1. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 15:29
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Looks to me like it says quite clearly that he rested from his work work being the key word you apparently missed.

The Hebrew word there can mean simply decist or cease or put an end to.
    It does not have to signify any physical exhaustion.

I don't stop my reading of the revelation of the Bible with this passage.
    I gather addition ...[text shortened]... ] long before the inception of the birth of Christ or the inception of the Christian church.
    Does any of your mental gymnastics change that it says he RESTED? Of course, you are free to continue your "spin" but you are doing the bible no favors. Tell me, why does your all powerful god need the help of a puny human?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 15:452 edits
    Originally posted by Phil Hill
    Does any of your mental gymnastics change that it says [b]he RESTED? Of course, you are free to continue your "spin" but you are doing the bible no favors. Tell me, why does your all powerful god need the help of a puny human?[/b]
    Apparently, you want to go through the Bible and submit evidences for a theological concept. Fine. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I would like to know on what basis you say that the Isaiah passage should take a back seat and the Genesis passage should be the main passage forming your concept.

Do you have some reason why the rest of the Genesis passage is much more important than the "not faint" passage of Isaiah ?

Is it because to understand God as exhausted gives you a better strawman argument against faith in the Bible's God ? Do you prefer that picture ?

Why is not the same Scripture meaningful to you when it says that the Creator does not grow faint or become weary?

What is your method of establishing the Genesis passage should take precidence over the Isaiah passage in the reader formulating a concept about God in the Bible ?

I think my interpretation is far more consistent with the whole disclosure of God's attributes in the Old Testament. Your concept seems useful for a good lampoon satire.

Which muscles do you suppose needed rest ?
  3. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 15:52
    Apparently, you want to go through the Bible and submit evidences for a theological concept. Fine. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I would like to know on what basis you say that the [b]Isaiah
    passage should take a back seat and the Genesis passage should be the main passage forming your concept.

Do you have some reason why the rest ...[text shortened]... pt seems useful for a good lampoon satire.

Which muscles do you suppose needed rest ?[/b]
    Do you understand that the supposed creation was before the authors of Isaiah were even a twinkle in their parents non-existing eyes?

The bible says he rested and your abhorrence to that isn't going to change anything.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:03
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    no one thing has 'control' of the brain. your dna and the enviroment you live in, (epecially growing up, the first 3 years are key) all effect the way your brain develops.
    What controls the dna?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:082 edits
    Does any of your mental gymnastics change that it says [b]he RESTED? Of course, you are free to continue your "spin" but you are doing the bible no favors. Tell me, why does your all powerful god need the help of a puny human?[/b]
    Tell me, why does your all powerful god need the help of a puny human?

Make up your mind then - the tired God resting or the all-powerful God ?

Whether I am "helping" God or not I don't know. I am giving a reason for the hope that is within me. The Bible says I should be ready to do that.

And the implied sarcasm of your posts kind of prompts me to submit my understanding of the attributes of God.

Now we know all the physical things came out of the stars. Your body and my body are made up of the stuff thrown off by stars. well, God created the stars.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth ...".

Before the physical universe, time, and space - God. The Uncreated and eternal life. Is it too hard to understand that this Creator rested, but not because He gets physically weary ?

It is His unwavering strength by which we humans can be empowered.

Same book - "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up their wings as eagles ..."

As we humans may derive empowerment from the unwearying Creator God, we may also derive eternal life from Him as well.
  6. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What controls the dna?
    Chemicals, specifically Adenine, Thymine, Cytosine and Guanine and their respective Hydrogen bonds. Any other questions?
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:12
    Chemicals, specifically Adenine, Thymine, Cytosine and Guanine and their respective Hydrogen bonds. Any other questions?
    Only mine dude. Which muscles of God needed a rest ?
  8. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:13
    Originally posted by jaywill"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up their wings as eagles ..."
    Only if they drink Red Bull 🙂

Does any of this change that it says he rested?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:14
    Do you understand that the supposed creation was before the authors of Isaiah were even a twinkle in their parents non-existing eyes?

The bible says [b]he rested
    and your abhorrence to that isn't going to change anything.[/b]
    The bible says he rested and your abhorrence to that isn't going to change anything.

Heavy !

Um, it also says God doesn't get weary. Your selective cynicism doesn't change that.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:16
    Phil Hill the newbie seems like a Troll making a go at being a serious discusser at the Spirituality Forum. I think it is only a short matter of time that he will slink back into pure troll mode - chit chatty wise cracks.
  11. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:21
    Phil Hill the newbie seems like a Troll making a go at being a serious discusser at the Spirituality Forum. I think it is only a short matter of time that he will slink back into pure troll mode - chit chatty wise cracks.
    Does this change that it says he rested?
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:302 edits
    Does this change that it says [b]he rested?[/b]
    We know what it says. Serious readers of anything, including the Bible, give some thought to what it means.

We are dealing with a translation from another language to English.

You will not answer my question about which muscles of God got weary.
    You will not give any rational how you establish one statement in the Bible to be the main statement of God's attributes (assuming that fatique is the ONLY possible implication [edited] of the hebrew word there translated as our English rest.)

I'm not going to spend too much time more on this. I recognize stubburness, and do not mistake it for intellectual validity. I can detect the difference.

You're just being plan stubburn to interpret there physical fatique. I'll take it and also consider the other statment that the Creator doesn't get weary or faint.

I want to believe everything the Bible teaches without a cynical selectivity.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:34
    We know what it says. Serious readers of anything, including the Bible, give some thought to what it means.

You will not give any rational how you establish one statement in the Bible to be the main st ...[text shortened]... r faint.

It is what I call ornery. 😀
  14. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:36

You will not give any rational how you establish one statement in the Bible to be the main st ...[text shortened]... r faint.

The question remains....does your posturing change that it says he rested?
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 16:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What controls the dna?
    things do not have to be 'controlled' for them to function. would you describe the molecules that join and repel to make chemicals as 'controlled'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree