1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 00:111 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    1) The vast majority of "unbelievers" do not believe God is real simply because of a lack of evidence, yet you have claimed otherwise.

So you say, who are you? Do you claim to be wiser than Jesus?
    John 3:19-21
    And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil do not know how to make your comments bold, so please bear with me.
    FAQ

Then see: How can I format my text when writing forum posts or messages?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 01:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    FAQ

Then see: How can I format my text when writing forum posts or messages?
    Thanks RJ 🙂
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 14:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But these are [b]not spiritual matters. And you have refused to communicate with me because you are wrong, and you know you are wrong - said another way: you lied, you got caught, you can't bring yourself to admit it.[/b]
    Hyperbole much?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 14:58
    And I only hope you manage to throw off your delusions and learn to be a little bit more honest with yourself and others. I know you think your lying for Jesus, but thats practically a self contradiction right there.
    Get a grip.

I know you got all insulted when he said your mind was corrupted, but good lord, who cares? Christians in this forum take your abuse daily, and they have the, ahem, 'intestinal fortitude' to suck it up and drive on because they know you have no clue what you're talking about.

So please, do the same and grow up and drop it. You only continue to showcase your crybaby side by continuing to harangue him over it. Most people here would have blown him off and forgotten about it by now.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 16:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Get a grip.

I know you got all insulted when he said your mind was corrupted, but good lord, who cares? Christians in this forum take your abuse daily, and they have the, ahem, 'intestinal fortitude' to suck it up and drive on because they know you have no clue what you're talking about.

So please, do the same and grow up and drop it. You only conti ...[text shortened]... rangue him over it. Most people here would have blown him off and forgotten about it by now.
    Even so, I did answer him on page 22...
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 16:50
    Even so, I did answer him on page 22...
    Yes, you said I was haughty, arrogant or on drugs. You didn't of course actually admit to your lies nor attempt to defend them. Instead you made a new claim which you again, do not justify, and again try to support with the claim that anyone who doesn't agree with you is at fault.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 16:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I know you got all insulted when he said your mind was corrupted, but good lord, who cares?
    I don't really care about the insults, I am used to it by now, you've been at it for weeks. I do care when someone uses it as an argument, because I love a good debate and if people try to cheat as he did, I catch them at it.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 18:023 edits
    Yes, you said I was haughty, arrogant or on drugs. You didn't of course actually admit to your lies nor attempt to defend them. Instead you made a new claim which you again, do not justify, and again try to support with the claim that anyone who doesn't agree with you is at fault.
    😵
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 22:27
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Do you imagine your deity looking at it thusly:

"I could use my all-knowingness to speak the answer to Dirac's question into the ear of checkbaiter, and thereby save Dirac from Hellfire. But I hate it when people try to test my existence, so off to Hell Dirac shall go."

What does your sense of justice and goodness tell you to think about a deity who would behave that way?
    No, you are trying to pass this off as God's problem, my problem, or someone else. The problem is you. God will prove Himself to you or anyone who sincerely wants to know. It is His promise. Take Him up on it. I have taken the liberty to insert this article which may help you....

God will prove Himself

Ultimately, whether or not you believe the Bible is up to you. If you diligently seek God, you will find Him. When God makes a promise, you can bet He will keep it. Scripture is clear that if you seek, you will find (Deut. 4:29). Of course, “seek” means seek, and God responds to a serious and diligent effort (Prov. 2:1-6; Matt. 7:7-11). There are millions of Christians on the earth, and each of them has a different story of how he or she came to the faith. History is filled with glowing testimonies of people who sought for the Lord Jesus Christ and whose lives have been touched and changed by him.

You do not need to be “down and out” to find God. All He requires is that you genuinely want to know Him. God and the things of God will not become clear to you if you examine them from a distance as if you were considering some object in a store window you were thinking of purchasing. People who remain distant or just want to know about God so they can “decide” whether to believe and obey Him will never learn the truth about Him. God created the heavens and the earth, and He made the rules. We are God’s creation; He is not our creation. Many people wonder if the Bible is really God’s Word. Jesus Christ gave us clear instructions on how to find out for ourselves if God’s Word is true:

John 7:17
    If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

This verse is very clear: the key to knowing God is choosing to do His will. As you begin to obey God, He will reveal Himself and His Word to you. Once you begin to seek and obey God, things about Him that were unclear become very understandable. God designed things such that obedience is the great key to knowing Him.

John 14:21
    Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.

Please closely observe the wording in the above verse. When someone loves God and obeys Him, then God reveals Himself. But that is not what skeptics and doubters want. They want God to show Himself so they can examine Him and make up their minds whether He is acceptable or not (Matt. 12:38 and 39). Well, the skeptics and doubters did not make the rules. God is the Living God, and He is also the Loving God. He wants a relationship with people, but, like us humans, He wants a relationship with those who honor Him and believe Him. He will not “show up to be examined” by the skeptic. Skeptics often laugh at believers and call them gullible, naive, wishful thinkers, easily fooled, etc., because they do not see or understand what the believer does. This is not new. Christ spoke very openly about the fact that people who do not belong to God cannot “hear” the truth. He told the Pharisees who did not believe in him they could not hear him because they did not belong to God:

John 8:47
    He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you [Pharisees] do not hear is that you do not belong to God.

The critic and the skeptic will never “hear” the words of God. God’s wisdom is for the seeker and the believer. To others it is foolishness, and the Bible is very clear about that:

1 Corinthians 2:14
    The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

There are a lot of reasons to accept the Bible as the truth. However, to the skeptic, the idea that “all Scripture is God-breathed...” (2 Tim. 3:16a) is foolishness, and so are the miracles, healings, prophecies, and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Scripture tells us these things will be foolishness to the unbeliever, so we should not be surprised when the skeptics doubt. If you are a skeptic, I urge you to begin to diligently seek God and start obeying His commands. The first step toward really understanding the things of God, and the most important step anyone can take, is to get saved and receive God’s gift of everlasting life. Because salvation is the first step most people take toward God, He has made the instructions clear and the way easy:

Romans 10:9
    That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Salvation is of the utmost importance, so we must be sure we understand God’s instructions. To be saved, you must confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord. What does that mean? It means you say what the Bible clearly declares; that Jesus is Lord, i.e., he is the Son of God who died for your sins, was raised from the dead and highly exalted to the right hand of God. Have you ever said, “Jesus is Lord”? Why not say it right now? Just say, “Jesus is Lord.”

Once you have said that Jesus is Lord, Romans 10:9 says you are to believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. This is not difficult to do if you believe in God. If God can create entire galaxies, then surely He can give life to a dead body. Once you have confessed with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believed in your heart God raised him from the dead, you are saved. Salvation is very easy to attain because God wants everyone to be saved (1 Tim. 2:4).

When Paul was teaching in the city of Philippi, he was thrown into prison. A jailer asked him the most important question any human could ask: “...What must I do to be saved?” (Acts 16:30). Paul’s answer was short and to the point: “...Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved...” (Acts 16:31). The same is as true for you and me as it was for that jailer over 2,000 years ago. If you believe in the living Lord, Jesus Christ, you will be saved. [40] Then, as you begin to obey the commands of God and seek Him, you will find Him.
  10. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 22:58
    No, you are trying to pass this off as God's problem, my problem, or someone else. The problem is you. God will prove Himself to you or anyone who sincerely wants to know. It is His promise. Take Him up on it. I have taken the liberty to insert this article which may help you....

God will prove Himself

Ultimately, whether or not you believe the Bib ...[text shortened]... be saved. [40] Then, as you begin to obey the commands of God and seek Him, you will find Him.
    Are we to believe by what you are saying that no Jews or Buddhists or Muslims
    will be saved because they don't believe in Jesus?

Is that the bottom line there?

Those guys all think they have the right religion.

How do you know you are not wrong?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 23:40
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Are we to believe by what you are saying that no Jews or Buddhists or Muslims
    will be saved because they don't believe in Jesus?

Is that the bottom line there?

Those guys all think they have the right religion.

How do you know you are not wrong?
    If you read the post your answer is there...
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 02:36
    Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.
    I know someone whose Baptist minister and the minister's son were killed in a car wreck. Do any of the following appeal to you?

1. The minister and his son could not have been TRUE Christians.
    2. That WAS God's way of showing His love to those people.
    3. God does not involve Himself in the manner and timing of death.
    4. It was a test to see if others in the church would pray that the two persons would be resurrected. Nobody prayed, so they were not resurrected and remain dead.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 03:43
    5. We cannot possibly know the mind of God.
    aka
    He moves in mysterious ways.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 04:45
    6. Death is really not that bad, after all, it gets you to heaven quicker. Just don't kill me please.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 10:46
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    I know someone whose Baptist minister and the minister's son were killed in a car wreck. Do any of the following appeal to you?

1. The minister and his son could not have been TRUE Christians.
    2. That WAS God's way of showing His love to those people.
    3. God does not involve Himself in the manner and timing of death.
    4. It was a test to see if ot ...[text shortened]... two persons would be resurrected. Nobody prayed, so they were not resurrected and remain dead.
    None of the above...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree