1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 16:11
    Originally posted by sonship
    I agree. It may not be easy for our limited minds to comprehend. But this is what the Bible reveals.

I would like to open a thread on "The Trinity - an Advanced Talk" to move from the usual and elementary passages to deeper revelations of this nature of God in places where people may not usually consider.

I am afraid though that it will fall into ...[text shortened]... pologetics as Galveston, Rajk999, Robbie, and one or two others launch their typical objections.
    Please do. I'll sit back and watch it for awhile out of curiosity to see how you all play with scriptures to try and make the trinity work for your satisfaction.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 17:001 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Please do. I'll sit back and watch it for awhile out of curiosity to see how you all play with scriptures to try and make the trinity work for your satisfaction.
    I don't think I would be laboring on this for your sake.
    Amusing your rebellion would not be my intention whatever yours is.

Over the years I have put questions to you that I do not recall hearing replies to. It was "business and usual" evasion, if I recall correctly.

I'll give a try again:

If God dwells in the believer what possible additional need is there for the archangel Michael to dwell in the believer ?

Ie.
    "Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

If the Father Jehovah comes to make an abode in the lover of Christ, what further possible need is there for an archangel Michael to come with Jehovah ? For Jesus says "WE will come to him and make an abode with him."

If you do not answer but respond with some other argumentative interpretation of a completely different passage, I will know you cannot answer. And I do not expect for you to wait to let Robbie step in for you.

But I do not find it amusing.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 09:491 edit
    I don't think I would be laboring on this for your sake.
    Amusing your rebellion would not be my intention whatever yours is.

Over the years I have put questions to you that I do not recall hearing replies to. It was "business and usual" evasion, if I recall correctly.

I'll give a try again:

If God dwells in the believer what possible addi ...[text shortened]... I do not expect for you to wait to let Robbie step in for you.

But I do not find it amusing.
    You see galveston ? All you can do is ignore the question, apparently.

The entire Jehovah Witness "spirituality" pursuit is about outward things.
    That is a God out there.
    A kingdom out there.
    A government out there.
    A new earth out there.
    The material blessings of a kingdom age out there.

It only understands the purely objective nature of man's relationship with a Creator God of the Old Testament.

What you do not experience you say nothing about. And the Watchtower teachers try to dumb down everything in the New Testament to this objective and outward creature to Creator relationship.

The New Testament speaks much about the God who wants to enter into your innermost being. Watchtower rejects all that and bends everything around to sound like the Old Testament outward blessings.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 09:517 edits

That is a God out there.
    A kingdom out there.
    A government out there.
    A new earth out there.

It only understands the purely objective nature of man's relationship with a Creator God of the O ...[text shortened]... rejects all that and bends everything around to sound like the Old Testament outward blessings.

wow for someone who went running and hid when we were looking at the scriptures in their original languages begging off with 'i don't want to get into a grammatical discussion', this accusation reeks of hypocrisy. what i find upon my return is people beating up on the Gman, this thread is about the firstborn of all creation, not the Gman, not Jehovahs witnesses, not Galvestons inclination to answer your question or otherwise, but the Biblical term, the firstborn of all creation.

Your assertion of only an outward reality is nonsense and entirely typical of the kind of ignorant and prejudiced views that have become common place, unable to assail the logic of scripture, you fabricate these vain accusations as a reflection of the depth of your own spirituality. Why don't you look at yourself like the Christ indicated you should instead of pointing out the flaws in other people?

Here is your statement:

(Romans 12:2) And quit being fashioned after this system of things, but be transformed by making your mind over, that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

This according to you is not being practised by the Gman or Jehovahs witnesses, what evidence do you have?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree