1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:52
    Originally posted by @chaney3

You are a hypocrite!!
    I was wondering about how faith works. How can you not recognize what you are doing. Let's make stuff up!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:55
    Attn: Dive,

Please don't barge into this thread to defend your pal.

He is guilty.

He is a former Christian, who's only purpose is to criticize current Christians.

He is a hypocrite, and you Dive are weak for kissing his butt.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:57
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I was wondering about how faith works. How can you not recognize what you are doing. Let's make stuff up!
    You are a freakin moron, and your druggie posts never make sense.

Go the f#ck away jerkoff.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 04:09
    What is a Christian?

A title? That can easily be removed by FMF?

No more love? No more belief?

Just give it all up? Then mock other believers?

That's exactly what FMF does.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 04:151 edit
    What is a Christian?

A title? That can easily be removed by FMF?

No more love? No more belief?

Just give it all up? Then mock other believers?

That's exactly what FMF does.
    A Christian is someone who believes certain things about the identity and significance of Jesus and certain things about themselves and their purpose and destiny as a direct result.

These are based on the evidence provided by the Bible and t5he beliefs are dependent on someone finding the Bible's evidence credible. So, in these terms, I am not a Christian.

If you do not like the way I engage religious people in debate and discussion, that is a matter for you and you alone. One person's dissent and disagreement may be another person's "mockery". But I am not responsible for your perceptions on that.

No matter how many times you complain about it or start threads about it, I enjoy the engagement - have done for upwards of a decade ~ and will not be giving up anytime soon.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 04:21
    Originally posted by @fmf
    A Christian is someone who believes certain things about the identity and significance of Jesus and certain things about themselves and their purpose and destiny as a direct result.

These are based on the evidence provided by the Bible and t5he beliefs are dependent on someone finding the Bible's evidence credible. So, in these terms, I am not a Christian. ...[text shortened]... joy the engagement - have done for upwards of a decade ~ and will not be giving up anytime soon.
    You are a hypocrite, and should NOT be posting here.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 04:26
    You are a hypocrite, and should NOT be posting here.
    Am I a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that I do not actually possess, or am I a person whose actions belie my stated beliefs? No, I am not.

Am I a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, or more especially, am I someone whose private life, opinions, or statements belie my public statements? You are not in a position to know. But I can tell you, no, I am not.

So on what basis are you claiming I am a hypocrite?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 04:28
    What is a Christian? A title?
    I'd say being a Christian is more than a 'title'. A Christian is someone who believes certain things about the identity and significance of Jesus and certain things about themselves and their purpose and destiny as a direct result. These are based on the evidence provided by the Bible and the beliefs are dependent on someone finding the Bible's evidence credible. Can we agree on this much, at least?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 04:43
    I'd say being a Christian is more than a 'title'. A Christian is someone who believes certain things about the identity and significance of Jesus and certain things about themselves and their purpose and destiny as a direct result. These are based on the evidence provided by the Bible and the beliefs are dependent on someone finding the Bible's evidence credible. Can we agree on this much, at least?
    We can agree, when you fully explain why you felt it was okay to discard God and Jesus.

Then, after discarding them, you berate anyone who STILL believes what you casually dumped.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 04:53
    We can agree, when you fully explain why you felt it was okay to discard God and Jesus.
    I lost my belief in the Bible as a credible source. I could no longer sustain by belief in the things Christians claim based on it. That's the extent of the explanation that you're going to get. I don't see why whether or not you agree with my definition of a Christian depends on me giving you that answer. Doesn't make sense. You either agree or you don't.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 04:57
    Then, after discarding them, you berate anyone who STILL believes what you casually dumped.
    "Casually"? Not sure what you are on about.

As I said earlier, one person's "engage" through dissent and disagreement may be another person's "berate". I am not responsible for how you perceive the contributions people make to discussions here, including your own.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 05:01
    I lost my belief in the Bible as a credible source. I could no longer sustain by belief in the things Christians claim based on it. That's the extent of the explanation that you're going to get. I don't see why whether or not you agree with my definition of a Christian depends on me giving you that answer. Doesn't make sense. You either agree or you don't.
    You lost your belief in the Bible, I understand that.

But, God speaks to the heart.

You, FMF, are one of US, who knows God is there, but cannot explain Him.

Or are you an atheist now?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 05:071 edit
    You, FMF, are one of US, who knows God is there, but cannot explain Him.
    No, I think that is an inaccurate description of me. I'd more or less describe myself as an agnostic atheist [as poster googlefudge used to define it - see his profile... which one of those are you?]. The way I see it, I am unaware of any revelation by god or gods and do not find credible the claims of those who say supernatural beings have communicated instructions - and details of punishments and rewards - to them. Therefore I am a non-Christian, a non-religionist. I think agnostic atheist hits the spot.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 05:07
    You lost your belief in the Bible, I understand that.
    So what is this 'hypocrisy' that you supposedly detect? Or perhaps you don't really know what the word means?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 05:38
    FMF, you were a Christian, but decided to reject your 'supposed' faith.

Your current posts are biased in a wrong way, because you attack a "God figure" who you once claimed to love.

You once believed in the Bible and 'God', and now you attack both at every opportunity.

You are a hypocrite!!
    Originaly posted by chaney3 on 22nd May 2015
    I have always considered myself a Christian.

Thread 164236 page 1, last post on the page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree