1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:092 edits
    Legendary Troll or significant forum contributor?

I'm not one for taking much notice of "likes" or "dislikes" except in unusual or extreme cases. Currently the much maligned FMF has 12 of the top 15 most recommended posts with over 70 "likes" or recommends from other posters.

And yet FMF probably gets more stick in here than any other poster; being called a troll, a fake, and all manner of other insults. seems to me he must be making some sense.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:22
    Originally posted by divegeester

I'm not one for taking much notice of "likes" or "dislikes" except in unusual or extreme cases. Currently the much maligned FMF has 12 of the top 15 most recommended posts with over 70 "likes" or recommends from other posters.

And yet FMF probably gets more stick in here than any other poster; bein ...[text shortened]... lled a troll, a fake, and all manner of other insults. seems to me he must be making some sense.
    Only when he agrees with you. 😏
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:40

And yet FMF probably gets more stick in here than any other poster; bein ...[text shortened]... lled a troll, a fake, and all manner of other insults. seems to me he must be making some sense.
    He seems cool, smart enough and fairminded... kind of guy I could have a few beers with and carry on an interesting conversation.

I remember once I started a thread on being a Good Samaritan and many Christians said or implied that it was not necessary while many atheists or agnostics [like FMF] responded in the positive much the way Christ would appreciate. So no .. not a troll in my opinion.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:46

threads about a specific forum poster are low. uncool. one might even say harsher adjectives. about how uncool they are.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:48
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    He seems cool, smart enough and fairminded... kind of guy I could have a few beers with and carry on an interesting conversation.

I remember once I started a thread on being a Good Samaritan and many Christians said or implied that it was not necessary while many atheists or agnostics [like FMF] responded in the positive much the way Christ would appreciate. So no .. not a troll in my opinion.
    FMF's posting here does not fit the profile of an internet troll by any means. However the term "legendary troll" was penned several years ago on an alternative to Wikipedia site which name escapes me; anyway, someone had written a blog on the exploits and characters of mid period of RHP (around 2005/6 I believe). FMF was labelled then as the "legendary troll" of RHP who prowled the debates forum.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:54
    Some posters here think a troll is someone who disagrees with you more than once.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 22:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    threads about a specific forum poster are low. uncool. one might even say harsher adjectives. about how uncool they are.
    "One" might say that where you come from.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 02:12

Why put labels on anyone?

I fail to understand the demonization and glorification of certain posters on this site.

Guess what, everyone's poo stinks.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 05:471 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why put labels on anyone?

I fail to understand the demonization and glorification of certain posters on this site.

Guess what, everyone's poo stinks.
    "Demonisation"..."glorification"? Isn't the former what you do to Republicans and in particular Mr Obama?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 06:05
    FMF's posting here does not fit the profile of an internet troll by any means. However the term "legendary troll" was penned several years ago on an alternative to Wikipedia site which name escapes me; anyway, someone had written a blog on the exploits and characters of mid period of RHP (around 2005/6 I believe). FMF was labelled then as the "legendary troll" of RHP who prowled the debates forum.
    Now he is prowling the Spirituality Forum. 😏
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 10:33
    "Demonisation"..."glorification"? Isn't the former what you do to Republicans and in particular Mr Obama?
    Obama is a Republican? It would not surprise me.

Those in political office need no demonization. They do a fine job without me. 😵
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 12:011 edit

He has a level head, which is probably the reason he gets so many thumbs up.

Certainly not a troll.

*Edit. - Just an observation, but trolls tend to have lumpy rather than level heads. (Generally speaking).
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 12:04
    "One" might say that where you come from.
    one might thus prove to be incredibly ignorant.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 16:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama is a Republican? It would not surprise me.

Those in political office need no demonization. They do a fine job without me. 😵
    ha-ha yeah i screwed that post up big time!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 16:56
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    one might thus prove to be incredibly ignorant.
    Relax. Threads about posters start quite frequently for various reasons. The only thing "uncool" here is you being a massive tool about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree