1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 11:21
    @divegeester said
    There no need to drop into child mode sonship; but anyway I still recommend you inform yourself of some online communication techniques.
    "Child mode" is perhaps too condescending.

I would call it reverse psychology. It seemed so obvious to me, that the only reason I can see that you missed it is because you were just snapping back at a perceived insult, like most of your posts to him on this forum.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 11:23
    @wolfgang59 said
    Four kinds of transport
    1.) Eternal transport - being in a jam on M25

2.) Borrowed transport - carjacking.

3.) Communal transport - uber

4.) Governmental transport (great examples) - bus or train
    I actually found this funny, unlike most of what you write in this forum.
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 11:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    'Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.'

Mark Twain
    Oh man! I really like that one.

Mark Twain is one of my literary heroes, but I'd never heard that quip before. Nice!

Just one more reason to appreciate him. 😊
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 12:06
    @wolfe63 said
    Oh man! I really like that one.

Mark Twain is one of my literary heroes, but I'd never heard that quip before. Nice!

Just one more reason to appreciate him. 😊
    Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde.

Say no more.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 13:37
    @suzianne said
    "Child mode" is perhaps too condescending.

I would call it reverse psychology. It seemed so obvious to me, that the only reason I can see that you missed it is because you were just snapping back at a perceived insult, like most of your posts to him on this forum.
    Sonship was being childish.

What do you think of his torturer god ideology and his apparent alignment with FMF’s 14 point exegesis of it?

Or is that something a little too close to proper discussion and disagreement with one of your buddies?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 13:39
    @suzianne said
    I feel that I simply must point out here your misspelling/misuse.

You used effected when you meant to use affected. Using the word effected changes the meaning of what you're trying to say into its opposite.

Affected - Fellowship is restored [after] being affected (changed) by sinning after receiving eternal salvation.

Effected - Fellows ...[text shortened]... Christian, and I wanted to make sure this did not become yet another bone some could pick with you.
    And yet his proposition that your jesus will deliberately burn billions of people alive for eternity passes you by like a leaf in a steam.

Staining at gnats and swallowing camels...much!
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 00:051 edit
    "And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev. 20:15)

I am not ashamed that this verse is in my Bible.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 00:34
    @sonship said
    "And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev. 20:15)

I am not ashamed that this verse is in my Bible.
    Your response to my 14 elements was textbook misdirection and prevarication. It had a thoroughly evasive air about it. If such reticence was not caused by feelings of being "ashamed", what was the reason?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 00:44
    @FMF

It really wasn't 14 elements. It was the same element repeated in different words 14 times.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 00:48
    @sonship said
    @FMF

It really wasn't 14 elements. It was the same element repeated in different words 14 times.
    That's not true.

Claiming it be so is just you dodging the content of the post you are replying to here.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 00:581 edit
    @FMF

It was basically the same complaint 14 times. And you will probably try to expand it to more "elements".

For an atheist who likes to flash his badge at every chance he can get and says saved or lost doesn't matter one way or the other, this seems odd behavior.

If you find out you were wrong, you'll have ample time to convince God that there is no such thing as sin. You can teach Him that that is only for religious people with deities.

It should be interesting.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 01:36
    @sonship said
    @FMF

It was basically the same complaint 14 times.
    No, they weren't. Sure, they overlapped ~ that's no surprise - they are interlocking after all - but you are not telling the truth. Is this your excuse for your evasive prevarication in the face of those 14 elements.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 01:38
    @sonship said
    For an atheist who likes to flash his badge at every chance he can get and says saved or lost doesn't matter one way or the other, this seems odd behavior.
    I don't believe I am going to be tormented for eternity in a burning fire after I die, that's true. But it doesn't mean we cannot discuss your ideology which is morally rooted in the assertion that non-believers will be tormented for eternity in a burning fire. This is a debate and discussion forum after all.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 01:40
    @sonship said
    If you find out you were wrong, you'll have ample time to convince God that there is no such thing as sin. You can teach Him that that is only for religious people with deities.
    This makes you sound like you are trying to psychologically abuse a child. This kind of rhetorical gimmick is worthless.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 01:442 edits
    @sonship said
    @FMF

It was basically the same complaint 14 times.
    You are not telling the truth. Each one adds a piece of information or detail to the ideology:

1: Non-believers are supposedly thrown into a Lake of Fire.

2: Here, they are made to suffer for eternity.

3: This is punishment and revenge for their lack of faith and belief in the Christian God/Jesus.

4: They have 'failed to believe' that they were forgiven by Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection.

5: This lack of belief and failure are unforgivable.

6: In Hell/The Lake of Fire they are not destroyed and they are not allowed to die in order to escape the flames. They are conscious. They are tormented by the flames.

7: This torture is everlasting. {repetitive}

8: The still living Jesus and some angels look on - for eternity - as all these non-Christians suffer in the flames.

9: This punishment is for unforgiven sins and is perfect justice and the ultimate morality.

10: Lack of Christian belief makes a person a willing participant in the rebellion against God of a supernatural figure called Satan.

11: Everyone should fear God's wrath and choose to believe the Jesus story.

12: Christians who believe all these things, and who believe that their sins have been forgiven BECAUSE they believe all these things, go to Heaven.

13: God created billions and billions of human beings with the explicit foreknowledge that they would adhere to other religions and traditions and, as a consequence, be subjected to everlasting torture in this way.

14: But, because of 'free will', those billions of people who do go to Hell, they send themselves there knowingly and wilfully, even if they do not believe in the torturer god and do not subscribe to the torturer god ideology.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree