are slaves to this fear." Look at how irrational Epi became earlier on this thread when the incoherence of his position was pointed out. He couldn't even bring himself to discuss it.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 04:14
    Originally posted by buckky
    Do you think it's the fear of death that drives people in their spiritual pursuits ? I know that for me at around the age of fourteen I started to really focus on the fact that I would die someday, and that sounded like no fun. The idea of being snuffed out as if you had never been scared me. So I turned to religion, and spiritual writings to try and find a w ...[text shortened]... ms you can find yourself. Maybe everything is you. No seperation only Unity with the universe.
    You are a spiritual entity indestructible and eternal, and you are absolutely correct in saying the soul continues on to their next body after the death of the present body.

The first thing you realize after you die is.............that you are not dead.

Persons who live the true spiritual life have absolutely no fear of death.

False religion does not want you to know this, because it takes away the power they have over you the individual, because they falsely teach that they are the only ones that can give you eternal life.......if you join their religion.

Everyone including the atheists are eternal and will always be eternal.......and that cannot be changed under any circumstance.

Did you know that thousands of years ago the church was one of the only groups of people who could read and write, and they forbid others from learning to read because they knew they would be more powerful if they were the only ones who could understand the written word.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 06:18
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The first thing you realize after you die is ... that you are not dead.
  8. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 08:42
    To me, death is the end, but I don't fear it. Nothing to be frightened of.

All the experiences in life is all I am concerned about, and the experiencing of as much of it as possible.

Once I am dead, it no longer matters. It will all be gone and forgotten.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree