First Prophecy of Christ?

First Prophecy of Christ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Hello All Others,
Is this the 1st prophecy including Christ?

King James Version
==============
Genesis 3: 15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
From the very fall of man God already had His plan of redemption. We know this because the Lamb was slain "from the foundation of the world" (Rev.13:8)

So early the prophecy of Christ is because God is way way ahead of the matter being transcendent over time. That redemptive Lamb of God was ordained before the foundation of the world.

" Christ ... who was foreknown before the foundation of the world but has been manifested in the last of times for your sake ..." (1 Peter 1:20)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 14

The woman in Genesis 15 - "I will put enmity between you and the woman ..." signifies first Eve and then the virgin Mary, the mother of the Lord Jesus.

"But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under law ..." (Galatians 4:4)

She also signifies ALL the people of God who take the position of a woman before God, trusting in Him, as represented by the universal woman of light in Revelation 12.

Therefore the enmity between the serpent and the woman is the enmity between Satan and all God's people.

The serpent's hating and fighting against God's people began when Satan instigated Cain to murder Abel (Genesis 4:8; 1 John 3:12). This fighting continues through all the generations until Satan is cast into the lake of fire for eternity (Rev. 20:7:10) .

rc

Moves
08 May 14

Originally posted by sonship
She symbolizes ALL the elect of God

this has no basis in reality and is unsubstantiated with any values other than those which you are willing to impose on the scripture. Furthermore i demonstrated that Biblicaly women are used to represent organizations, e.g.The bride of Christ, The nation of Israel.

It has every basis in proper inte ...[text shortened]... is chapter.
Don't read my comments. They will fill you with more rage against the Lord Jesus.
No its not the New Jerusalem, for that is the bride of Christ, this woman is The Jerusalem above, 'our mother', as Paul sates, so you have it quite wrong and no its not from another angle, you made that up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 14

The serpent's seed - "And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed" - are the people who follow Satan. Because Satan, the old serpent (Rev.12:9; 20:2), has injected himself as sin into man's flesh, all men have become serpents in the eyes of God -

"Serpents! Brood of vipers! How shall you escape the judgment of Gehenna." (Matt. 23:33)

This strong rebuke is specifically towards the opposing religionists given over to the Satanic nature to directly fight against God incarnate - Jesus Christ. But we all have been made serpents and vipers because of the Satanic nature which the devil injected into the forefather of all mankind - Adam.

John chapter three about the brass serpent lifted up in the wilderness, that all the snake bitten people may be healed if they would look on it, shows that Jesus considered all fallen human beings as serpent poisoned.

As Satan's followers, they are Satan's sons, his seed, not by adoption but by birth (Matt. 3:7; 13:38; John 8:44; 1 John 3:10) .

So all fallen people have the serpentine nature and life. And they are used by Satan to persecute and fight against the woman's seed.

Serpent poisoned sinners may be thankfully redeemed to become part of the "woman" of all those who trust in God's salvation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 14

The Jehovah's Witness objects writing this:

No its not the New Jerusalem, for that is the bride of Christ, this woman is The Jerusalem above, 'our mother', as Paul sates, so you have it quite wrong and no its not from another angle, you made that up.

The question here is does Paul's words in Galatians about Jerusalem above being the mother of the new covenant believers somehow make it impossible that the same woman could be indicated in Revelation 12?

Sure she could be represented in more than one place.

The "Jerusalem above" has to be related to the New Jerusalem, which comes DOWN out of heaven from God.

" ... and I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God ..." ( Rev. 3:12b)

Jesus says the New Jerusalem descends "OUT of heaven" and His apostles says "Jerusalem ABOVE is free" .

Why then cannot the symbol be used in more than one place? Are there TWO Jerusalems above or one ? There is a Jerusalem on the earth. But the Jerusalem above is the New Jerusalem. It is not physical city. It is a symbol signifying the covenant of God which ends up as an eternal city.

City here means PEOPLE and not BULDINGS. The source of the eternal city New Jerusalem is out of heaven from God. And as Jesus was the Bread of Life which came down from heaven by way of incarnation in John 6, the New Jerusalem is the city salvation of transformed people coming down out of heaven by way of salvation.

"And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Rev. 21:2)

From one aspect Jerusalem above is the mother of the redeemed of Christ.
From another aspect Jerusalem above coming down is the Bride of Christ.

Revelation 12 about the universally bright woman stresses more the dependency of God's people upon God. In the Bible a woman means the weaker vessel. A man represents the less weak vessel (or stronger vessel).

The reason why the Woman in Revelation 12 has a Manchild is because within the whole body of God's people throughout the Bible there is always a minority or remnant which are stronger.

Jesus Christ being a man is he stronger part of all the people dependent upon God. But He is also the Head of the Body of Christ. So the Manchild is not restricted to the individual Jesus (who was God become a man dependent upon His Father as other men) but also this remnant, this collective stronger ones within the total body of God's people.

Think of the little army of overcomers under Gideon in the book of Judges. For the sake of the majority of God's people, God preserves a minority remnant who are stronger to involve in spiritual warfare.

The woman is "with child" . The child is within the woman. The stronger saints ready for spiritual warfare are within the whole larger body of God's saved people.

stop here.

rc

Moves
08 May 14

Originally posted by sonship
The Jehovah's Witness objects writing this:

The question here is does Paul's words in Galatians about Jerusalem above being the ...[text shortened]... dy for spiritual warfare are within the whole larger body of God's saved people.

stop here.
Sure she could be represented in more than one place.

but shes not, that's why the distinction is drawn in scripture between the New Jerusalem and the Jerusalem above, irrespective of what you fabricate. If Paul meant the New Jerusalem he would have said so.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 May 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Hello All Others,
Is this the 1st prophecy including Christ?

King James Version
==============
Genesis 3: 15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Yes, I believe it is. Christian theologians seem to all agree that this makes reference to the future virgin birth of the Savior of mankind, who will triumph over sin, death, and that old serpent, Satan the devil, by His crucifixion and resurrection.