1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 00:12
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You really don't get it do you? I mean, it's one thing to make a logically flawed argument. It's another to insist on it even after it's pointed out to you. Even after you've had plenty of time to consider and reconsider.

Reading your last post (actually I could say this about almost every post you make), I could only shake my head in disbelief. Your a ...[text shortened]... a tune, blowing his horn right loud, hoping that any minute it'll begin to make music."
    But typically you offer no detail and neither are you specific. You just say "they are flawed" but you don't say why. It's like everything you say. You are full of abstract , non substantiated claims which you are not prepared to back up. As soon as anyone challenges you to back them up you cry "deceipt!" or "ego!" or just refuse to answer the question.

You have pointed nothing out to me of any substance because I dispute your starting premise. You pre-assume that "what Jesus meant" (A) is not "what thinkofone thinks he meant"(B) . But the whole point is that I dispute (B) in the first place as a fake rolex jesus.

Anyway , let me fight the darkness with the light. The real Jesus is full of love, acceptance and grace . He loves us despite our faults and sees through our sin to the person beneath. He wants us to be perfected but he knows that perfection comes via being loved unconditionally. Forgiveness and love are the heart of the Gospel and are a scandal to those who favour salvation via works. The fake jesus you present to us is conditional and expects us to overcome IN ORDER to receive acceptance whereas the real Jesus accepts and loves us IN ORDER so that we might overcome.

The reason why I have stood against you is because the real Gospel (good news) is God's forgiveness , acceptance and love. Your counterfeit Gospel subtly but significantly detracts from that love and re-introduces the very spirit of fear and bondage to performance that Jesus came to over throw. The realisation that God loves you and me right now , just as much as he ever could and that he could never accept us more whatever good we did in the future is the great precious message of the gospel. You overcome?... God loves you passionately , you don't overcome?.... he loves and accepts you just as much , it makes no difference to his love.

"Faith is the courage to accept acceptance" Paul Tillich
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 01:08
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    But typically you offer no detail and neither are you specific. You just say "they are flawed" but you don't say why. It's like everything you say. You are full of abstract , non substantiated claims which you are not prepared to back up. As soon as anyone challenges you to back them up you cry "deceipt!" or "ego!" or just refuse to answer the question ...[text shortened]... erence to his love.

"Faith is the courage to accept acceptance" Paul Tillich
    Try reading back through our posts on this thread. Hopefully the lightbulb will turn on for you.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 05:27
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]So the theists are left with either a necessary, but cruel god, with a pre-determined universe, or with a completely unnecessary and ineffectual god whom we need take no further note of. Not an enviable choice.
    Or, theists are left with exactly what the Bible describes: a God of creation; a God of love; a God that knows the end from before the begi ...[text shortened]... ou, does not lessen your grief. Perhaps revelation is in order. Thankfully, it is available.[/b]
    Are you saying that revelation replaces logic? Or logic no longer applies with revelation? It sure sounds like something of the sort.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 21:11
    Try reading back through our posts on this thread. Hopefully the lightbulb will turn on for you.
    Er ...no...I still see you just not answering a simple question.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 22:46
    Er ...no...I still see you just not answering a simple question.
    Sorry to hear that. More's the pity.
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 00:18
    Sorry to hear that. More's the pity.
    Pity you won't answer questions?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 00:20
    Pity you won't answer questions?
    You really have trouble comprehending the written word, don't you?
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 13:24
    You really have trouble comprehending the written word, don't you?
    The difficulty I have always had with you is that you think that the reason I am challenging your version of the "truth" is because I'm on a ego trip or something. You have never been able to understand that there might be other reasons why someone would challenge your position. Putting it all down to "ego" or "deceipt" is just to easy and lazy thinking. It means you don't have to think about things or be challenged , it's just far too convenient.

Did it ever occur to you that I might be challenging your "truth" because I thought it neccessary?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 15:001 edit
    The difficulty I have always had with you is that you think that the reason I am challenging your version of the "truth" is because I'm on a ego trip or something. You have never been able to understand that there might be other reasons why someone would challenge your position. Putting it all down to "ego" or "deceipt" is just to easy and lazy thinkin ccur to you that I might be challenging your "truth" because I thought it neccessary?
    I have no problem with your challenging my beliefs. As I've told you a number of times in a number of ways, what I do have a problem with is your stooping to using deceit, half-truths, outright lies, illogic, etc. in your attempt to do so. So even this latest post from you is deceitful. But pointing this out to you has proved futile. The lightbulb has yet to turn on for you.
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 18:11
    I have no problem with your challenging my beliefs. As I've told you a number of times in a number of ways, what I do have a problem with is your stooping to using deceit, half-truths, outright lies, illogic, etc. in your attempt to do so. So even this latest post from you is deceitful. But pointing this out to you has proved futile. The lightbulb has yet to turn on for you.
    You see. I challenge you on something and I'm being "deceiptful" etc. It's impossible to engage in meaningful debate with someone who sees any departure from the ToO party line as "deceipt". You are an all or nothing thinker. Look up Cognitive Therapy re- black and white/ all of nothing thinking. There are no greys in your world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_distortion
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 18:19
    You see. I challenge you on something and I'm being "deceiptful" etc. It's impossible to engage in meaningful debate with someone who sees any departure from the ToO party line as "deceipt". You are an all or nothing thinker. Look up Cognitive Therapy re- black and white/ all of nothing thinking. There are no greys in your world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_distortion
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 22:56
    You cannot be reached.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree