1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:08
    FMF, you were a Christian, but decided to reject your 'supposed' faith.

Your current posts are biased in a wrong way, because you attack a "God figure" who you once claimed to love.

You once believed in the Bible and 'God', and now you attack both at every opportunity.

You are a hypocrite!!
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:263 edits
    Originally posted by @chaney3

Your current posts are biased in a wrong way, because you attack a "God figure" who you once claimed to love.

You once believed in the Bible and 'God', and now you attack both at every opportunity.

You are a hypocrite!!
    from dictionary.com:

1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Note that both X and Y have to be simultaneous in order to fit the definition.
    "I once was lost, but now I'm found" is a valid pair of statements, as is the reverse. A lot of us were once labelled "Christian" as children simply because our parents thought we should be. That doesn't invalidate a different idea formed in adulthood.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:29

You are a hypocrite!!
    What is it you want to discuss? I lost my belief in the credibility of the Bible and in the claims Christians make about Jesus, and about themselves, based on its contents. So I stopped self-identifying as a Christian. I post here as a non-Christian. I stand by every single word I have ever posted on this forum. I don't see how there is any hypocrisy on my part.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:30
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    from dictionary.com:

1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her pub ...[text shortened]... our parents thought we should be. That doesn't invalidate a different idea formed in adulthood.
    FMF was NOT a child forced to believe from parents. He believed as an adult. Then he rejected.

Your post is wrong.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:32
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    from dictionary.com:

2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
    The word "hypocrisy" gets misused all the time on this forum. It seems to be a much misunderstood idea.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:33
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What is it you want to discuss? I lost my belief in the credibility of the Bible and in the claims Christians make about Jesus, and about themselves, based on its contents. So I stopped self-identifying as a Christian. I post here as a non-Christian. I stand by every single word I have ever posted on this forum. I don't see how there is any hypocrisy on my part.
    You post here with venom, as from a viper.

You are angry about your past belief, as if deceived.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:35

You seem to be using the word "hypocrisy" incorrectly. I have never espoused any Christian beliefs or claims on this forum ~ about which I have then been hypocritical. I have always posted as the non-believer/non-Christian that I am.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:36
    No, I don't feel deceived. And I have nothing but happy memories of being a Christian. I still live among Christians. There is no anger at all. My life's journey in that respect has not been characterized by angst or anger in any way.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:37

You should read your posts from the chair I'm sitting in if you want to talk about venom.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:39
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You seem to be using the word "hypocrisy" incorrectly. I have never espoused any Christian beliefs or claims on this forum ~ about which I have then been hypocritical. I have always posted as the non-believer/non-Christian that I am.
    You are wrong.

Unlike Ghost, who has always been an atheist, you have been a Christian. You supposedly loved God and Jesus at some point.

That makes you a hypocrite, badly.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:41
    Note that both X and Y have to be simultaneous in order to fit the definition.
    No. They all aim at something.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You should read your posts from the chair I'm sitting in if you want to talk about venom.
    I recall how you and I had long, long discussions about my loss of faith and then, all of a sudden, because you supported the right of JWs to let their children die for reasons of religious principle (no blood transfusions etc.) without interference from the government ~ and I didn't ~ you stopped talking to me. Perhaps there is some silent venom circulating in your veins too. 😉
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    KellyJay, don't make me break out my can of whoop asss.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:44
    You are wrong.

Unlike Ghost, who has always been an atheist, you have been a Christian. You supposedly loved God and Jesus at some point.

That makes you a hypocrite, badly.
    What definition of "hypocrite" are you using? I post as a non-believer. If I was somehow posting as if I were a believer while actually being a non-believer, or something like that, then perhaps there would be hypocritical things that I might say. Otherwise, I think you've got the wrong word. I say what I mean, I mean what I say, and I stand by what I say. There is no hypocrisy.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:471 edit
    But I am not a Christian, chaney3. And I [already] wasn't one when you started reading my contributions here. So which of my posts ~ all of which have been submitted as a non-Christian, and under no Christian pretence whatsoever ~ do you think have been hypocritical?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree