1. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 18:061 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Yes.
    That was your answer to: "There are believers who make the claim that God is absolutely sovereign. Not even a single subatomic particle moves in a way that is independent of His will. Do you disagree with those who claim that?"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ephesians 1:11 says that God "worketh all things after the counsel of his own will."

Do you feel like you are being consistent with that?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 18:16
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    That was your answer to: "There are believers who make the claim that God is absolutely sovereign. Not even a single subatomic particle moves in a way that is independent of His will. Do you disagree with those who claim that?"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ephesians 1:11 says that God "worketh all things after the counsel of his own will."

Do you feel like you are being consistent with that?
    He will not overstep His word. Satan has control of this world, that authority was given to him by Adam, he causes tornadoes, etc., not God. To say every thing is God's will would be false. God wills that all men be saved, but are they? Of course not.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 19:19
    Satan has control of this world, that authority was given to him by Adam, he causes tornadoes, etc., not God.
    I appreciate that you are being bold enough to come right out and say what you think!

Days after the Haiti earthquake a few years back, I heard the host of a Christian radio talk show say, "The view most consistent with the Bible is that God causes the things we call 'natural disasters.'"

I am not asking you to change your view on that, I just want to be sure you know that some your brothers in Christ disagree with you on this issue, and no doubt on many other issues.

Does it bother you that Christians are not monolithic in their theology?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 20:32
    I appreciate that you are being bold enough to come right out and say what you think!

Days after the Haiti earthquake a few years back, I heard the host of a Christian radio talk show say, "The view most consistent with the Bible is that God causes the things we call 'natural disasters.'"

I am not asking you to change your view on that, I just wa ...[text shortened]... ny other issues.

Absolutely it bothers me. Christian doctrine has been corrupted on all levels. That's why we have Easter bunnies and Santa Claus, dead people in heaven, etc., etc.
    It takes serious bible study and fellowship with God and His Son to keep a level head and just point out error but still love people.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 21:30
    Christian doctrine has been corrupted on all levels. That's why we have Easter bunnies and Santa Claus,
    I've re-read this a few times - including putting on a funny voice - but
    I still dont get it. How are the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus products
    of a corrupted Christian doctrine? Any doctrine in particular?
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 22:213 edits
    Satan has control of this world, that authority was given to him by Adam, he causes tornadoes, etc., not God.
    Not to belabor the point, but simply out of curiosity--

Would that apply to dust storms on Mars, and the pounding Jupiter took from the comet that struck it in 1994?

Does your "this world" mean the Universe in totality, or just our own planet?

And what about earthquakes on our planet when there were no humans in place to feel the effects? Geologists say the San Andreas fault has been doing its thing for millions of years. (300 km of slippage in the last 12 million years, says one source.) But California has been inhabited by humans for only a small fraction of that time.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 08:18

I am not asking you to change your view on that, I just wa ...[text shortened]... ny other issues.

Cults typically are monlithic because they told what to think, the truth as seen by
    more than a few people may be expressed differently with some more right than
    others and some very wrong.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree