1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 May '12 04:20
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    plants and fish that live under water [b]do need oxygen.[/b]
    I understand they can get oxygen from the water. Water also contains oxygen as well as hydrogen.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 May '12 04:32
    Originally posted by Dasa
    After the critics (all atheistic) criticized the book "Forbidden Archeology".......there was another book produced called "Forbidden Archeology the Impact" - and this book was in response to all the baseless criticism.

Did you read it? (rhetorical question.)

The book ""Forbidden Archeology the Impact" answered every criticism and highlighted the fact ...[text shortened]... lity forum]

You are disgraceful - to be so deliberately irresponsible with your words.
    Here is one review on Forbidden archaeology's impact:

http://ncse.com/rncse/19/3/review-forbidden-archaeologys-impact
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 May '12 04:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I understand they can get oxygen from the water. Water also contains oxygen as well as hydrogen.
    Actually, they get oxygen from the atmosphere. They could only get O2 from water if they could somehow do electrolysis on the water. But of course you knew that, right.
    If there was no mixture of oxygen in the atmosphere in water, fish would die of asphyxiation.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    28 May '12 05:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Here is one review on Forbidden archaeology's impact:

http://ncse.com/rncse/19/3/review-forbidden-archaeologys-impact
    it might make some good science fiction reading. when it comes to wacky alternate theories, i prefer immanuel velikovsky and zecharia sitchin.

i think one of them got pretty sour at critical reviews as well. can't remember which one.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 May '12 05:301 edit
    it might make some good science fiction reading. when it comes to wacky alternate theories, i prefer immanuel velikovsky and zecharia sitchin.

i think one of them got pretty sour at critical reviews as well. can't remember which one.
    Ah yes, good old Immanuel! I used to live on the road to Mt. Palomar (went to Palomar College, my grandma had a business called Palomar cleaners, etc🙂
    anyway, I am driving to Palomar College one day and on the road down the mountain, I saw a sign on a mailbox, Velikovsky, Immanuel. Well I was intrigued. So one day I stopped in and lo and behold it was THAT Velikovsky. He talked about listening on the frequency of exactly 168 megacycles (instead of present usage of megahertz, no big deal) and you will hear, and I quote: "The music of the spheres'' unquote. He also said he helped NASA with one of it's first satellites, making a high voltage power supply, 100,000 volts that fit into a box about the size of a cigar box and he helped solve some engineering problems NASA had with early satellites. What he didn't know was I had been a ham for about 10 years even at the age of 21 and regularly talked on the 2 meter ham band, 144 to 148 mhz, and had access to radios that would cover that 168 Mhz he talked about. I was to say the least, somewhat suspicious of him, and further research pretty much proved him to be a nutcase.

Years later, I got a job at Varian Ion implant division and took some physics courses having to do with ion implanters from a scientist named Ray Callahan, in Gloucster Ma, up near the end of state Rte 128, and found out HE was the one who built that 100,000 volt ps for that early satellite, it was used to charge an antenna sticking out of the satellite to ionize whatever atmosphere was around in its orbit. Ray built that power supply at the age of 19, and now has a Phd in high voltage engineering. Retired now. I spoke to him a few weeks ago and he is developing very high value insulation with his house as the lab.

So that was my big meeting with the famous Velikovsky.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 May '12 06:11
    Actually, they get oxygen from the atmosphere. They could only get O2 from water if they could somehow do electrolysis on the water. But of course you knew that, right.
    If there was no mixture of oxygen in the atmosphere in water, fish would die of asphyxiation.
    A worldwide flood would not prevent that. So another argument bites the dust.

YouTube
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 May '12 13:34
    A worldwide flood would not prevent that. So another argument bites the dust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsJcg-g1pg
    What argument? I was not using that in a refutation of YEC, I was pointing out that oxygen in water, in the oceans, lakes, rivers, streams, etc., all come from the atmosphere, it has to mix O2 that way or fish would die. Some places on Earth has algal blooms that suck out the O2 and fish die there.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 May '12 13:49
    What argument? I was not using that in a refutation of YEC, I was pointing out that oxygen in water, in the oceans, lakes, rivers, streams, etc., all come from the atmosphere, it has to mix O2 that way or fish would die. Some places on Earth has algal blooms that suck out the O2 and fish die there.
    Alrighty then. Let's just agree that the overwhelming evidence suggests a worldwide flood and therefore the YEC viewpoint best fits the FACT, JACK!
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 May '12 14:42
    Alrighty then. Let's just agree that the overwhelming evidence suggests a worldwide flood and therefore the YEC viewpoint best fits the [b]FACT, JACK![/b]
    Sure, like that will ever happen. NOT.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 May '12 04:40
    Alrighty then. Let's just agree that the overwhelming evidence suggests a worldwide flood and therefore the YEC viewpoint best fits the [b]FACT, JACK![/b]
    hehe. no it doesn't, douche. a world wide flood high enough to cover the tallest mountains would kill most land based and ocean based plant and animal life on earth, only micro organisms would survive.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 May '12 04:44
    Ah yes, good old Immanuel! I used to live on the road to Mt. Palomar (went to Palomar College, my grandma had a business called Palomar cleaners, etc🙂
    anyway, I am driving to Palomar College one day and on the road down the mountain, I saw a sign on a mailbox, Velikovsky, Immanuel. Well I was intrigued. So one day I stopped in and lo and behold it was THA ...[text shortened]... lation with his house as the lab.

hehe. that's pretty wacky. you met the V man. wow. i didn't know he claimed to have helped nasa. he probably believed it too.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '12 05:11
    hehe. no it doesn't, douche. a world wide flood high enough to cover the tallest mountains would kill most land based and ocean based plant and animal life on earth, only micro organisms would survive.
    I have already presented the evidence that the mountains were not that high before the flood. It was after the flood the the mountains rose and the valleys sank and most of the waters receded to the lower valleys in the sea and other water evaporated due to the sun.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '12 05:15
    anyway, I am driving to Palomar College one day and on the road down the mountain, I saw a sign on a mailbox, Velikovsky, Immanuel. Well I was intrigued. So one day I stopped in and lo and behold it was THA ...[text shortened]... lation with his house as the lab.

Too bad he doesn't know anything about evolution.
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 May '12 06:34
    I have already presented the evidence that the mountains were not that high before the flood. It was after the flood the the mountains rose and the valleys sank and most of the waters receded to the lower valleys in the sea and other water evaporated due to the sun.
    you didn't present evidence. you presented wacky fallacies and absurd claims.
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 May '12 06:34
    Too bad he doesn't know anything about evolution.
    that makes two of you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree