1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Apr '18 21:49
    Not a deep subject but just want to see the thoughts here on Jesus after his resurrection. Was he flesh or was he a spirit?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Apr '18 22:35
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    Not a deep subject but just want to see the thoughts here on Jesus after his resurrection. Was he flesh or was he a spirit?
    I think Jesus answered that here :

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:36-39 KJV)
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Apr '18 23:38
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    [b]I think Jesus answered that here :

[i]And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I my ...[text shortened]... when the time came for that to happen. He didn't have to die again and again loose that human flesh.
    Yeah good points here. So it says they were frightened at first and that is because they didn't recognize him even though they were pretty sure who he was, which was Jesus. So he had to say what he said to calm them down because they knew he was really killed and was in the tomb. Plus there are other times in the Bible where angels also materialized into fleshly bodies in order to be able to have dealings with humans, even to the point of sitting down and having a meal with whom they were visiting. If they were only some whispy looking spirit being it could be an uneasy thing to behold.
    A few scriptures I think about are these where they all mention about Jesus and what he was after he was resurrected:
    The Bible says that Jesus “was put to death in the flesh but made alive [resurrected] in the spirit.”—1 Peter 3:18; Acts 13:34; 1 Corinthians 15:45; 2 Corinthians 5:16.
    So he was flesh 100% when he died but came back as a spirit, but one that could materialize if the need be just as angels have done in the past.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 00:13
    Was he flesh or was he a spirit?
    Not sure are you?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 00:35
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Not sure are you?
    Not at all. I know he was a spirit completely.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 00:41
    Yeah good points here. So it says they were frightened at first and that is because they didn't recognize him even though they were pretty sure who he was, which was Jesus. So he had to say what he said to calm them down because they knew he was really killed and was in the tomb. Plus there are other times in the Bible where angels also materialized int ...[text shortened]... as a spirit, but one that could materialize if the need be just as angels have done in the past.
    Ok .. does it make a difference to anything ?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 00:472 edits
    Christ arose both physically and was also transfigured into "a life giving Spirit" so that in resurrection He can indwell those who believe into Him and receive Him.

Christ in resurrection - both physical with a glorified body AND as the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit Who gives divine life to those who receive Him.

The Bible says that Jesus “was put to death in the flesh but made alive [resurrected] in the spirit.”—1 Peter 3:18;

Since it says that in this state he went and preached to the spirits confined in the region of death, to be made alive in spirit must pertain to the time in which He was physically dead.

" ... on the one hand being put to death in the flesh, but on the other, made alive in the Spirit;

IN WHICH ALSO ... He went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, who were formerly disobedient when the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark wasbeing prepared, ..." (1 Pet. 3:18b-20a Recovery Version)

I bold the words which are relevant to understanding WHAT took place while He was being made alive in the Spirit. It relates to activities done in Hades to disobedient angelic spirits who tried to derange the world in Noah's day.

Jesus, while He was physically dead, went to those spirits particularly confined in prison and proclaimed His victory to them before He resurrected out of death.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 00:505 edits

So he was flesh 100% when he died but came back as a spirit, but one that could materialize if the need be just as angels have done in the past.

Christ is resurrected as a man and is eternally a man - a God-man. He will never put off His humanity or become purely some "spirit-creature" of the Jehovah's Witness doctrine.

My thread on was Christ's Incarnation- Temporary or Eternal ? deals with this truth some.

https://www.chessatwork.com/forum/spirituality/incarnation--temporary-or-eternal.176185

"...the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

The Spirit of God had only divinity before the incarnation, death, and resurrection of Jesus. After His resurrection the man was lifted up and brought into the eternal Spirit. The last Adam BECAME a life giving Spirit to GIVE divine life from within to His believers. The eternal Spirit possesses both divinity and humanity.

Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit.

"And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom." (2 Cor. 3:17)

This explains why Romans locates Jesus Christ in TWO places (Rom. 8:10; 34) :

1.) At the right hand of God in the third heavens -

"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ Jesus who died and, rather, who was raised,

who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." (Rom. 8:34)

2.) And Christ is living in and indwelling within the believers.

"But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the [human] spirit is life because of righteousness." (Rom. 8:10)

Christ is physically sitting in Heaven at the right hand of God (Rom. 8:34). And Christ is living in those who received Christ as Lord and Savior. (Rom. 8:10) .
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 01:03
    Ok .. does it make a difference to anything ?
    No not really but just knowing the truth of the matter is a good thing to know.....
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 01:36
    No not really but just knowing the truth of the matter is a good thing to know.....
    Well for me truth is Christ.
    Christ answered the question and that is good enough for me.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 02:25
    Well for me truth is Christ.
    Christ answered the question and that is good enough for me.
    Then why do you disregard Christ’s sacrificial death? Why do you disregard His Resurrection? Why do you not think belief in Christ and His Resurrection are required for salvation? Why do you ignore Christ’s clear and clearly unambiguous statement in John 14:6 - “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” - when you make the absurd claim that atheists go to heaven?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 02:34
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Then why do you disregard Christ’s sacrificial death? Why do you disregard His Resurrection? Why do you not think belief in Christ and His Resurrection are required for salvation? Why do you ignore Christ’s clear and clearly unambiguous statement in John 14:6 - “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” - when you make the absurd claim that atheists go to heaven?
    Nobody goes to heaven.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 02:44
    Nobody goes to heaven.
    Ok, I’ll bite. Where do you think Christians go when they die?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 05:152 edits
    Galveston
    A few scriptures I think about are these where they all mention about Jesus and what he was after he was resurrected:
    The Bible says that Jesus “was put to death in the flesh but made alive [resurrected] in the spirit.”—1 Peter 3:18;

As explained, the words "in which He" indicate that First Peter 3:18[/b] is talking about activities done by Christ in Hades BEFORE His resurrection and not afterward.

" ... being put to death in the flesh, but on the other, made alive in the Spirit; in which He also went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison ..."

Certain particularly dangerous bad angels tried to corrupt the human race in the days of Noah. Christ proclaimed His total victory over all of Satan and their schemes while in Hades and before He rose from the dead ... "in which also" meaning in which state of being made alive in the Spirit.

Galveston:

Acts 13:34;

"And as to His having raised Him up from the dead, no longer to return to corruption, He spoke in this way, I will give you the holy things of David, the faithful things."

In short this verse DOES pertain to His being resurrected.
    But First Peter 3:18 is about Christ BEFORE returning from Hades.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 05:19
    Galveston:

1 Corinthians 15:45;

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit."

This passage is about Christ transfiguring Himself in His resurrection into the Spirit that GIVES God's life TO people.

This is also the life giving Spirit that Jesus said He would send as "Another Comforter" which was really Jesus Christ coming in another form to be IN His disciples.

"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you forever,

Even the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him;

but you know Him, because He abides with you AND SHALL BE IN YOU.

I will not leave you as orphans, I am coming to you." (John 14:16-18)

The "He" who is the Spirit of reality who will be with them forever (verse 17) suddenly becomes the "I" (Jesus Himself) who is coming TO them not leaving them as orphans.

" ... He abides with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you as orphans, I AM COMING TO YOU."

This is about the Trinity.
    This is about the Triune God.

The Comforter was WITH them.
    The Another Comforter is the FIRST Comforter in another form.

That form in which the FIRST Comforter will be IN them is the Holy Spirit, the Third of the Triune God - the "life giving Spirit" that the last Adam [Christ] became (1 Cor. 15:45)

He will not leaven them as orphans. He will come to them in another form. He will come to them to be with them for eternity - FOREVER.

" ... He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you forever.

Some would-be Bible teachers on this Forum have never been COMFORTED by the "another Comforter". And because of this they do not understand the COMFORT of those who can boldly declare that they know that they are with Jesus Christ, and that FOREVER.

The Comfort they do not understand because they have not received Him. In reality they are the "orphans". They are orphans not because Jesus was not faithful to them but because they are unbelieving concerning Jesus.

The Comforter is ready to come into them too.
    But because of bad teaching and twisting of Scripture they do not BELIEVE that Jesus Christ can come INTO them.

They opt instead to emphasize what they they they know about the Old Testament Jehovah. That Jehovah came as Jesus Christ. He was WITH the disciples. He promised to come in another form to be IN the disciples.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree