1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 13:553 edits
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    No, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that software.
    LemonJello,

You wrote one Christian brother here this:

=============================
    I already said in the first post I wrote that I don't give a fig about your "salvation".
    =================================

Would that go for me also as Christian ?

If so I don't think you would care about my music.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 16:38
    Originally posted by jaywill
    LemonJello,

You wrote one Christian brother here this:

[b]=============================
    I already said in the first post I wrote that I don't give a fig about your "salvation".
    =================================

If so I don't think you would care about my music.[/b]

Yes, probably. Of course, I didn't meant that I don't care about knightmeister's interests and well-being. I meant that I don't care for the notion of "salvation" that many Christians throw around, particularly because it summons motivations that are deeply self-rooted and egoistic, not to mention that it rests on degrading assumptions regarding human nature. In general, I think knightmeister and his ilk misfire in what they take "salvation" to consist, and they perpetuate ignorance and suffering. They're basically poking at illusions with sticks. So if you too have some notion of "salvation" that rests predominantly in the sweet ever-lasting redemption from sinful nature; "I be washed clean in the da blood!!" type crap; then, sorry, I don't give a fig about your "salvation" either. That of course means that I don't care for your notion -- that's all.

Why would you take that as an indicator that I wouldn't care about your music? Music is very important to me, as a means of non-cognitive expression. I am sometimes very hard on certain propositional content; but I typically don't treat music as propositional in nature.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 09:324 edits
    [
    edited.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 16:01
    Originally posted by jaywill
    edited.
    Congrats to the Mod dude for his prompt reaction;

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree