Fear of Death

Fear of Death

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Feb 06

In the Thread on Jesus Praying I pointed out that in my view, if you are Christian and believe that you will go to heaven after death then you should not be afraid of dying but rather look forward to it.
I would be interested to know whether any Christians in this forum are afraid of Death and if so what they fear. Some posibilities:
1. Fear of the unknown.
2. Fear that they could be wrong about the existance of God.
3. Fear that they might go to Hell.
4. Fear of loosing what they have in life.

S
Bah Humbug!

C:\Drive

Moves
03 Feb 06

Originally posted by twhitehead
In the Thread on Jesus Praying I pointed out that in my view, if you are Christian and believe that you will go to heaven after death then you should not be afraid of dying but rather look forward to it.
I would be interested to know whether any Christians in this forum are afraid of Death and if so what they fear. Some posibilities:
1. Fear of the unkn ...[text shortened]... istance of God.
Good question.
Surely only atheists should fear death. (And sinners I suppose 😀 )

TCE

Colorado

Moves
03 Feb 06
1 edit

Fear is an enemy that should be vanquished.

D

Moves
03 Feb 06

I have no fear of death. I look forward to the day I get to be with my Lord.

DF

R

Moves
03 Feb 06

I don't fear death either. (:

d

Moves
03 Feb 06

Thread 37818

j

Moves
03 Feb 06

Originally posted by ShallowBlue
Good question.
Surely only atheists should fear death. (And sinners I suppose 😀 )
Surely only atheists should fear death.

Not only atheists should fear death but according to the Bible anyone who does not trust Jesus Christ completely for salvation should also fear death.
Note John 3:16; 3:18 & 3:36; Romans 10:9,10,13.

Moves
04 Feb 06

Interestingly enough since ridding myself of Christianity I've lost my fear of death. I've come to realize that being a coward and worrying about the possibility of salvation will not change my fate one bit.

"Cattle die and Kinsmen die, but one thing never dies. The renown of a great man's deeds." - The Havamal

There is no salvation and there is no forgiveness. Our deeds matter and only our deeds.