1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 May '12 06:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The earth was flooded, but the polar ice caps remained in place.
    However, I believe Noah was told to gather at least a pair of every kind of animal. But then maybe penguins are part of 'bird kind' and therefore didn't exist in Noahs day but evolved since then from the two chickens Noah had.
    Don't forget that Noah's flood happened ~4400 years ago and evolution is not allowed. 😛

And if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to sneak some heresy in by implying that the flood was not truly world-wide. It was 15 cubits higher than the top of the tallest mountain! It totally covered both polar ice caps even if they DID remain in place.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '12 06:48
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Don't forget that Noah's flood happened ~4400 years ago and evolution is not allowed. 😛
    Its called 'adaptation' and it is allowed even if it happens faster than evolution because God helps it along. 🙂

And if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to sneak some heresy in by implying that the flood was not truly world-wide. It was 15 cubits higher than the top of the tallest mountain! It totally covered both polar ice caps even if they DID remain in place.
    Don't you know that ice floats?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 May '12 07:33
    Its called 'adaptation' and it is allowed even if it happens faster than evolution because God helps it along. 🙂

[b]And if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to sneak some heresy in by implying that the flood was not truly world-wide. It was 15 cubits higher than the top of the tallest mountain! It totally covered both polar ice caps even if they DID remain in place.

Don't you know that ice floats?[/b]
    There is no record written before the flood of Noah's day that mentions ice being on the earth. There are many theories about ice ages but nothing more.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '12 12:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is no record written before the flood of Noah's day that mentions ice being on the earth. There are many theories about ice ages but nothing more.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age
    Well the whole story is hogwash anyway. The only time there was a world wide flood was about 700 million years ago when an ice age covered the whole Earth in ice which lasted several million years or more. I think they showed volcanoes tipped the balance back to liquid water after that, then of course the wild weather swings producing ice ages that covered maybe half the planet a dozen times or so over the last 10 million years and that only stopped about 10,000 years ago when the huge ocean current pattern we see today evened out the weather. Before 10K years ago, the weather was really chaotic, one century way hot, the next way cold and it went that way for a few million years, but with the advent of the ocean currents of today, all that smoothed out and there hasn't been an ice age for at least 10,000 years.

Of course I already know you think all that is bullocks but that is your problem not mine. They have traced the weather patterns in the ice packs and can see the variations from year to year and it is clear that weather 20,000 years ago was wild and uncontrolled, then it settled down 10K years ago. Clear as a bell in the ice cap data.

And of course you don't believe that, with is again, your problem not ours. It's all part of the giant conspiracy to kill Christianity.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 May '12 15:22

[b]And if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to sneak some heresy in by implying that the flood was not truly world-wide. It was 15 cubits higher than the top of the tallest mountain! It totally covered both polar ice caps even if they DID remain in place.

Don't you know that ice floats?[/b]
    That's a lie of the devil! The ice is built on foundational pillars just like the Bible says!

Next you'll tell me that some of the Eskimos escaped God's wrath by floating around on the ice caps. Could those evil bastards really outsmart God so easily? Blasphemy!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 May '12 00:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well the whole story is hogwash anyway. The only time there was a world wide flood was about 700 million years ago when an ice age covered the whole Earth in ice which lasted several million years or more. I think they showed volcanoes tipped the balance back to liquid water after that, then of course the wild weather swings producing ice ages that covered ...[text shortened]... is again, your problem not ours. It's all part of the giant conspiracy to kill Christianity.
    The evolutionist pick what they want to believe and make their calculation come out to support their beliefs. None of the methods used to determine these long periods of time are valid for that purpose because there are too many assumptions made. Creationists can use different assuptions and get calculations that prove a young Earth and a young universe.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 May '12 08:35
    Geology and the Global Flood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=45ykX7us0kY&NR=1

Evidence of Noah's flood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGeULHljDn8&feature=related

Worldwide Geologic Evidence of the Flood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBVsSAC48TQ&feature=related
    "we have to use our flood glasses to understand the flood evidence"
    YouTube&feature=related
  8. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 May '12 10:13
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "we have to use our flood glasses to understand the flood evidence"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGeULHljDn8&feature=related
    He actually says this 25 seconds in!

"Actually, there's powerful evidence, if we open our eyes, we gotta use our flood glasses to look at it and you know something? You see it all over the place."

Paraphrasing: "If we want to see it as supporting a worldwide flood then we have to use a special filter to find stuff that agrees with what we think. Just ignore anything else"

--- Penguin
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 May '12 10:15
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    That's a lie of the devil! The ice is built on foundational pillars just like the Bible says!

Next you'll tell me that some of the Eskimos escaped God's wrath by floating around on the ice caps. Could those evil bastards really outsmart God so easily? Blasphemy!
    Well of course my ice caps idea won't work because the Bible clearly states that Noah was to "bring into the ark" "two of every kind of bird" (Genesis 6:20)

Also I find this interesting:
    Genesis 6:17
    "I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. "

Makes you wonder about water animals and plants. Do they not have 'the breath of life' in them?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 May '12 10:22
    Originally posted by Penguin
    He actually says this 25 seconds in!

"Actually, there's powerful evidence, if we open our eyes, [b]we gotta use our flood glasses to look at it
    and you know something? You see it all over the place."

Paraphrasing: "If we want to see it as supporting a worldwide flood then we have to use a special filter to find stuff that agrees with what we think. Just ignore anything else"

--- Penguin[/b]
    at least they both wear suits.

rj posted many times "proofs" made by dude in pajamas who used highly professional napkins to show awesome diagrams they drew themselves.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 May '12 15:24
    Well of course my ice caps idea won't work because the Bible clearly states that Noah was to "bring into the ark" "two of every kind of bird" (Genesis 6:20)

"I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on ear ...[text shortened]... u wonder about water animals and plants. Do they not have 'the breath of life' in them?
    Obviously, God would not lie, so there let's say there was a massive underwater swirling effect that ripped out all the water plants and killed them, and the water was poison water, so the fish all died. Of course, this means there were terrariums and aquariums on the ark, but hey, it's a big boat. 🙂
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 May '12 17:38

"I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on ear ...[text shortened]... u wonder about water animals and plants. Do they not have 'the breath of life' in them?
    Fish and other animals that can live under water with no need to take in a breath of oxygen are not included. Also, since plants produce seed that does not need to breath in oxygen they would not be included. God is mainly concerned with destroying the humans that think of evil constantly.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '12 19:41
    Fish and other animals that can live under water with no need to take in a breath of oxygen are not included. Also, since plants produce seed that does not need to breath in oxygen they would not be included. God is mainly concerned with destroying the humans that think of evil constantly.
    Ok, so you have an omnipotent god, gets totally pissed at humanity and therefore goes about setting up a flood that destroys humans PLUS all the animals that weren't saved on the Ark?

Why didn't this omnipotent god just kill those pesky bad humans and just leave Noah and his family and then wouldn't have had to kill all those billions of animals on the planet? You do realize your god would have destroyed a thousand times as many animals as there were humans on the planet at that time, right? Why would an elephant in Africa have to be killed to make a point about bad humans?

Sounds like a totally insane god if you ask me. Bonkers. Especially since it could have just targeted the couple million bad humans and just made them have a heart attack or something, every one, simultaneously. A god could have easily done that. Instead, he wipes out all the land animals too?

You have to be bonkers yourself to believe that shyte.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 May '12 21:15
    salt water fish cannot live in sweet water. and neither can sweet water fish live in the oceans

carnivorous animals cannot live on herbivore food. and their diet would rot on that ship in the year or so it's supposed to have been afloat.
    some reptiles require their food to be alive otherwise they cannot eat it.

Koalas, for example, require eucalyptus leaves, and silkworms eat nothing but mulberry leaves.
    Aphids, in fact, are physically incapable of sucking from wilted leaves.

"Also, since plants produce seed that does not need to breath in oxygen they would not be included."
    this is freakin retarded. Some mangroves, coconuts, and other coastal species have seed which could be expected to survive the Flood itself but the rest would be destroyed if submerged in water for a week, let alone a year. i think most 5 year olds would know that.

How did sensitive marine life such as coral survive? Since most coral are found in shallow water, the turbidity created by the runoff from the land would effectively cut them off from the sun. The silt covering the reef after the rains were over would kill all the coral. By the way, the rates at which coral deposits calcium are well known, and some highly mature reefs (such a the great barrier) have been around for millions of years to be deposited to their observed thickness.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 May '12 21:18
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ok, so you have an omnipotent god, gets totally pissed at humanity and therefore goes about setting up a flood that destroys humans PLUS all the animals that weren't saved on the Ark?

Why didn't this omnipotent god just kill those pesky bad humans and just leave Noah and his family and then wouldn't have had to kill all those billions of animals on the ...[text shortened]... ipes out all the land animals too?

You have to be bonkers yourself to believe that shyte.
    you don't get it. EVERYONE was evil. including the children. including the mentally challenged (who wouldn't know right from wrong)

it is retarded to assume that even the entire population of jericho or sodom or gomorrah would be entirely evil. let alone the whole population of the earth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree